Do we really have to take military action to Syria?

spendius

Reply Sun 20 Oct, 2013 03:28 pm
@glitterbag,
Well gb--I don't think JTT is unnecessarily stupid. In fact I don't think she is stupid at all. Just a bit determined maybe.
0 Replies

peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Sun 20 Oct, 2013 03:48 pm
@Uncle jeff,
It would be kind off interesting to see people argue against that bill if it is proposed. I wonder what they would say "We cant accept that law because we find a certain kind of gratification and pleasure in killing other humans!!"
Hehe how many arguments could one possible come up with. "If that law passes than We would have too much money left from our military budgets and it would be too hard to find ways to spend the money!!!" I kind of like your idea jeff Smile
mysteryman

Reply Sun 20 Oct, 2013 03:59 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
How would you enforce that law?
What international police force would enforce the law?
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 20 Oct, 2013 04:01 pm
@mysteryman,
Right.

It is like the question: "So who is gonna put the bell on the cat?"
0 Replies

Uncle jeff

Reply Sun 20 Oct, 2013 04:06 pm
@mysteryman,
Good question. I suppose there would be a lot of surplus money left from military budgets to use......how would you propose would be a good way to enforce such a law?
mysteryman

Reply Sun 20 Oct, 2013 04:08 pm
@Uncle jeff,
There would be no way to enforce such a law.
It would look good on paper,but it would be an empty gesture.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 20 Oct, 2013 04:08 pm
@Uncle jeff,
Yeah! and while we're at it let's pass international laws that prohibit anyone from not being nice to someone else, and littering.
0 Replies

peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Sun 20 Oct, 2013 04:09 pm
@mysteryman,
Hmmm I don't know it would have to be a way that would be fair for all Nations so it would be accepted. I'm with jeff on this one do you have any ideas?
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 20 Oct, 2013 04:10 pm
@glitterbag,
For someone ignoring JTT you have a lot to say about his posts.

He is many things, but stupid is not one of them.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 20 Oct, 2013 04:11 pm
@mysteryman,
mysteryman wrote:

How would you enforce that law?
What international police force would enforce the law?

Ruthless automatons who are given a license to kill.
0 Replies

Uncle jeff

Reply Sun 20 Oct, 2013 04:25 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
It would also have to be in an individual basis. I mean if a person that commits the crime, is a fan of certain football team....well you cant just go and punish every fan for the crime of the one person.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sun 20 Oct, 2013 04:57 pm
@Uncle jeff,
Quote:
.how would you propose would be a good way to enforce such a law?

I assume you would have to prepare the public for it for a few years first by banning all depictions of people harming other people or seeking to defeat them in contests of strength.

Acted gladiatorial contests might be worse than the real thing because they are less likely to disgust.

0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sun 20 Oct, 2013 09:05 pm
@glitterbag,
Glitterbag, you should at least be honest. You've chosen to seek the safety of ignore because you almost got yourself into a heart attack over your silly notions on the English language. And all because you simply could not accept the truth.

You can't provide any reasonable defense for them and you can't provide any reasonable defense for the centuries long war crimes and terrorism of the US.

Quote:
I'm curious what he thinks about the rape of Nanking,

Curiosity can't get thru the walls of your smelly little ignore hole. If you weren't such a coward you would likely already have read my comments on the Rape of Nanking.

Here it is in short form. It was a series of war crimes and incredible terrorist acts against the people of China. But it was no different from the Rape of the Philippines by the US or the Rape of Cuba, the Rape of China, yes, the US conspired with a number of countries, including Japan, so that it could fully participate in the rape and pillage of China.

The US didn't give a **** what other countries did to their possessions. It only "cared" when it got locked out of its "fair share".

But why do we hear so much about the Rape of Nanking when there are scores of similar Rapes of [fill in numerous countries' names] by the US?
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sun 20 Oct, 2013 09:08 pm
@mysteryman,
Go ahead, MM.
Independent

Reply Fri 25 Oct, 2013 09:18 pm
@ossobuco,
What we have to do is get some independent reporting. Like this.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1683562717/camera-and-a-camel-syria?ref=live
0 Replies

Independent

Reply Fri 25 Oct, 2013 09:19 pm
What we have to do is get some independent reporting. Like this

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1683562717/camera-and-a-camel-syria?ref=live
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Fri 25 Oct, 2013 09:31 pm
@JTT,
I wonder where Mysteryman has gotten to.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 26 Dec, 2013 01:08 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
To revive this thread ...

Still quite a few warships "looking" at Syria (that's actually mainly done by the "Oker")

http://i1334.photobucket.com/albums/w641/Walter_Hinteler/b_zps3c8d3244.jpg
izzythepush

Reply Thu 26 Dec, 2013 02:04 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
So we're all Communists now are we, facing down the White Russians?
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 26 Dec, 2013 02:22 pm
@izzythepush,
Trotsky was an important man during that period - even more popular than Staln, but was eventually removed from all government offices, and Stalins hunger for power won.

He ended up in Mexico City where he befriended Kahlo and Rivera. My friend, Francisco (editor of the English newspaper in Mexico), gave me a tour of the University of Mexico where he taught for ten years, and where Trostky and Kahlo/Rivera used to live this year.