22
   

America Is Becoming Ungovernable.

 
 
JTT
 
  1  
Reply Tue 22 Oct, 2013 08:00 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
Clearly you're not whining, but what, exactly, are you doing to ease the pain and suffering of the poor victims of US aggression?

Hectoring people on A2K?


Are you of the opinion, Finn, that the very people who are supporting these ongoing crimes should be cajoled in their sickening whining about how life is such a bitch for them?

Consider, really consider what life is like for Vietnamese parents who have spent the last 25 years raising a badly deformed child caused by Agent Orange. A US judge awarded US troops a huge settlement but that same judge denied the people of Vietnam affected by this chemical weapon any money.

Multiply cases like this by the millions and the whining seems awfully damn petulant.


Quote:
Now that is bound to make you a hero in their eyes.


I'm to concern myself with folks like BillRM who brags about his "rule of law" country paying no heed to such a principle.
parados
 
  1  
Reply Tue 22 Oct, 2013 08:15 pm
@hawkeye10,
You do realize that we have elections that allow us to change the government and the majority voted for Democrats after the ACA was passed. But now you are going claim the majority vote isn't the consent of the people?
hawkeye10
 
  1  
Reply Tue 22 Oct, 2013 08:18 pm
@parados,
choosing to make D's the holder of the majority of the government does not give the D's the right to defy the majority. under your theory I can rape my wife at will because she can always divorce me if she does not like it.

nope.
JTT
 
  1  
Reply Tue 22 Oct, 2013 08:25 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
choosing to make D's the holder of the majority of the government does not give the D's the right to defy the majority.


Why not?
0 Replies
 
parados
 
  1  
Reply Tue 22 Oct, 2013 08:25 pm
@hawkeye10,
ROFLMAO...

I guess you don't understand how government works. Perhaps you should read Locke before you make such outlandish statements about how how there is no consent to be governed unless the majority agree to a given issue.
RABEL222
 
  1  
Reply Tue 22 Oct, 2013 08:58 pm
@parados,
Maybe you should explain to hawk that when you vote for a representative you give him the right to vote how he sees fit. He has no mandate to ask for a vote from his constituents every time something comes up. If you think government is slow now try that system. I dident explain that very well. Perhaps someone can do a better job. If you dont like his decisions you can change him in the next election.
hawkeye10
 
  1  
Reply Tue 22 Oct, 2013 09:22 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:

ROFLMAO...

I guess you don't understand how government works. Perhaps you should read Locke before you make such outlandish statements about how how there is no consent to be governed unless the majority agree to a given issue.

more likely you should go back and read what I wrote since you clearly did not understand it.
hawkeye10
 
  1  
Reply Tue 22 Oct, 2013 09:25 pm
@RABEL222,
"how he sees fit" should be how the people want him to unless he has a very good reason to not do that. they are representatives not lords. removal from office for not doing his job of representing us is the remidy for wrong doing, not SOP.
RABEL222
 
  1  
Reply Tue 22 Oct, 2013 10:40 pm
@hawkeye10,
You can remove him from office if someone buys his vote and you can prove it. If he votes his conscience, even though it goes against what you believe the only recourse you have is to vote against him in the next election. Show me a law that says he has to vote with the majority if he dosent believe in the legislation being voted on?
JTT
 
  1  
Reply Tue 22 Oct, 2013 10:51 pm
@RABEL222,
Is "So Called Democracy" your tag, Rabel? Smile
0 Replies
 
hawkeye10
 
  0  
Reply Tue 22 Oct, 2013 11:25 pm
Democrats own health care

By Dana Milbank

Quote:
This is perhaps the biggest problem facing Obamacare and probably will haunt it long after the technical problems at HealthCare.gov are fixed. Because of all the noise and disinformation, President Obama and the Democrats don’t just own Obamacare as a political issue. They own health care. Anytime something bad happens — premiums rise, or employers change plans or pare coverage — Obamacare will be blamed, even if the new law had nothing to do with the change.

“It’s one of the most frustrating things,” says Brad Woodhouse, the former Democratic National Committee official who runs Americans United for Change. “If anybody has a problem with health care, Republicans say it has to be a problem with Obamacare.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/dana-milbank-democrats-own-obamacare-now/2013/10/22/2e64c962-3b53-11e3-b6a9-da62c264f40e_story.html?hpid=z2

well no ****, human nature is for people to see what they want to see, so when the majority is against ObamaCare ( and in this case it does not matter the reason, those who dont think it went far enough operate the same as aTea Party member) there is a predisposition to blame ObamaCare for healthcare problems. R's would be incompetent at their day jobs to not exploit this, and this attack on D's WILL work just as sure as morning comes again because healthcare was already an out of control clusterfuck before Obama inserted himself and he then went and made it worse , so sniveling about it is kind of sad .

