Help with a riddle (MNI)

cookie

Reply Sat 5 Jun, 2004 11:44 am
riddle
can anyone help me w/ mcgonagall's first riddle. I have absolutely no way of finding out the last three numbers in the equation...
0 Replies

monkeyd

Reply Sat 5 Jun, 2004 12:41 pm
Re:
Yes you do. For McGonagalls quiz use Google to find out what those numbers are. Then use a calculator to figure out the answer.
0 Replies

monkeyd

Reply Sat 5 Jun, 2004 12:44 pm
Re:
For the marmalade, ask snape about it. But DO NOT ask snape about it unless you have actually opened the vault. and there are 16 pages to this thread, so many questions have already been answered if you look back and read.

I'm stumped on 15. I got Snapes message about the monkey babbling random numbers, I know the monkey says some garbled stuff. I've looked at that message in a mirror, upside down and backwards. It's still got me stumped. I'd rather have a hint than a flat out answer if possible, since I do enjoy solving it for myself. But I am still stumped.
0 Replies

cookie

Reply Sat 5 Jun, 2004 12:52 pm
thanks! I got the owl... Another question though: you know how u have to click on the certain cards in order to get an owl? Well I've tried yet all I get is the dude's picture. I know someone else had this problem and I'm thinking it's because I never found the MNIS3-6-11-4-9-16 code in the first place. Where did you guys find that one? Also with Trelawnwey's error message. Perhaps u have to find out that she doesn't like big things because she deosn't freak out when I put my huge picture on there and I haven't found that message either.
0 Replies

monkeyd

Reply Sat 5 Jun, 2004 02:19 pm
re
After you get the owl from Trelawny you can get the one from the MNIS cards. I believe thats where the code shows up. I know I couldn't get that owl until I did Trelawny. Just try to use a 'big' picture from a real cardset. That way it's the right size and should work without an error. Then when you find the owl just delete your set without submitting it.
0 Replies

cookie

Reply Sat 5 Jun, 2004 02:42 pm
I did use one that was the right size at first and I couldn't get it so I read some other people's posts and they said that you had to get a too big picture so she'd freak out and then you'd get the owl.
0 Replies

monkeyd

Reply Sat 5 Jun, 2004 03:20 pm
re
I think when I did it I used one of the wallpaper images from mugglenet. It worked fine and I got my owl. I tried to do it again, but it didn't work. SO I don't know if that's because I already got that owl, or if it's been changed. I'd suggest you try other large images (like a wallpaper image from mugglenet) and just keep trying.
0 Replies

Albus

Reply Sat 5 Jun, 2004 10:33 pm
Monkey's Numbers
I think the next few posts should be related to the monkey scrambled message and scrambled numbers.

What have you guys got so far?
0 Replies

monkeyd

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2004 10:46 am
re: monkey
Well for the monkey I have nothing Smile I have Snapes message
"How odd, some weird 'monkey' thing just ran past me blabbering some random numbers:
"28 92 4 6 101" - do you have a clue what this means?"
Then I have all the things the monkey says on the home page.
Monkey's words of wisdom
Egdelwony kd mnoyes br iedrn oh acut sur. Bedrl oaiceps a ns idneiry fw meit vsuu moe, yd mnio ft tur. Behto oe nkit lerces a ma I, draobdraf cd olrow a nd ietaluspacne.

People say I'm almost human because I have 99% of human DNA. With that in mind, I'm 50% like a banana... cool!

People ask me where I get my good looks from. I tell them 'It's because I have the animal attraction that you feeble humans don't have'. Such is life.
Apparently 'fur' is this year's 'black'. It keeps you warm, it's comfy and a hit with the lady monkies. Oh wait, you're not a monkey? - you could have fooled me!

Whatever you do, DON'T buy any of J K Rowling's books. They suck. You have loads of weird creatures, including humans, but no monkeys! Show me the monkey!

Now for the scrambled message one if you read it kind of backwards, but don't concentrate on the letters, but more their shape the first word, Egdelwony, looks like it could be knowledge, just look at the y as a K.

