Do we really have to take military action to Syria?

peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Fri 4 Oct, 2013 10:03 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Ohh hehe this guy ?
http://www.newworldencyclopedia.org/entry/Pan_%28mythology%29
I Am just trying to point out there is no winners if the World Nations releases their weapons of mass destruction Smile
So requiring the weapons of mass destruction to be insured against any accidental damage. Well, that will make them very expensive for Nations to afford having them. So it would severely minimize the quantity of them or completely eliminate them from the World in a Peace full manner. Then Nations will be forced to find another way to settle their disputes.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 4 Oct, 2013 11:28 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
peter jeffrey cobb wrote:
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
Peter...I'm beginning to suspect your real surname is Pan.

I don't understand? Why Pan?

Note the name of the fictional character "Peter Pan".

I suspect he was criticizing you for making completely unrealistic proposals.

We will never allow anyone to impose any "cost" on us for our ownership of nukes.
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Sat 5 Oct, 2013 06:03 am
@oralloy,
Ooh. Do you plan to use weapons of mass destruction ?
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Sat 5 Oct, 2013 06:25 am
@oralloy,
How many weapons of mass destruction do you plan to use?
spendius

Reply Sat 5 Oct, 2013 06:28 am
@peter jeffrey cobb,
I would think all the lot if it was deemed necessary.
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Sat 5 Oct, 2013 06:40 am
@spendius,
So Using the whole lot, lets see just in the "Nuclear" weapons of mass destruction category that is about 26,000 warheads.
What would be gained from using the whole "lot" ?
What would be lost from using the whole "lot" ?
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 5 Oct, 2013 07:15 am
@peter jeffrey cobb,

So Using the whole lot, lets see just in the "Nuclear" weapons of mass destruction category that is about 26,000 warheads.
What would be gained from using the whole "lot" ?
What would be lost from using the whole "lot" ?

If they did use "the whole lot", Peter...wouldn't that really be what you want...NO NUCLEAR WEAPONS IN POSSESSION OF ANYONE?
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 5 Oct, 2013 07:52 am
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Ooh. Do you plan to use weapons of mass destruction ?

No. On an individual level, assault rifles are the best way to defend oneself.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Sat 5 Oct, 2013 08:16 am
@spendius,
Quote:

That would be the end of the world.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 5 Oct, 2013 08:32 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

Quote:

That would be the end of the world.

It MIGHT mean the end of humanity...which MIGHT not be all that bad a thing. I MIGHT mean the end of all living matter on planet Earth...which I doubt.

But it most assuredly would not mean the end of the world.
0 Replies

peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Sat 5 Oct, 2013 09:25 am
Is there a plan in place were one nuclear weapon of mass destruction is fired and then just one is fired back and that would be the end of them being used? Or is the current plan to fire them off till they are all used?
If the plan is to fire off till they are all used, should all the Nations in the World have a say on how many are allowed to exist, since all the Nations will be affected by it? Wouldn't requiring weapons of mass destruction to be insured against any accidental damage it may cause, be the simplest way to reduce the 25,000 + weapons of mass destruction that currently exists?
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 5 Oct, 2013 09:28 am
@peter jeffrey cobb,

Is there a plan in place were one nuclear weapon of mass destruction is fired and then just one is fired back and that would be the end of them being used? Or is the current plan to fire them off till they are all used?
If the plan is to fire off till they are all used, should all the Nations in the World have a say on how many are allowed to exist, since all the Nations will be affected by it? Wouldn't requiring weapons of mass destruction to be insured against any accidental damage it may cause, be the simplest way to reduce the 25,000 + weapons of mass destruction that currently exists?

It'd be easier to get all the nuclear powers to have a war...and use all their weapons up on each other...

...than to implement any of the plans you have proposed so far.

What is your point?
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Sat 5 Oct, 2013 09:51 am
@Frank Apisa,
I understand that is the current plan on how to get rid of them Smile
After they got rid of them using your method... what plan would you propose then to keep it from happening again?
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 5 Oct, 2013 09:57 am
@peter jeffrey cobb,

I understand that is the current plan on how to get rid of them Smile
After they got rid of them using your method... what plan would you propose then to keep it from happening again?

I suspect that if we used that method...the problem of it "happening again" would no longer be a problem.
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Sat 5 Oct, 2013 10:07 am
@Frank Apisa,
Well I suppose then my point is that we don't get a second chance to save your all your friends, family, your own life, everything you posses. In order to do that for you... a plan would have to go into action now, so we can look after your wellbeing Smile
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 5 Oct, 2013 03:22 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,

Well I suppose then my point is that we don't get a second chance to save your all your friends, family, your own life, everything you posses. In order to do that for you... a plan would have to go into action now, so we can look after your wellbeing Smile

If I...and all my friends, family and possessions are all destroyed...

...SO WHAT?

spendius

Reply Sat 5 Oct, 2013 03:28 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Well-it's not very nice and not something one might contemplate with equanimity. At the very least.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 5 Oct, 2013 03:31 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

Well-it's not very nice and not something one might contemplate with equanimity. At the very least.

If the entire planet were destroyed...

...so what?

Contemplate that whatever way you want to, but in the grand scheme of things...it may mean almost nothing.

Planets and suns are destroyed all the time.
Uncle jeff

Reply Sat 5 Oct, 2013 03:41 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Are you felling suicidal frank? Is there any suicide hotlines you could call? Do you have a family member you could talk to?
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 5 Oct, 2013 04:44 pm
@Uncle jeff,
Uncle jeff wrote:

Are you felling suicidal frank? Is there any suicide hotlines you could call? Do you have a family member you could talk to?

No, I am not suicidal at all. I am very content with my life...and happy.

But if we humans finally kill ourselves off...we probably deserve. We'd probably be doing the rest of the galaxy a favor by getting rid of what is looking more and more like a virus every day.