But this is a good lesson is why Parties in Washington should almost never defy the majority without cover from the other party.
hawkeye10
 
  0  
Reply Wed 23 Oct, 2013 12:13 am
@hawkeye10,
"team Obama can not even make a website functional, after years of lead time and an unlimited budget, this being the thing that they are supposed to be GREAT at and have claimed all along that they care a lot about??!!"

"OMG, WHAT DID WE GET OUTSELVES INTO BY FOLLOWING THIS GUY??!! "

This is your basic nightmare for D's.
parados
 
  1  
Reply Wed 23 Oct, 2013 07:17 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

parados wrote:

ROFLMAO...

I guess you don't understand how government works. Perhaps you should read Locke before you make such outlandish statements about how how there is no consent to be governed unless the majority agree to a given issue.

more likely you should go back and read what I wrote since you clearly did not understand it.

I understood it just fine. You think a majority opinion gives you the power to rape your wife.

But back in reality, we elect representatives according to the way our government was set up. Those representatives are supposed to look at issues that the electorate doesn't have time to deal with and make informed decisions. They are not elected to simply do what an uninformed electorate wants them to do. That is a recipe for disaster.
0 Replies
 
parados
 
  1  
Reply Wed 23 Oct, 2013 07:19 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
"team Obama can not even make a website functional, after years of lead time and an unlimited budget,

Unlimited budget? Really? Perhaps you should check out the actual voting of Congress where they tried to strip all funding whenever they could. HHS ended up having to try to scrape up money from other programs because Congress didn't give them money.
0 Replies
 
Finn dAbuzz
 
  1  
Reply Wed 23 Oct, 2013 04:38 pm
@JTT,
No.

From who? You?

0 Replies
 
Finn dAbuzz
 
  1  
Reply Wed 23 Oct, 2013 04:39 pm
@JTT,
You didn't answer my question.
0 Replies
 
Frank Apisa
 
  1  
Reply Wed 23 Oct, 2013 04:46 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Democrats own health care

By Dana Milbank

Quote:
This is perhaps the biggest problem facing Obamacare and probably will haunt it long after the technical problems at HealthCare.gov are fixed. Because of all the noise and disinformation, President Obama and the Democrats don’t just own Obamacare as a political issue. They own health care. Anytime something bad happens — premiums rise, or employers change plans or pare coverage — Obamacare will be blamed, even if the new law had nothing to do with the change.

“It’s one of the most frustrating things,” says Brad Woodhouse, the former Democratic National Committee official who runs Americans United for Change. “If anybody has a problem with health care, Republicans say it has to be a problem with Obamacare.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/dana-milbank-democrats-own-obamacare-now/2013/10/22/2e64c962-3b53-11e3-b6a9-da62c264f40e_story.html?hpid=z2

well no ****, human nature is for people to see what they want to see, so when the majority is against ObamaCare ( and in this case it does not matter the reason, those who dont think it went far enough operate the same as aTea Party member) there is a predisposition to blame ObamaCare for healthcare problems. R's would be incompetent at their day jobs to not exploit this, and this attack on D's WILL work just as sure as morning comes again because healthcare was already an out of control clusterfuck before Obama inserted himself and he then went and made it worse , so sniveling about it is kind of sad .

But this is a good lesson is why Parties in Washington should almost never defy the majority without cover from the other party.


Hilarious, Hawk. You are a gem.

hawkeye10
 
  1  
Reply Wed 23 Oct, 2013 05:23 pm
@Frank Apisa,
you could have complemented me without wasting so much server space ya know.

Do you have anything to add to the thread or are you just passing through?
Finn dAbuzz
 
  1  
Reply Wed 23 Oct, 2013 05:40 pm
@hawkeye10,
Frank's a kibitzer
0 Replies
 
JTT
 
  1  
Reply Wed 23 Oct, 2013 08:23 pm
@hawkeye10,
It makes Frank's post seem weightier.
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

Obama '08? - Discussion by sozobe
Let's get rid of the Electoral College - Discussion by Robert Gentel
McCain's VP: - Discussion by Cycloptichorn
Food Stamp Turkeys - Discussion by H2O MAN
The 2008 Democrat Convention - Discussion by Lash
McCain is blowing his election chances. - Discussion by McGentrix
Snowdon is a dummy - Discussion by cicerone imposter
GAFFNEY: Whose side is Obama on? - Discussion by gungasnake
 
Copyright © 2021 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.09 seconds on 12/06/2021 at 06:48:12