NJ Governor to Sign Ban on Gay Conversion Therapy? Should Gay Conversion Therapy Be Banned Nationwid

Reply Tue 20 Aug, 2013 08:53 pm
NJ Governor to Sign Ban on Gay Conversion Therapy? Should Gay Conversion Therapy Be Banned Nationwide?

This imbecile attempts to ban licensed therapists from attempting to turn gay teenagers straight?

http://news.yahoo.com/nj-governor-sign-ban-gay-conversion-therapy-104716697.html

People are born with sexual defects. People are born with Mental defects. People are born with physical defects

If we can help people overcome their mental defects and physical defects, then there quite obviously is no reason good enough that we can't help them overcome sexual defects as well no matter how much homosexual activists attempt to drag everyone else down to their level with all of their lies and deceptions!

And before some of you homosexual activists think to even go there:

If it were up to homosexuals to sustain the population we would have died off thousands of years ago for being a race of sexually defective imbeciles!

http://www.sodahead.com/united-states/nj-governor-to-sign-ban-on-gay-conversion-therapy-should-gay-conversion-therapy-be-banned-nationwid/question-3878507/?page=1&postId=114447995#post_114447995

love

David Jeffrey Spetch
Ps. Be good, be strong!

neologist

Reply Tue 20 Aug, 2013 10:41 pm
@David Jeffrey Spetch,
I have a number of thoughts on this issue and I'm trying to organize them coherently:

The therapy has limited success.

The idea that homosexuality is a healthy lifestyle is a myth perpetrated by a deluded American Psychological Association when they revised the DSM back in the '70s. That so many are resistant to gay conversion therapy does not mean it is normal to be 'born that way'. At best, it is a Hobson's Choice.

Sexual identity confusion is common among young people and it is a mistake to encourage one to define himself or herself until he or she reaches the age of majority. It is not unlike encouraging experimentation with alcohol or drugs.

But we have, in some ways, backed ourselves into a corner by our toleration or encouragement of sexual activity outside of marriage. We are reaping what we have sown. If not teen pregnancy, then the many heartbreaking tales of those have trapped themselves before having the maturity to deal with their issues.

Dare I suggest a return to the standards of the Bible? I have done so to a cacophony of rebuke many times on a2k. So long as it works for my family, I will be content with that.
Foofie

Reply Wed 21 Aug, 2013 07:35 am
@David Jeffrey Spetch,
If one looks at sexuality as a continuum, then on one end is homosexuality, and at the other end is heterosexuality. Somewhere in the middle might be the zone of bi-sexuality. So, in my opinion, any attempt to convert a homosexual to heterosexuality has to first pass the zone of bi-sexuality. If that is correct, then many attempts at conversion therapy could leave a prior homosexual inadvertently in the zone of bi-sexuality. Not good for women, that would think their man is pure hetero. So, banning the conversion therapy is possibly for the safety of women. It could have nothing to do with any unwillingness to make homosexuals into heterosexuals. We do not know what the professionals know; we just know the emotionally charged news headlines.

And, since there is no one protocol for conversion thereapy, I believe, many homosexuals would be literal lab rats, in the attempt to prove a specific protocol. Let's not tinker with humans.
dlowan

Reply Wed 21 Aug, 2013 09:46 am
@David Jeffrey Spetch,
I can't believe that any accredited therapists were actually doing such totally discredited work in NJ or anywhere else. To my knowledge all professional associations banned such practices years ago.

neologist

Reply Wed 21 Aug, 2013 10:53 am
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:
I can't believe that any accredited therapists were actually doing such totally discredited work in NJ or anywhere else. To my knowledge all professional associations banned such practices years ago.
A lot of nominal christian groups sponsor these 'conversions'. They suffer from a lack of understanding not only of human psychology, but also the Bible they claim to espouse.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Wed 21 Aug, 2013 11:02 am
@neologist,
Quote:
Dare I suggest a return to the standards of the Bible?

Which standards are those: rape, multiple sex partners in polygamous marriages, keeping virgins for yourself after killing all their relatives?
parados

Reply Wed 21 Aug, 2013 11:05 am
@David Jeffrey Spetch,
I think you failed your Ps.

Quote:

If it were up to homosexuals to sustain the population we would have died off thousands of years ago for being a race of sexually defective imbeciles!

And if it were up to rapists we would have no worries about too few children.
contrex

Reply Wed 21 Aug, 2013 11:28 am
I know how I'd deal with all those liberal faggots who are polluting our world. If I got hold of one, I'd force him face down to the floor and show his ass what a real man feels like.
Foofie

Reply Wed 21 Aug, 2013 12:50 pm
@contrex,
contrex wrote:

I know how I'd deal with all those liberal faggots who are polluting our world. If I got hold of one, I'd force him face down to the floor and show his ass what a real man feels like.

I thought that in all the King Arthur movies, "faggots" were on the castle walls, keeping the castle lit at night?

Does your post above imply that you could offer a therapy that would be an antidote to any gay conversion therapy? Would your "antidote therapy" be banned where conservative states might want gays to become heterosexuals?

It's good to know that there are altruistic "real men," willing to offer their services to allow gays to maintain their preferred orientation. Who knew there were such altruistic "real men."
contrex

Reply Wed 21 Aug, 2013 01:01 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:
It's good to know that there are altruistic "real men," willing to offer their services to allow gays to maintain their preferred orientation. Who knew there were such altruistic "real men."

