Do we really have to take military action to Syria?

spendius

Reply Sat 5 Oct, 2013 04:59 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Planets and suns are destroyed all the time.

Your family and friends are not planets and suns. And it is the manner of the destruction that might concern them and not the destruction itself. Other than that it would mean nothing and not MAY ALMOST mean nothing.

You always have the equivocation. Infinity is a concept you play word games with.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 5 Oct, 2013 05:02 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
I am very content with my life...and happy.

Which is always a conversational gambit which sets you off as an exceptional person.

Are you trying to convince yourself?
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 5 Oct, 2013 05:13 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

We'd probably be doing the rest of the galaxy a favor by getting rid of what is looking more and more like a virus every day.

Such cynicism Frank, and not particulary enlightened in terms of science.

First of all how does the human race pose a threat to the "rest of the galaxy?"

We can't at all be sure there is life anywhere else in the Universe let alone our galaxy, and so what's the threat? That we'll go around destroying hunks of rock or globes of gas?

And let's say life abounds in our galaxy, do you have any idea of the physical obstacles to our coming "face to face" with it?

And if and when we do, the chances are pretty good that that old bogeyman Ted Cruz and his "tea-bagging" minions will have been long gone. Barack Obama XXII will probably be ruling the world and little green aliens certainly have nothing to fear from such an enlightened human.

Maybe they're too small for me to tell, but I don't think viruses have built anything like the Taj Mahal, wrote music like Beethoven's 9th, or even made magnificent cave drawings of aurochs and cave lions.

Don't despair Frank, the way things are going, America won't be an evil influence on mankind for much longer.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 5 Oct, 2013 05:35 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

Quote:
I am very content with my life...and happy.

Which is always a conversational gambit which sets you off as an exceptional person.

Are you trying to convince yourself?

Thank you for your many kind thoughts, Spendius.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 5 Oct, 2013 05:39 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

We'd probably be doing the rest of the galaxy a favor by getting rid of what is looking more and more like a virus every day.

Such cynicism Frank, and not particulary enlightened in terms of science.

First of all how does the human race pose a threat to the "rest of the galaxy?"

We can't at all be sure there is life anywhere else in the Universe let alone our galaxy, and so what's the threat? That we'll go around destroying hunks of rock or globes of gas?

And let's say life abounds in our galaxy, do you have any idea of the physical obstacles to our coming "face to face" with it?

And if and when we do, the chances are pretty good that that old bogeyman Ted Cruz and his "tea-bagging" minions will have been long gone. Barack Obama XXII will probably be ruling the world and little green aliens certainly have nothing to fear from such an enlightened human.

Maybe they're too small for me to tell, but I don't think viruses have built anything like the Taj Mahal, wrote music like Beethoven's 9th, or even made magnificent cave drawings of aurochs and cave lions.

Don't despair Frank, the way things are going, America won't be an evil influence on mankind for much longer.

I seldom "despair", Finn.

What will be...will be.

If we are not mature enough as a species to prevent ourselves from destroying ourselves...we will destroy ourselves.

That is all I am saying.

And I am not talking about America being an evil influence on mankind...I am talking about humans appearing to be a rather dangerous influence on humankind.

0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sat 5 Oct, 2013 08:50 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:

We can always hope, Finn, but the US is likely to keep on killing people, terrorizing people, stealing from people. How come you so willingly approve of that? You don't support mobsters doing the same thing.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 6 Oct, 2013 06:10 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Hasn't calmed down on the sea ...

http://i1334.photobucket.com/albums/w641/Walter_Hinteler/a_zpsdbc7edc2.jpg
izzythepush

Reply Sun 6 Oct, 2013 06:15 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Things are moving on a pace.

Quote:
Disarmament experts from the international chemical weapons watchdog have begun destroying Syria's arsenal, a monitoring official has said.

The operation is being carried out by a team from the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-24419468
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Sun 6 Oct, 2013 01:30 pm
@izzythepush,
Hats off to the Nation for destroying its weapons of mass destruction. A shining example for all Nations to follow Smile
mysteryman

Reply Sun 6 Oct, 2013 02:29 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
All they are destroying is their chemical weapons.
Do they have biological weapons?

If they arent destroying those, then they arent destroying their WMD's.

Even if every country on earth were to destroy all of their WMD's, how would you prevent rogue groups and terrorists from obtaining and using them?
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Sun 6 Oct, 2013 02:47 pm
@mysteryman,
Well for starters it would be harder to obtain if they were destroyed Smile
spendius

Reply Sun 6 Oct, 2013 02:49 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Think of the jobs Walt.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sun 6 Oct, 2013 04:13 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
How do you figure?
Ricin can be made in your kitchen, if you have some simple knowledge.
You can go on line and get the plans to build a nuclear bomb.

Making simple crude WMD's is not that difficult.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 6 Oct, 2013 04:17 pm
@mysteryman,
Make the penalty too high to even consider it.
0 Replies

peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Sun 6 Oct, 2013 04:45 pm
@mysteryman,
Good point having and making weapons of mass destruction should be against the law I agree.
spendius

Reply Sun 6 Oct, 2013 05:09 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
I presume you are not a member of that section of the population which risks being conscripted.
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Sun 6 Oct, 2013 05:45 pm
@spendius,
No the Nation I live in they mostly don't force their citizens into government jobs.
RABEL222

Reply Sun 6 Oct, 2013 05:55 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Mostly?
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Sun 6 Oct, 2013 06:03 pm
@RABEL222,
Yes mostly, If you count the past Smile
RABEL222

Reply Sun 6 Oct, 2013 06:28 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
You must live on some south pacific island.