Do we really have to take military action to Syria?

JTT

Reply Tue 1 Oct, 2013 07:20 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
It can't hurt to surface an idea like yours but it's really nothing more than a pipe dream.

The Nuremberg Trials were a pipe dream, an exercise in futility, a charade, Finn?
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Tue 1 Oct, 2013 07:34 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Or what ever way the World Nations decide would be the best way to handle the funds. Just so it will be there in case of an accident. They may have to use some of it immediately following an accident. For example X Nation sees a weapon coming towards them, They assume it came from B Nation and releases it weapons of mass destruction against them. A few hours later they found out they were wrong. The Worlds Nations must come in with relief for the victim, they need funds right away. They should have that insurance policy to provide the funds. Were else are they going to get the funds?
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Tue 1 Oct, 2013 07:53 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
The point is that if a Nation has to put aside a vast amount of its income just to have a weapon of mass destruction. It will likely chose alternative ways of dealing with its problems. When a Nation choses to longer want to use a weapon of mass destruction as a way of accomplishing its goals and destroys the weapon of mass destruction, than the fund should be returned to the Nation.
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Tue 1 Oct, 2013 10:20 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Ok maybe we need to start fresh to ease tensions. Lets run all the way thru the current plan of getting rid of the Worlds weapons of mass destruction. A group is able to fire a weapon of mass destruction from a Nation into another, That Nation responds by sending its weapons of mass destruction to it, the friends of that Nation releases its weapons of mass destruction in retaliation, and this goes on till weapons of mass destruction are gone. Ok now we can start fresh Smile What do you do now to prevent it from happening again?
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Wed 2 Oct, 2013 08:10 am
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Hehe did anybody catch that joke? "What do you do now to prevent it from happening again?" Smile After all the weapons of mass destruction are released?
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Wed 2 Oct, 2013 08:40 am
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Ok what are some proposals out there on where the liability insurance money for each weapon of mass destruction should be stored?
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 2 Oct, 2013 08:53 am
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Quote:
What do you do now to prevent it from happening again?

You don't do anything. Destiny does it.
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Wed 2 Oct, 2013 09:07 am
@spendius,
I did not understand the joke? You blow yourself up and the entire Worlds population and then call it destiny?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 2 Oct, 2013 09:52 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

Still - or already - quite a larger naval deployment ...

http://i1334.photobucket.com/albums/w641/Walter_Hinteler/a_zpsb592a192.jpg

An update of Mediterranean military naval situation as of 01.10.2013

http://i1334.photobucket.com/albums/w641/Walter_Hinteler/a_zpsf85dd19d.jpg
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Wed 2 Oct, 2013 11:04 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Is there any possibility for a group to cause that scenario to turn into this one
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_war
?
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Wed 2 Oct, 2013 03:35 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Well not even a group, any scenario at all? Even an if its a single person? Lets say an extreme case, like a 18 year old kid is on board of one the destroyers, and he gets pictures from back home that his girlfriend is having a baby from another guy, the guy that is the new father, his family comes from so and so Nation. He finds out there is a ship of people from that Nation and the ship is firing distance from him. He loses all common sense, in a rage of fury, finds a way to fire one of his destroyers weapons at the ship, As the Captain from the victim ship looks as his companions getting blown up he too go emotional and starts firing back. Soon a Nation pulls out its written plan, and weapons of mass destruction start being released by both Nations and all their friends.
Is there any remote possibility at all that anything could happen and as a result, weapons of mass destruction will be accidently or otherwise be used? Even if its because of the actions of a single or group of individuals? If the answer is yes than is there any argument on why weapons of mass destructions should not be insured in the event of an accident? Should Nations that poses weapon of mass destruction not have any liability insurance for them? A vehicle has to have insurance in case of an accident does it not? What do you do in case of an accident? Say oops?
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Wed 2 Oct, 2013 04:21 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Hey I got another funny statement.
"I am 99.999% sure that it is impossible for it to happen" Smile
0 Replies

peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Wed 2 Oct, 2013 05:04 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Yea were not talking about World Peace here, hehe Smile That would requires us visiting each others homes and accepting each others differences. Smile
Were are just talking about insuring weapons of mass destruction so they become too expensive to carry. That way people would be forced to find a different way to achieve their points of view. I mean don't you think its a bit silly to blow up yourself and the rest of the World along with you, just so you can prove your point of view?
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 2 Oct, 2013 06:44 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
And if they refuse to fund the UN account? What then?
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 2 Oct, 2013 06:49 pm
@JTT,
Are you seriously comparing peter's fanciful notion with the Nuremberg Trials? Whatever anyone thinks about the trials they didn't face any serious roadblocks considering that the most powerful nation in the world wanted them to happen. Unlike with peter's scheme, the bad guys didn't have the opportunity to say "We're not going to participate. "
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Wed 2 Oct, 2013 07:05 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
There is no possibility of your scenario happening.
It takes more than one person to launch weapons from a navy destroyer, or any other ship for that matter.
It takes the captain, the weapons officer, the gunnery crews, the armory, and several others.
One person, on their own, cannot do it.
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Wed 2 Oct, 2013 07:17 pm
@mysteryman,
So a rogue group would be impossible for them to be accomplished this,
I mean an individual.
Whew good thank you Smile that makes me feel better Smile
Its it impossible also to have a situation were weapons of mass destruction is used?
0 Replies

peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Wed 2 Oct, 2013 07:24 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
You mean if we have a rogue Nation?
Well I suppose the World community should respond in kind and not trade with them, and call back any loans they may have, not fund any of its projects.
The money has to be put up front so a Nation cant say "eeeh I don't feel like paying for damages I caused after I committed them"
I mean what Nation would ever do that?
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 4 Oct, 2013 08:34 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Peter...I'm beginning to suspect your real surname is Pan.
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Fri 4 Oct, 2013 09:06 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I don't understand? Why Pan?