Americans : aren't you convinced now that Iran is peaceful and Israel is war monger ?

oralloy

Thu 3 Oct, 2013 12:23 am
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:
The reasons for the original 9/11 attacks were the presence of US troops in Saudi Arabia, sanctions against Iraq and US support of Israel.

Wrong. They also hoped to conquer the world, commit genocide against all non-Muslims, and create a global theocratic hell where it would be against the law for women to know how to read.

InfraBlue wrote:
The only grievance left today is the US' support of Israel.
The US shouldn't be supporting that oppressive state.

Give it a rest Adolf. Your anti-Semitism is repugnant.
oralloy

Thu 3 Oct, 2013 12:25 am
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:
The point is that the assertion that "like hell we should not be supporting Israel" isn't a very well articulated argument.

Maybe that's because he was expressing an opinion instead of an argument?

InfraBlue wrote:
The assertion that you and most of your fellow citizens say so is also not a very well articulated argument, and is an argumentum ad populum fallacy to boot.

That is incorrect. His point that most Americans share in his policy opinions is a valid one, especially given the fact that he was responding to "says you".
oralloy

Thu 3 Oct, 2013 12:25 am
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:
But as more and more of your fellow citizens become educated as to what Israel is up too fewer and fewer of them agree with you. Wouldent surprise me if you were a minority right now.

Sorry Adolf. America is not about to start believing your anti-Semitic lies.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Thu 3 Oct, 2013 01:40 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

LOL you argument that we should be like Spain and run and hide every time some third world terrorists get annoy at our actions is not worth a lot of efforts to counter either.

If the second most powerful nuclear arms nation on earth at the time could not force us to leave the city of Berlin and it citizens to the mercy of the former USSR then why the hell should we allow some terrorists to do the same in regard to our
ally Israel?

It isn’t about what the terrorists want, it’s about not supporting a rouge nation. The terrorism perpetrated in response to our support of Israel is a reaction thereto. The US’ response to counter and respond to that terrorism nearly broke the country and has lead to the increase of governmental suppression of civil rights there.

Obstinacy for the sake of obstinacy isn’t a very good foreign policy modus operandi.
InfraBlue

Thu 3 Oct, 2013 01:48 pm
@oralloy,
oral wrote:

InfraBlue wrote:
The reasons for the original 9/11 attacks were the presence of US troops in Saudi Arabia, sanctions against Iraq and US support of Israel.

Wrong. They also hoped to conquer the world, commit genocide against all non-Muslims, and create a global theocratic hell where it would be against the law for women to know how to read.

That you provide assertions of other reasons for the attacks does not negate the truth of the reasons that I've provided.

oral wrote:
InfraBlue wrote:

Get professional help, oral; your paranoid delusions are showing.

There is absolutely nothing anti-Semitic about what I wrote.
InfraBlue

Thu 3 Oct, 2013 01:52 pm
@oralloy,
oral wrote:

InfraBlue wrote:
The point is that the assertion that "like hell we should not be supporting Israel" isn't a very well articulated argument.

Then it wasn't a very well articulated opinion.

oral wrote:
InfraBlue wrote:
The assertion that you and most of your fellow citizens say so is also not a very well articulated argument, and is an argumentum ad populum fallacy to boot.

That is incorrect. His point that most Americans share in his policy opinions is a valid one, especially given the fact that he was responding to "says you".

It's valid in regard to nothing, and as an expession of an opinion is irrelevant.
BillRM

Thu 3 Oct, 2013 02:22 pm
@InfraBlue,
Quote:
It's valid in regard to nothing, and as an expession of an opinion is irrelevant.

LOL as you are an anti-Semitic who is of the opinion that the US should bow down to terrorists instead of hunting them down and killing them you do not deserve any response at all.........
InfraBlue

Thu 3 Oct, 2013 03:27 pm
@BillRM,
uh-huh.
0 Replies

Foofie

Thu 3 Oct, 2013 05:47 pm
@TomBecker89,
TomBecker89 wrote:

But you're american . How can you not hate Israel ?

Because being an American is not being a European. America is different from the land that many Caucasoidal American families hailed from. So different in fact that many Americans find Israel a fellow traveller in a world filled with hateful people. I take it you do not subscribe to bible prophecy. Perhaps, sort of a person of working class backgrounds, and limited mainstream affiliations (college, job)? You sad, innocuous soul.
Foofie

Thu 3 Oct, 2013 05:50 pm
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:

If you were whom you claimed to be then you would already have known that not so small detail about America and its state of its media regarding world news not directly concerning the US.

