Which Companies have dropped their insurance plans so far?

JPB

Tue 24 Sep, 2013 06:55 am
@Kolyo,
You're right.
Quote:
• ObamaCare reforms and expands Medicaid to an estimated 15 million of our nation's poorest. That's 6.1 million less than the last estimate due to States opting-out out of providing coverage, despite 100% federal funding for the first 3 years and 90% thereafter. ObamaCare Medicaid Expansion Source
0 Replies

Baldimo

Tue 24 Sep, 2013 07:11 am
@IRFRANK,
Nope Politicians aides. Anyone involved with the political side of the govt. Paper pushers for govt agencies are in the same boat as the rest of us. The rest of the elite have made sure they are unaffected by the ACA.
0 Replies

JPB

Tue 24 Sep, 2013 07:17 am
@Kolyo,
Kolyo wrote:

JPB wrote:

The states do, of course, which is why those states (primarily red states who don't like to pay for social services of any kind) have chosen not to join the program.

I heard the federal government was going to continue to pick up 90% of the tab.

Even so, the concept of expanding the rolls of Medicaid is anathema to many people, regardless of whether it's their federal tax dollars or their state tax dollars being used. The idea of single payer makes them apoplectic. I get it. I come from such a family upbringing. I don't agree with it, but I get it.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Tue 24 Sep, 2013 09:23 am
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

It isn't just about the companies that are dropping plans, there are also companies dropping spouses from plans and companies are cutting back on people's hours.

The stories about hours being cut back haven't been very well documented. Do you have any statistics on how common this is?

And as for dropping spouses, I've only seen stories where they are dropping spouses that are already covered under their own employer. Which makes sense.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Tue 24 Sep, 2013 09:33 am
@IRFRANK,
IRFRANK wrote:

If your friend could hire 12 more people and I assume make more money as a result, not doing it because of govt paperwork is a poor excuse. And, I doubt the 'paperwork' is that excessive. Bottom line, workers need health insurance.

I suspect that this little narrative of McGentrix's is more bluster than substance.
McGentrix

Wed 2 Oct, 2013 08:02 am
@DrewDad,
DrewDad wrote:

IRFRANK wrote:

If your friend could hire 12 more people and I assume make more money as a result, not doing it because of govt paperwork is a poor excuse. And, I doubt the 'paperwork' is that excessive. Bottom line, workers need health insurance.

I suspect that this little narrative of McGentrix's is more bluster than substance.

Why would you think that? Why do you think things like the Tea Party exist? Because people are sick of so much government in their lives. Do you have any idea how much paperwork is involved in having a business to just deal with govt regulations?

Why do you suppose that so many small businesses are opposed to Obamacare? They couldn't all be run by right winged conservatives could they? Normally I don't give a **** what you write, but this time you're just wrong.
Walter Hinteler

Wed 2 Oct, 2013 08:23 am
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:
Why do you suppose that so many small businesses are opposed to Obamacare?
How, do you think, and why can small and large businesses handle this (or similar) in other countries?
0 Replies

oralloy

Fri 18 Apr, 2014 05:38 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:
Which Companies have dropped their insurance plans so far?

I suspect the plan is to transition away from employer-based insurance and have most people buy their insurance from the exchanges.

Probably one of these times, the "employer mandate" is going to be canceled instead of postponed.
0 Replies

oralloy

Fri 18 Apr, 2014 05:38 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
Of course, if the right wing ever dropped its ideological blinders for a nanosecond and looked at the real world, they would find that every other first world country and most second world ones as well has some form of single-payer medical system.

Except for the UK, which has a system where the government owns the hospitals, and doctors and nurses receive a government salary.

Except for Germany, which has a system similar to the Obamacare exchanges, the main difference being all their insurance providers are not-for-profit.

And except for all the countries that copy the UK or German system instead of adopting a single-payer system.
0 Replies

oralloy

Fri 18 Apr, 2014 05:39 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
As time goes by and more and more of your core ages and dies, you're just gonna be more and more marginalized unless you realize what the program really is and get with it.

You wish.

As time goes by, young Democratic voters will age, and a portion of them will become conservative and start voting for Republicans.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Sun 20 Apr, 2014 12:44 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Because big business runs it as a for profit business.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Sun 20 Apr, 2014 01:08 am
orally says:

Quote:
As time goes by, young Democratic voters will age, and a portion of them will become conservative and start voting for Republicans.

Might once have happened. Not so much now. The young are aging and still realize that conservatives have no solutions that actually work.
MontereyJack

Sun 20 Apr, 2014 01:12 am
re oralloy:
Germany and the UK are commonly lumped under the single-payer rubric whtether you like it or not. The UK in fact is the paradigmatic example of a single payer system, as you should realize from your own description of it.
Walter Hinteler

Sun 20 Apr, 2014 01:48 am
@MontereyJack,
Actually, we have here in Germany a multi-payer system but de facto it's a single payer model due to the governmental cost-control clout.
oralloy

Sun 20 Apr, 2014 02:13 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
oralloy wrote:

Might once have happened. Not so much now. The young are aging and still realize that conservatives have no solutions that actually work.

No, when people age, many of them still become conservatives and start voting for Republicans.
0 Replies

oralloy

Sun 20 Apr, 2014 02:19 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
Germany and the UK are commonly lumped under the single-payer rubric whtether you like it or not.

Not commonly at all. Only the Left tries to pretend that everything in the world is a single payer system even when it isn't.

MontereyJack wrote:
The UK in fact is the paradigmatic example of a single payer system, as you should realize from your own description of it.

A single payer system is where the government pays all the bills out of taxpayer funds, as if the government were a giant insurance company.

In the UK system there are no bills (well, there are minor ones, but none of significance).
0 Replies

oralloy

Sun 20 Apr, 2014 02:24 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Actually, we have here in Germany a multi-payer system but de facto it's a single payer model due to the governmental cost-control clout.

If you were a de facto single payer model, all your medical bills would be paid by German taxpayers and you would not be choosing insurance from an exchange.
0 Replies

DarleneAyers

Tue 5 Jul, 2016 04:35 am
@Kolyo,
I agree with you Kolyo.
These are main reasons for dropping health insurance plans.
0 Replies