What would you assume about a girl who ONLY dates Christian men

JTT

Reply Tue 20 Aug, 2013 12:53 pm
@Savings,
Quote:
What would you assume about a girl who ONLY dates Christian men

That she is willing to forego the opportunity for love and true bliss in order to satisfy a misguided notion.

That she is willing to live a life of planned and deliberate second bestism.

That she is one of those "let me see your diamond ring" girls.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Tue 20 Aug, 2013 12:58 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Quote:
(And I totally agree with ehBeth-- "girls" shouldn't date "men.")

I think you and Beth are being a wee bit pedantic, Lustig. But that's been known to happen before.

Set didn't mention anything about this "girl" thing. Does that mean he's in deep ****?
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Tue 20 Aug, 2013 01:18 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Quote:
(And I totally agree with ehBeth-- "girls" shouldn't date "men.")

Farmerman: girl flossing her butt.

http://able2know.org/topic/219199-1

Farmerman's remark, "girl", didn't seem to get Lustig's panties in too big a bunch.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 20 Aug, 2013 01:31 pm
@Thomas,
Yes, yes, yes . . . but what about the question?
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Tue 20 Aug, 2013 01:31 pm
As Set alluded to, maybe she only wants to date someone who shares her values, realizing that the best opportunity for a lasting long term relationship is between two people with shared values.
Setanta

Reply Tue 20 Aug, 2013 01:34 pm
At Facebook, they have ads for "Christian Mingle," an online dating service for Morons . . . er, Mormons . . . er, Christians. It's always a picture of a woman, and the women might be described as attractive (don't bet on it, you can't really judge a man or woman until you see them just after they get out of bed after a bad night). They also usually show a modest cleavage. Hmmmm . . .
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Tue 20 Aug, 2013 01:41 pm
I personally think that Christian women should be forced to date other men.

Miller

Reply Tue 20 Aug, 2013 01:52 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

I personally think that Christian women should be forced to date other men.

Why men? Why not other women?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 20 Aug, 2013 02:03 pm
http://bannerfarm.ace.advertising.com/CDN/232261/160x600_FBgirl12.jpg

Here's an example. Streaked hair, way too much make-up, slightly revealing clothing. Good dental work, though.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Tue 20 Aug, 2013 02:12 pm
@CoastalRat,
Your loved one also considers it important to provide support and cover for war criminals and terrorists, CoastalRat.

Talk about conjugal bliss.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Tue 20 Aug, 2013 07:11 pm
In my opinion, it all has to do with how any children, born from a marriage, are to be raised regarding religion. So, if being a Christian is important to someone, they might then try to prevent future problems, relative to how the children will be raised regarding religion, by only dating Christians.

The same could go for other faiths.

I believe I have seen more interfaith couples, when the couple is too old to have children. This makes me think that the faith of children is something that many people think of when they find someone they might marry.

There was a time, I thought, that before a Catholic could marry a non-Catholic in the Catholic Church, it had to be agreed that any children born to the couple had to be raised Catholic. So, the concern about how a child will be raised is a concern for more than just couples, it seems.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 20 Aug, 2013 08:44 pm
It's a good question if only because it has led people to reveal their prejudice or lack thereof.
Foofie

Reply Wed 21 Aug, 2013 06:37 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

It's a good question if only because it has led people to reveal their prejudice or lack thereof.

Prejudice? Does that imply that to be not prejudiced, one should be open to marrying a person from any religion? If that is correct, then one does not have a free choice of a mate, since religion, or lack of it, does make a mate more, or less, compatible.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 21 Aug, 2013 07:05 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:

Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Prejudice? Does that imply that to be not prejudiced, one should be open to marrying a person from any religion? If that is correct, then one does not have a free choice of a mate, since religion, or lack of it, does make a mate more, or less, compatible.

No it is to imply that there are people in this forum who are prejudicial about Christians.
0 Replies

IvoryLatte

Reply Fri 23 Aug, 2013 01:43 pm
@Savings,
That she...likes....Christian men? Or that she is a Christian herself? I don't know. That's an odd question.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sat 24 Aug, 2013 06:29 pm
What would I assume about a girl who ONLY dates Christian men? That the phrase "Thank you Jesus for the missionary position" would be close to her lips.
0 Replies

IRFRANK

Reply Sun 25 Aug, 2013 08:16 am
[quoteWhat would I assume about a girl who ONLY dates Christian men?][/quote]

The one thing I know for sure is that she wouldn't date me, and that is about all I need to know. (My wife wouldn't like the idea either.) So, what criteria she applies to her own life is ok with me.
0 Replies