But I'm stumped right there. I'm probably looking too hard. So any help with that would be appreciated.
0 Replies

DragonSlayer

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2004 02:43 pm
i can get a word for that hear and there, but none of it goes together or makes sense. its like scrabbled words,,, or something like that...
0 Replies

DragonSlayer

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2004 02:52 pm
This is what i have so far,,,

egdelwony=knowledge
mnoyes=monkeys
oh=oh
acut=cute

maybe?

if anyone knows this could they give us all a hint, please,,, i'd like to figure it out, ive tried a mirror and am still stumped
0 Replies

DragonSlayer

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2004 02:53 pm
oh, and before i leave, does anyone know anything about the mirror of erised thing.... nothing i've come up with has gotten me anywhere...
0 Replies

Albus

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2004 03:38 pm
Mirror of Erised
REFER TO OLD POSTS!

But while im typing

above the mirror is something like

4291:11v

read it backwards

v11:1294

so in this case 1294 is the code to vault 11
(NOTE I JUST USED A RANDOM NUMBER)

B.T.W: Please once you have done this post back saying that it said secret solved and nothing happened. As this is part of the secret!
0 Replies

Crystal Remus

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2004 04:29 pm
ok people... here it is

to figure out what the monkey says, you cant just look at it in the mirror. you have to read the message, from the end of it letter by letter until you get to the front, making the necesary adjustments along the way. Sometimes the letters are 2 or 3 off, but if you spend enough time on it (liek the hour that i did haha) you can read it... and this is what is says...

Encapsulated in a world of cardboard, I am a secret like no other, but to find me you must view my friends in a special order, but such an order is beyond my knowledge.
28-92-4-6-101

I personally think this might have to do with the offical wizard card set, but then again, i have absolutely no idea if im right (and they arent supposed to be finished for a while either...) Besides taht, i have NO IDEA where the world of cardboard is, or who his friends are - other monkeys perhaps??? post back with thoughts.

one more q - is this part of another secret, or is this the newest secret that jaime just posted?!?! (yes, he just posted a secret 18!!!)
0 Replies

monkeyd

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2004 05:12 pm
re: monkey
I'm pretty sure the monkey clue is secret 15. And yes it sounds like it will have something to do with the wizard cards.

Hmm I see there is now a secret 18, yet no clues for it yet. I'll have to wander through the site to see if I find anything.
0 Replies

JamesD

Reply Mon 7 Jun, 2004 03:35 am
Can someone who has gotten the owl from trelawny give me the url codes cause i am having no luck. Crying or Very sad ive been trying for weeks but i cant get anything to work rite. i need help bad.
0 Replies

thatdarnpest

Reply Mon 7 Jun, 2004 10:12 am
I'm having the same problem i'm afraid Jamesd.
Purpley's my last owl. I've kinda given up hope of getting him!

I beleive Jamie's avatar - a deer, stag, Padfoot? - is a clue. He said in one of his messages we were staring at a clue, nothing in his message, it could be his sigbnature (a picture of cedric D, but thats a reference to Jamie being retired.)

have I made any sense? well, you guys go and check jamie's avatar.
0 Replies

monkeyd

Reply Mon 7 Jun, 2004 10:33 am
Hmm I got the Trelawny owl, but it was about 2 weeks ago. Either they changed it, or it's broken. I wish I could help, but it did work.

Yeah in the Pensieve Jamie has a big arrow pointing to his Avatar when someone asked for a clue. It's white with just kind of an outline of what I thought was a moose, then in the bottom left corner of the avatar there is a white/grey question mark. I don't remember seeing any moose, or stag or Prongs around MNI before. But that's the clue, hmmmmm.
0 Replies

JamesD

Reply Mon 7 Jun, 2004 11:10 am
well thanks guys. they probably did change it or something and thats why im having truoble. i cant seem to get reddy either. any thoughts on him. and if anyone's got any info on purpliy id love to hear it. please, i need help. Sad
0 Replies

JamesD

Reply Mon 7 Jun, 2004 11:21 am
well never mind on reddy. i decided to just go and mess around with that code and i did it the exact same way but this time i got it. but i still do need help with purply if anyone has any ideas.
0 Replies