It's official. The Tea Party hates their own country.

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 1 Oct, 2013 02:20 pm
@glitterbag,
Actually, ALL US-cemeteries from D-Day and past days of the invasion are closed ... for the first time since 1956.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 1 Oct, 2013 03:11 pm
Michele Bachmann says that "We're very excited." The Ditz in Chief has spoken.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 1 Oct, 2013 05:29 pm
The health care law would be just the beginning. If the teabaggers ever got their way with Obamacare they would be encouraged on to ever more dangerous goals. Time to stand up to them is now.
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 1 Oct, 2013 05:45 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

The health care law would be just the beginning. If the teabaggers ever got their way with Obamacare they would be encouraged on to ever more dangerous goals. Time to stand up to them is now.

Absolutely, positively.

I want Obama not to give one inch on this...and I am pretty sure he won't.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 1 Oct, 2013 07:24 pm
@maxdancona,
I thought you were a teacher. Now I find that you are the official Chancellor of Who Loves Their Country.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 1 Oct, 2013 07:28 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Right now, I am just a pissed off American. Seeing my country extorted by a radical wing of the Republican party who don't have the decency to work through, or accept, the legitimate legislative process does that to me.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Tue 1 Oct, 2013 07:39 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Can we rename this thread? I think it should be called "it's official. The tea baggers hate the United States of America"
0 Replies

IRFRANK

Reply Tue 1 Oct, 2013 07:59 pm
@RVblast,
I'm tired of people blaming both parties. This is clearly the responsibility of the ideological far right. A dangerous group who will destroy this country.
glitterbag

Reply Tue 1 Oct, 2013 08:20 pm
@IRFRANK,
It's a suicide mission to put your faith in zealots.
IRFRANK

Reply Wed 2 Oct, 2013 05:50 am
@glitterbag,
Yes. But evidently it's very appealing. It happens time and again.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Wed 2 Oct, 2013 06:52 am
@McGentrix,
These simpletons are scared to death of a small group of open minded individuals with a contrasting point of view.

They blame their own unwillingness to negotiate on others. Childlike attitude I would suggest.

Funny when Democrats are in control, they think "democracy" is mob rule.
parados

Reply Wed 2 Oct, 2013 07:03 am
@woiyo,
Negotiation requires compromise. Compromise requires that both sides give something.

In this instance:
Obama is supposed to give up the affordable Care Act
The GOP is willing to give up _______

Please fill in the blank and tell us what the GOP want that they are willing to give up.

The only thing I can see they are bringing to the table is the shutdown. That isn't a negotiation. It is nothing more than a threat. It is, "You give up something or we will do a bad thing."
McGentrix

Reply Wed 2 Oct, 2013 07:48 am
@IRFRANK,
IRFRANK wrote:

I'm tired of people blaming both parties. This is clearly the responsibility of the ideological far right. A dangerous group who will destroy this country.

That's just a giant load of horse ****. This is a great place to shovel that though. All the like thinking loons here will slobber all over themselves to suck it up.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 2 Oct, 2013 07:57 am
@woiyo,
Quote:
These simpletons are scared to death of a small group of open minded individuals with a contrasting point of view.

If these "open minded individuals" were expressing their view in an appropriate way (meaning the normal legislative process), I wouldn't be so pissed.

They aren't doing that. They are blowing up the system, and hurting Americans, in a futile attempt to jam that "contrasting point of view" down our throats.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 2 Oct, 2013 08:00 am
@parados,
The negotiation has already happened. The bill now known as "Obamacare" is the result of negotiation.

The way we "negotiate" these things is through the legislative process. We debate it in Congress, we have committees and conference committees. We make changes to get enough support. And then we vote on it.

This is the normal democratic process.

Damaging the economy, and hurting Americans, because the negotiation doesn't go their way is not acceptable.
McGentrix

Reply Wed 2 Oct, 2013 08:13 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

The negotiation has already happened. The bill now known as "Obamacare" is the result of negotiation.

The way we "negotiate" these things is through the legislative process. We debate it in Congress, we have committees and conference committees. We make changes to get enough support. And then we vote on it.

This is the normal democratic process.

Damaging the economy, and hurting Americans, because the negotiation doesn't go their way is not acceptable.

And this just shows you have no idea what you are talking about. There was nothing normal about how Obamacare got through the system. It also did not receive a single Republican vote. Not much negotiation there so don't come here and try to lie about it and make it out to be nothing more then a group of sore losers whining about legislation they disagree with. The only negotiations occurred in the Senate between ultra liberal fanatics and the moderate Dems to get the moderate Dems on board.

You really have no clue about this, do you?
maxdancona

Reply Wed 2 Oct, 2013 09:18 am
@McGentrix,
Obamacare went through the legislative process. It passed both houses of Congress according to the rules of each body. It received a majority of votes in both houses of Congress and was signed into law by the president.

The Constitution says that this is the way we make law. Show me where it says there needs to be a Republican vote?

http://www.usconstitution.net/xconst_A1Sec7.html

And show me where, after the legislative process has been resolved (and signed by the President and confirmed by the Supreme Court), a small extreme faction of the minority party can hold the economy hostage.

I will concede that legally they can hold the economy hostage. I am pissed that anyone would have such disregard for the legislative process, and the good of the nation, to actually go through with it.

The Tea Party can go to Hell.
RABEL222

Reply Wed 2 Oct, 2013 09:30 am
@McGentrix,
Typical conservative answer. Insulting, name calling, in place of facts because the facts show one to be wrong.
Advocate

Reply Wed 2 Oct, 2013 09:33 am
@RABEL222,
I don't see any facts that are wrong. Please advise.

The only thing slightly special is that the parliamentary procedure called reconciliation was employed. The only thing this did was to preclude a filibuster.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 2 Oct, 2013 09:36 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Obamacare went through the legislative process. It passed both houses of Congress according to the rules of each body. It received a majority of votes in both houses of Congress and was signed into law by the president.

The Constitution says that this is the way we make law. Show me where it says there needs to be a Republican vote?

http://www.usconstitution.net/xconst_A1Sec7.html

And show me where, after the legislative process has been resolved (and signed by the President and confirmed by the Supreme Court), a small extreme faction of the minority party can hold the economy hostage.

I will concede that legally they can hold the economy hostage. I am pissed that anyone would have such disregard for the legislative process, and the good of the nation, to actually go through with it.

The Tea Party can go to Hell.

That's a far cry from what you stated earlier, isn't it? There was no negotiating. The Senate had a 60 vote super -majority for a very short period of time, the bill was rushed through before the Mass. election that had a Republican take the hallowed seat of a Kennedy. Then the bill was rushed through the House through reconciliation. The whole process was dodgy to begin with and there were no negotiations.

Do you guys honestly believe that the Republicans will never again hold the majority in Congress and the Presidency? Is this how you want them to behave when it happens? Maybe when they do, they can ban abortions by having a super majority in the Senate and getting the bill back ended through the House with a reconciliation... Then you guys can just shrug and say "Well, it did go through the legislative process. Guess we can't have any more abortions then."

Is that how it will go?