Plus, most people just see the "news" for local news. International news is not the interest of many people, unless they might have a particular ideology to promulgate, in my opinion.
0 Replies

Foofie

Thu 3 Oct, 2013 05:52 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

I suspect the American public will be put off by his dismissal of hope.

Can't you accept the fact that this country is so big that different regions have different perceptions of the same new item. Look where you reside, and you talk for the CONUS states?
Frank Apisa

Thu 3 Oct, 2013 06:00 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

I suspect the American public will be put off by his dismissal of hope.

Can't you accept the fact that this country is so big that different regions have different perceptions of the same new item. Look where you reside, and you talk for the CONUS states?

I suspect that most Americans will be put off by Bibi's comments and dismissal of hope.

I may be wrong.
oralloy

Thu 3 Oct, 2013 08:34 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:
The terrorism perpetrated in response to our support of Israel is a reaction thereto.

You are pretending that the terrorists shared your twisted and hateful ideals. But in reality the terrorists had their own twisted and hateful ideals, which were quite different from yours.
oralloy

Thu 3 Oct, 2013 08:34 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:
oral wrote:
InfraBlue wrote:

That you provide assertions of other reasons for the attacks does not negate the truth of the reasons that I've provided.

It certainly negates your attempt to pretend that the reasons you listed were an accurate description of their motivation. You managed to leave out 90% of the terrorists' goals.

InfraBlue wrote:
oral wrote:
InfraBlue wrote:

Get professional help, oral; your paranoid delusions are showing.
There is absolutely nothing anti-Semitic about what I wrote.

Your hateful lies are anti-Semitism and nothing but.
oralloy

Thu 3 Oct, 2013 08:40 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:
oral wrote:
InfraBlue wrote:

Then it wasn't a very well articulated opinion.

On the contrary. His opinion was expressed quite clearly.

InfraBlue wrote:
oral wrote:
InfraBlue wrote:

His post directly and accurately refuted the post that it was replying to. Can't get more valid than that.

And while his view of "what American policy should be" counted as an opinion, when he pointed out "what the American people think American policy should be" he was pointing out a fact.
OmSigDAVID

Thu 3 Oct, 2013 10:54 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
I suspect that most Americans
will be put off by Bibi's comments and dismissal of hope.

I may be wrong.
His speech, that Bill was kind enuf to post,
was the essence of good, logical, clear thought. We need to act quickly.

David
Frank Apisa

Fri 4 Oct, 2013 03:15 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:
I suspect that most Americans
will be put off by Bibi's comments and dismissal of hope.

I may be wrong.
His speech, that Bill was kind enuf to post,
was the essence of good, logical, clear thought. We need to act quickly.

David

His speech...was anything but "the essence of good, logical, clear thought", David.

I suspect most Americans will see that...and I certainly hope so.

0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Fri 4 Oct, 2013 03:48 am
In today’s edition, Roger Cohen, NY Times op-ed columnist, says it best:

When Netanyahu’s staunchest supporters — the leaders of the American Jewish community — question his approach to Iran, the Israeli prime minister needs to stop calling Rouhani “a wolf in sheep’s clothing,” his favored epithet, and start worrying about crying wolf.

Cohen suggests that Bibi IS alienating the American community…and that the Prime Minister would do much better to focus his attention to the problems between Israel and the Palestinians than on the standing and supposed dangers of Iran to the world.

The piece is not one sided…and makes for interesting reading.

The headline writer…and column summation is spot on:

Bibi's Tired Iranian Lines
By ROGER COHEN
Netanyahu should retire the Third Reich analogies and focus on Israel-Palestine.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/04/opinion/cohen-bibis-tired-iranian-lines.html?nl=todaysheadlines&emc=edit_th_20131004
0 Replies

oralloy

Fri 4 Oct, 2013 04:52 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:
His speech, that Bill was kind enuf to post, was the essence of good, logical, clear thought. We need to act quickly.

Unless Iran abandons their illegal nuclear program very very quickly, in less than a year Mr. Obama will direct the US Air Force to thoroughly bombard them.
Bentinie

Fri 4 Oct, 2013 09:18 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
Mr. Obama will direct the US Air Force to thoroughly bombard them.

How do you know this? Are you privy to classified information?