You Yanks really don't "do" sarcasm, do you?
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 21 Aug, 2013 02:31 pm
@parados,
So you disagree.
David Jeffrey Spetch

Reply Wed 21 Aug, 2013 03:12 pm
@neologist,
There is also limited success with helping those born with mental defects and limited success helping those with physical defects but indeed there is success.

If a child is already proclaiming that they think they are gay and they are sent to conversion therapy, how is that like encouraging experimentation with alcohol or drugs? That is like if you find out your child is drinking and you send them to therapy to get them off the alcohol or if you find out your child is on drugs and you send them to therapy to get them off of drugs.

you say "But we have, in some ways, backed ourselves into a corner by our toleration or encouragement of sexual activity outside of marriage."

That is quite the weak stretch. People have always had sex long before religion came along and plagued the globe with it's disease leading to the death of millions if not billions for thousands of years and to the misery of countless others over pathetic factually proven foundations of religious lies.

But as far as you're concerned who cares that you value lies more than you value life as long as you and your family get to live in a bubble.

/ David

neologist

Reply Wed 21 Aug, 2013 03:28 pm
@David Jeffrey Spetch,
You make good points. My own take on the matter is we would do well to help teenagers to understand that while sexual identity confusion is normal, it in no way defines who they will become.
David Jeffrey Spetch

Reply Wed 21 Aug, 2013 03:30 pm
@Foofie,
Glad that you at least had the decency to state what you shared as your opinion.

Sexuality as a continuum, you left out the other sexually defective orientations such as bestiality (I prefer to write it beastiality because it looks more like it sounds) which describes the sexual orientation of a person who has sex with animals, incest which describes the sexual orientation of a person who has sex with biological family, and pedophilia which describes the sexual orientation of an adult who has sex with children.

Then you claim that it is not good for women, well you certainly leave out that it's not good for young men to be plugging each others bung holes either. One tear in the rectum is likely to lead to bacteria in the blood and is likely to lead to death.

The so called professionals pale in comparison to what I know of these subjects.

Are you aware that homosexuals are for now getting away with using heterosexuals as lab rats? Some homosexuals get their genital mutilated to pretend to be something they never will be which leads to the discrimination of heterosexuals for our sexual orientation through these sick homosexual deceptions.

What makes a heterosexual a heterosexual is not that we have sex with homosexuals (those born with the same sex genital we ourselves were born with) whether they got their genital surgically mutilated or not. What makes a heterosexual a heterosexual is that we have sex with those born with the opposite sex genital that we ourselves were born with.

Try telling that to homosexual activists, being the liars and deceivers homosexual activists prove to be, they then attempt to dictate to you what it takes to be heterosexual and according to them it means that if you don't have sex with a homosexual / are not willing to be discriminated against for your sexual orientation then they label you as a homophobe, a bigot, a hater etc.

Homosexual activist days of crying wolf are numbered and quite factually there is no such thing as a homophobe because a natural repulsion is not an irrational fear.

And these so called professional are quite oblivious to fact which is why I have to step up for the well being of the future of the life on this planet.

/ David
0 Replies

David Jeffrey Spetch

Reply Wed 21 Aug, 2013 03:38 pm
@neologist,
Normal among one percent of the population approximately is not normal among the global population at all, but the bias media would have you think that it is everyone in school to promote a filthy bias homosexual agenda of which their every issue is based upon lies and deceptions.

Thanks for the props on what I share and glad you took my last response with a grain of salt, I do mean well to get through to you / everyone. I'm not here to steer anyone wrong.

/ David

0 Replies

David Jeffrey Spetch

Reply Wed 21 Aug, 2013 03:41 pm
@parados,
You claim I failed at what? Meanwhile you avoid the foundation of this issue and desperately scramble to attempt t make rape the issue! So what makes you think you can be taken serious?

At least you said "I think"

/ David
David Jeffrey Spetch

Reply Wed 21 Aug, 2013 03:43 pm
@dlowan,

What do you mean discredited?

/ David
0 Replies

parados

Reply Thu 22 Aug, 2013 07:05 am
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

So you disagree.

I was just curious which sexual practices in the bible you want to return to.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Thu 22 Aug, 2013 07:10 am
@David Jeffrey Spetch,
David Jeffrey Spetch wrote:

You claim I failed at what? Meanwhile you avoid the foundation of this issue and desperately scramble to attempt t make rape the issue! So what makes you think you can be taken serious?

At least you said "I think"

/ David

I am merely satirizing your position. I certainly didn't expect you to understand that based on the ignorance of your position.

Your position is similar to advocating rape as a way to populate the earth. It ignores reality and assumes that a personal opinion should trump reality.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Thu 22 Aug, 2013 07:15 am
@David Jeffrey Spetch,
Quote:

If a child is already proclaiming that they think they are gay and they are sent to conversion therapy, how is that like encouraging experimentation with alcohol or drugs? That is like if you find out your child is drinking and you send them to therapy to get them off the alcohol or if you find out your child is on drugs and you send them to therapy to get them off of drugs.

Somehow I don't think you know anyone who is gay or anyone that has ever had a substance abuse problem.

Quote:
There is also limited success with helping those born with mental defects and limited success helping those with physical defects but indeed there is success.

I also don't think you know too many people with mental or physical defects.

A wheel chair for a paraplegic is not the same thing as conversion therapy. How anyone could think it is is beyond me.
0 Replies