Since we're on the subject of Scotland...

Piffka

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2004 01:30 pm
Ruining the photo? I don't think so! You both look so cute and friendly... it is hard not to smile when you're near a piper, I think. Does Mrs.Walter's magazine say Chester? I like it. Good photographic documentation.

Thanks for sharing, Walter.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2004 01:39 pm
Piffka wrote:
You both look so cute and friendly...

Ever heard of a wolf in sheep's clothing?

Piffka wrote:
Does Mrs.Walter's magazine say Chester? I like it. Good photographic documentation.

It says 'Chester', indeed. But we didn't buy it for such documentary purpose. :wink:
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2004 02:48 pm
I like wolves... they are loyal, smart and handsome.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2004 02:15 am
Both talked about photos are now in the A2K gallery:

http://www.able2know.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10045/normal_McTag_s%20piper.jpg

http://www.able2know.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10045/normal_Chester%20piper%202004.jpg
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2004 08:49 am
Walter and McTag. Great pixes. My sister once told me that whenever we look at a face and feel that we've seen them somewhere before, it's called cognitive mapping.

Walter, your wife is delightful, and I do feel that I have known or seen someone just like her, "....but I can't remember where or when." Razz
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2004 09:21 am
Letty, she does look like a friend that we've known before, doesn't she?

There is nothing more beautiful than a smile on anyone's face. Glad to see them here. The a2k Gallery is a great resource.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Sat 17 Jul, 2004 04:04 am
Walter, it must have been a very good photographer who took that picture in Chester.
Either that, or a very good camera- er, Nikon was it?

The piper was a very cheery chappie who played impromptu for a wedding party which emerged from a nearby public house. And some non-traditional tunes too, including "Congratulations"!

I like a busker who can chat, and play requests.
Of course, it helped that he was Scottish.

McT
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 17 Jul, 2004 05:14 am
Since he had been (with the Services?) in Germany/Essen, who played a couple of German tunes especially for us.

Will, it's a Nikon, and the photographer was from North-West England/South-West Scotland.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sat 17 Jul, 2004 08:45 am
Hmmm, I think I get the picture... and the photographer.

I like this quote, McT -- "Of course, it helped that he was Scottish." Sounds like it could be a good signature line.
0 Replies