12
   

Israel Has Reason to be Paranoid

 
 
Foofie
 
  1  
Reply Sat 28 Sep, 2013 04:40 pm
@izzythepush,
The Stern gang was Zionist. Israeli is a citizenship that came later due to the UN vote. The fact that any members of the Stern gang wound up in the later Israeli government is just indicative of the feeling of persecution that the new citizens of Israel felt after the hostility felt during the British Mandate, from the British and the Arabs. Sort of like I am pro-Black civil rights, but if I had been in a foxhole in Vietnam, I would have been very happy to have a soldier next to me that was flying the Confederate flag, since those Southerners can sure shoot well. Survival was the name of the game, after Hitler's ovens were closed.
izzythepush
 
  0  
Reply Sat 28 Sep, 2013 04:49 pm
@Foofie,
Still the same terrorists running things whichever way you look at it.
contrex
 
  2  
Reply Sat 28 Sep, 2013 05:26 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:
if I had been in a foxhole in Vietnam, I would have been very happy to have a soldier next to me that was flying the Confederate flag, since those Southerners can sure shoot well.


What a steaming pile of horse ****. From a master practitioner in the art.



Frank Apisa
 
  1  
Reply Sat 28 Sep, 2013 06:23 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

Foofie wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

...All that said, however, Israel has got to get over the notion that everything is about them...


They might be remembering a smaller world, when pagans were pagans, and lions made pagans laugh at the Coliseum?


I am sure you considered that very clever, Foof...but I have no idea of what you were trying to get across. If you want to explain...fine. If not...so be it.


Not clever at all. A non-sequitur, like clowns on unicycles. A reflection of how your focus is so atavistic, since it is all you guys, that are so concerned about Israel's doings, when there are bigger problems in the world. But, notice how some people just love to focus on Israel; a veritable drop of humanity in the world's bucket. All the Jews in the world don't even equal the population of Mexico City, yet it is so followed by the west. I do believe it is a residual of not having Jews to blame for whatever in Europe, or other continents. No more fictitious Protocols to be concerned about. Do you not see the obsession that the liberal west still has with Jews, except it is wrapped in Israel's flag this time?


Foofie...the thread is about ISRAEL.

I am much, much, much more interested in those "bigger problems"...but THIS THREAD is about Israel and the fact that Israel does indeed have a reason to be paranoid.

I still do not understand that earlier post...but you seem to be off on a tangent right now, so I'll just let it pass.
0 Replies
 
izzythepush
 
  1  
Reply Sun 29 Sep, 2013 02:41 am
@Foofie,
So you've just confirmed that Israel is intrinsically hostile towards the UK. Why should we have anything to do with a country that glorifies the murder of our citizens?
contrex
 
  1  
Reply Sun 29 Sep, 2013 03:52 am
I cannot help thinking that the thread is oddly titled: "Israel Has Reason To Be Paranoid" - paranoia is a mental illness characterised by delusions about imagined threats. If you have reason to be concerned about an actual violent threat, you are by definition not being "paranoid". If you do not have reason, then you are a potentially dangerous lunatic. It's the same kind of sloppy thinking that makes people say "schizoid" when they mean "undecided between two alternatives" or "manic" when they mean "excited", or "spastic" when they mean "clumsy".
Frank Apisa
 
  2  
Reply Sun 29 Sep, 2013 04:02 am
@contrex,
contrex wrote:

I cannot help thinking that the thread is oddly titled: "Israel Has Reason To Be Paranoid" - paranoia is a mental illness characterised by delusions about imagined threats. If you have reason to be concerned about an actual violent threat, you are by definition not being "paranoid". If you do not have reason, then you are a potentially dangerous lunatic. It's the same kind of sloppy thinking that makes people say "schizoid" when they mean "undecided between two alternatives" or "manic" when they mean "excited", or "spastic" when they mean "clumsy".



Wow! That was pretty interesting, Con. And you are correct.

Lexicographer Noah Webster's wife walks in on him fondling the downstairs maid.

"I am surprised," she says with great indignation.

"No, my dear," responds Webster, "you are astonished. It is I who am surprised."
contrex
 
  1  
Reply Sun 29 Sep, 2013 05:22 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
"No, my dear," responds Webster, "you are astonished. It is I who am surprised."


It may have been a relative of Webster who died after he fell in a lake and called out "I will drown and no-one shall save me!"
JTT
 
  1  
Reply Sun 29 Sep, 2013 09:32 am
@contrex,
Quote:
It's the same kind of sloppy thinking that makes people say "schizoid" when they mean "undecided between two alternatives" or "manic" when they mean "excited", or "spastic" when they mean "clumsy".


This is the same sloppy thinking that makes you such a piss poor English teacher, Contrex. That Frank Apisa agrees with you only confirms that you two are completely out to lunch.

You know, Contrex, all you have to do, instead of embarrassing yourself, is check a dictionary.

Quote:
:
http://education.yahoo.com/reference/dictionary/entry/paranoid

paranoid

ADJECTIVE:

having or showing an unreasonable feeling that people are trying to harm you, do not like you, etc. : feeling or showing paranoia


Quote:

http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/paranoid?view=uk

unreasonably or obsessively anxious, suspicious, or mistrustful:
you think I’m paranoid but I tell you there is something going on



Quote:

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/paranoid

Exhibiting or characterized by extreme and irrational fear or distrust of others: a paranoid suspicion that the phone might be bugged.

