Military Revenge On Women and Children

emclean

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2004 07:04 pm
Quote:
Two words: come home.

Simple enough for you?

That did wonders in Mogadishu, it is always good to show the world that by killing Americans that they will go away. Kill some Rangers, Army goes away, kill 3,000+ Americans, and see what we can get.

Is it not well documented that kids can and do fire at US troops? You don't believe it in Iraq? How about in Somalia? Why is it so hard to believe that troops that have raped, and tortured would hide behind women and children?
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2004 07:04 pm
emclean wrote:

Is it not well documented that kids can and do fire at US troops? You don't believe it in Iraq? How about in Somalia? Why is it so hard to believe that troops that have raped, and tortured would hide behind women and children?

This isn't something I'd traditionally doubt, but safecracker telling outright lies here is also well documented so I take his many tall tales with a grain of salt.

To cite but a few examples, he claimed authorship of a host of recipies in a recipie contest we had but he'd simply copied and pasted them off of other websites not boithering to disguise the lie much at all.

Then there are the tall tales of him being good friends with celebrities and of technical exploits that are implausible and in some cases just laughable.
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2004 07:29 pm
The Enemey
http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/rdonlyres/C8D97D53-FE33-467A-A0E6-C6CB511BD5EE/33969/4.JPG
0 Replies

e7longrange

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2004 07:51 pm
Unless you took the picture yourself you don't know anything about it. Were you there, or do you just react to stories. I have been to places like that and it's not what they tell you on the news.
0 Replies

Tarantulas

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2004 07:52 pm
Quote:
Marines waged a six-hour battle around the Abdel-Aziz al-Samarrai mosque with militants holed up inside before a Cobra helicopter fired a Hellfire missile at the base of its minaret and an F-16 dropped a bomb on a wall surrounding the compound, said Marine Lt. Col. Brennan Byrne.

There is no report of civilian casualties, the military said, disputing earlier witness accounts that as many as 40 people died.
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2004 08:06 pm
WAR!!!!
Exclamation
0 Replies

emclean

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2004 08:40 pm
Craven de Kere, sorry i ain't safecracker, yes similar avatars, but not same person (just another paratrooper)

do you dibbeleve about Children solders, check out the UN, i beleve they have a lot of Information about it.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2004 08:44 pm
I never said I don't believe that there are children soldiers. I just take safecracker's personal tales with a grain of salt.
0 Replies

emclean

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2004 08:51 pm
then why did you quote me?
0 Replies

emclean

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2004 08:52 pm
Craven de Kere, sorry i ain't safecracker, yes similar avatars, but not same person (just another paratrooper)

do you dibbeleve about Children solders, check out the UN, i beleve they have a lot of Information about it.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2004 08:54 pm
emclean wrote:
then why did you quote me?

Because you referenced my expressed doubt at Safecracker's tale. I proceeded to explain why the doubt.
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2004 10:55 pm
WAR!!!
http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article6010.htm

Photos of what your American tax dollars went to.
0 Replies

Adrian

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2004 11:03 pm
Hmmm. I'm not sure if you should trust that mob pist'. I'm pretty sure I've seen one of those photos before. Will try and find it.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2004 11:24 pm
McGentrix wrote:
So he's targeting women and children in Iraq to bolster his numbers? Confused
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Those who refuse to acknowledge the difference between collateral damage and premeditated murder are perfect examples of what Pete was talking about.... At best. At worst... worse. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Tarantulas

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2004 11:39 pm
Jay leno's weather forecast.

"Sunni today, turing to Shiite tomorrow."
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2004 04:10 am
Seems like de ja vu all over again for me. Anyone here remember Vietnam up close and personal?
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2004 04:16 am
Some Intersting Facts About The War In Viet Nam
0 Replies

e7longrange

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2004 05:13 am
The action in Iraq is nothing like Vietnam, from a military perspective.
Most of the critisism I see here is from non-military people. How can people complain about something they have no knowledge of. Has anyone here asked the citizens of Iraq how they feel? Write a letter to a soldier and ask him what people over there think. Or just sit in our perfect world and assume you know whats going on. I was in Iraq 1 and those people want us there.
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2004 05:57 am
Huh?
Those people?

It is quite ironic that what started the recent uprising is the shutting down of "Free Speech" of an Iraqi newspaper. Bushco keeps spouting "Freedom" and "democracy" for Iraq then shows just the opposite. It seems that the Iraqis got the message.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2004 06:51 am
All the military folks that I know that were in country Vietnam are saying this is shaping up to be another Vietnam. Guess they know less than other Vietnam vets.

Gosh perhaps opinions differ even within the military. Let us not forget who the Department of Defense and the armed services work for the citizens/civilians of the US not themselves.

Some military folks circled the wagons and took the anti war sentiment of the 60s and the 70s as a personal affront instead of the right of the citizens they were supposed to be fighting to protect from communism others did not.

Could it be that being against the war in Iraq is the same as being against the war in Vietnam? Could it be that being against the war in Iraq is un-American?

We lost the war in Vietnam and so did the communists.

Actually I was thinking the other day how much this Iraq deal reminds me of Custer's defeat.

What if this is Saddam's strategy all along to win the war against the US all he had to do was let the people of Iraq decide to kick the US out?

Could it be that Saddam knew his people better than US politicians?
0 Replies