What would you assume about a girl who ONLY dates Christian men

Savings

Reply Mon 19 Aug, 2013 07:01 pm
opinions

Ragman

Reply Mon 19 Aug, 2013 07:13 pm
@Savings,
I'd know nothing more than she might have a narrower focus than you might.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 19 Aug, 2013 07:18 pm
@Savings,
I don't think girls should date men.

Girls should date boys or girls.

Women should date men or women.

My assumptions about a woman who considers herself a girl are more damning than my assumptions about a woman who restricts who she dates by religion.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Mon 19 Aug, 2013 07:36 pm
@Savings,
Savings wrote:

That she's heterosexual, and that she probably (1) doesn't get around much, or (2) is at least a little bigoted.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 19 Aug, 2013 07:41 pm
@Savings,
That religion controls her life.
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Mon 19 Aug, 2013 08:02 pm
@Savings,
I wouldn't assume anything whatever without knowing more about her. (And I totally agree with ehBeth-- "girls" shouldn't date "men.")
boomerang

Reply Mon 19 Aug, 2013 08:13 pm
@Savings,
I would assume that she thinks all Christians share the same values.

I think she'd be wrong but I've known people who date "only" within more arbitrary frameworks.
hingehead

Reply Mon 19 Aug, 2013 11:47 pm
@Savings,
If she's a christian, I'd assume she has some pragmatism. Applying that filter she probably thinks she is making her life easier and preventing future conflict/angst.

If she's not christian then maybe there's a set of behaviours she wants 'datees' to exhibit that some people would assume apply to christian men. You'd have to ask her what those were - because there are heaps of easy to make generalisations about what they might be, from pre-marital chastity to homophobia.

Maybe she just wants to make sure she'll have Sunday mornings free.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 20 Aug, 2013 02:01 am
I'd assume that christianity is important to her. I wouldn't assume anything else, and i wouldn't speculate. If i had sufficient interest, i'd ask her.
chai2

Reply Tue 20 Aug, 2013 02:56 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

I'd assume that christianity is important to her. I wouldn't assume anything else, and i wouldn't speculate. If i had sufficient interest, i'd ask her.

ding ding ding!

and we have a winner.
0 Replies

Twitchy

Reply Tue 20 Aug, 2013 06:46 am
@Savings,
First off I would consider the passage : "Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? And what concord hath Christ with Belial? Or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? For ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, says the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive, and will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty" (II Cor. 6:14-18).

The bible firmly tells Christians that they should not commune with non-believers.

This issue was even a concern in the Old Testament. When God was leading the Israelites into the Promised Land, He gave them strong commands about how they should deal with the pagan nations. Deuteronomy 7:3-6 says:

Do not intermarry with them. Do not give your daughters to their sons or take their daughters for your sons, for they will turn your sons away from following me to serve other gods, and the LORD's anger will burn against you and will quickly destroy you. This is what you are to do to them: Break down their altars, smash their sacred stones, cut down their Asherah poles and burn their idols in the fire. For you are a people holy to the LORD your God. The LORD your God has chosen you out of all the peoples on the face of the earth to be his people, his treasured possession.

So what do I think of a person who will only date Christians? I would think that the person is Christian, and they actually follow the Bible.
Ragman

Reply Tue 20 Aug, 2013 06:47 am
@Twitchy,
Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Tanyawill35

Reply Tue 20 Aug, 2013 07:55 am
@Savings,
The she merely wants to date within her own community? Not that uncommon...
PUNKEY

Reply Tue 20 Aug, 2013 08:19 am
@Tanyawill35,
Agree. I'd never date a smoker. I'd consider that the same.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Tue 20 Aug, 2013 08:33 am
@Savings,
A Christians-only policy would probably save the girl from dating libtards....
maxdancona

Reply Tue 20 Aug, 2013 08:40 am
@gungasnake,
Gunga,

To you Jesus Christ as a libtard.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Tue 20 Aug, 2013 09:15 am
@Setanta,
You're a better man than I am, Setanta.
JTT

Reply Tue 20 Aug, 2013 11:18 am
@Twitchy,
Quote:

That she was only good for a quick yoke or two.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Tue 20 Aug, 2013 12:23 pm
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:

You're a better man than I am, Setanta.

I think the "crux" of the matter w/ you and Set is that you want to see if "he has risen" to the occasion. That's ok, you're forgiven.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Tue 20 Aug, 2013 12:47 pm
@boomerang,
boomerang wrote:

I would assume that she thinks all Christians share the same values.

I think she'd be wrong but I've known people who date "only" within more arbitrary frameworks.

Yes, that's why we have the Chirstians online dating circles and the Jewish online dating circles.
0 Replies