3. : extremely fearful

0 Replies
 
JTT
 
  1  
Reply Sun 29 Sep, 2013 09:36 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Wow! That was pretty interesting, Con. And you are correct.


That would be a rare event indeed, Frank. Contrex is as, no, not as bad as you at analyzing language but he's bad enough.

Quote:
Lexicographer Noah Webster's wife walks in on him fondling the downstairs maid.

"I am surprised," she says with great indignation.

"No, my dear," responds Webster, "you are astonished. It is I who am surprised."


Who have you stolen this bit of nonsense from, Frank?
0 Replies
 
JTT
 
  0  
Reply Sun 29 Sep, 2013 09:42 am
@contrex,
Quote:
It may have been a relative of Webster who died after he fell in a lake and called out "I will drown and no-one shall save me!"


Or Fowler or any number of other idiotic prescriptivists, folks like you, C, who simply repeat silly nonsense like this.
0 Replies
 
Foofie
 
  1  
Reply Sun 29 Sep, 2013 01:55 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Still the same terrorists running things whichever way you look at it.


You are making the inference that the Stern gang is still operating in government positions today. Perhaps, you need to be more honest about your attitudes towards Israelis, since the Stern gang used terrorist modus operandi. If Israel has modern weaponry it is because it fought four wars against Arab armies that were bent on seeing how well the Israelis could swim across the Mediterranean. Now don't bother me. You are a poor substitute for posting to an American. I do not subscribe to any world citizenship. So, you are just a foreigner that speaks English and I am not so sure I am comfortable with Brits, based on their harping on this or that. I prefer foreigners with a hint of humility. Not that you don't have humility. But, I do not seem to see it. Perhaps, it's your prior posts to North Americans that makes it hard for me to discern your humility???
0 Replies
 
Foofie
 
  1  
Reply Sun 29 Sep, 2013 01:56 pm
@contrex,
contrex wrote:

Foofie wrote:
if I had been in a foxhole in Vietnam, I would have been very happy to have a soldier next to me that was flying the Confederate flag, since those Southerners can sure shoot well.


What a steaming pile of horse ****. From a master practitioner in the art.



What's your point from your foreign viewpoint?
0 Replies
 
Foofie
 
  1  
Reply Sun 29 Sep, 2013 01:59 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

So you've just confirmed that Israel is intrinsically hostile towards the UK. Why should we have anything to do with a country that glorifies the murder of our citizens?


You are talking about the Mandate period. I have no idea how Israel perceives the UK today. I can only talk for myself today, and I find Brits annoying. Of the Brits I've met, and the Germans I've met, in NYC, I prefer Germans. I think they are smarter. Just my opinion.
Foofie
 
  1  
Reply Sun 29 Sep, 2013 02:02 pm
@contrex,
contrex wrote:

I cannot help thinking that the thread is oddly titled: "Israel Has Reason To Be Paranoid" - paranoia is a mental illness characterised by delusions about imagined threats. If you have reason to be concerned about an actual violent threat, you are by definition not being "paranoid". If you do not have reason, then you are a potentially dangerous lunatic. It's the same kind of sloppy thinking that makes people say "schizoid" when they mean "undecided between two alternatives" or "manic" when they mean "excited", or "spastic" when they mean "clumsy".



You didn't major in psychology? Anyway, paranoia is defined as thinking that one is more important than one really is, so others are jealous, and out to get one. You gave the "popular notion" of paranoid.
Walter Hinteler
 
  2  
Reply Sun 29 Sep, 2013 02:09 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:
You didn't major in psychology? Anyway, paranoia is defined as thinking that one is more important than one really is, so others are jealous, and out to get one. You gave the "popular notion" of paranoid.
Mental illnesses are dealt with by mainlyy psychiatrists.
Paranoia is defined in the ICD 10 (F20-F29) as well as in the MeSH (F03.700.450) differently. (From the latter: "Chronic mental disorders in which there has been an insidious development of a permanent and unshakeable delusional system (persecutory delusions or delusions of jealousy), accompanied by preservation of clear and orderly thinking. Emotional responses and behavior are consistent with the delusional state.")
0 Replies
 
izzythepush
 
  1  
Reply Sun 29 Sep, 2013 02:24 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:
Of the Brits I've met, and the Germans I've met, in NYC, I prefer Germans. I think they are smarter. Just my opinion.


The really smart ones avoided you.
Foofie
 
  1  
Reply Sun 29 Sep, 2013 02:30 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Foofie wrote:
Of the Brits I've met, and the Germans I've met, in NYC, I prefer Germans. I think they are smarter. Just my opinion.


The really smart ones avoided you.


The really smart ones might have a burr.
izzythepush
 
  0  
Reply Sun 29 Sep, 2013 02:38 pm
@Foofie,
Why Aye.
0 Replies
 
Moment-in-Time
 
  1  
Reply Sun 29 Sep, 2013 02:48 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:

The really smart ones avoided you.


Hey, Izzy, looks like you've scored a bull's-eye!
 

Related Topics

Obama '08? - Discussion by sozobe
Let's get rid of the Electoral College - Discussion by Robert Gentel
McCain's VP: - Discussion by Cycloptichorn
McCain is blowing his election chances. - Discussion by McGentrix
Food Stamp Turkeys - Discussion by H2O MAN
The 2008 Democrat Convention - Discussion by Lash
Snowdon is a dummy - Discussion by cicerone imposter
GAFFNEY: Whose side is Obama on? - Discussion by gungasnake
 
Copyright © 2019 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 12/08/2019 at 05:18:01