Me and my girlfriend had sex at 14 should I tell my parents

MGSfan

Reply Wed 7 Aug, 2013 02:37 am
We have known each other for that long time and recently became boyfriend and girlfriend we were having a great time she knew I liked her a long time before I asked her out and she told me she felt the same way for long time and we were both pretty happy hearing that we both smiled and looked into each others eyes for I don't know how long and at the same time we kissed and each time we kissed it got deeper and deeper and then at some point we both said "I love you"at the same time then she got on top of me and we still kept kissing I got a erection we stop kissing and we both looked at each other blushing because I felt her on top of my penis and I think she felt it on her vagina then she said "I love you and you said you love me and if your ready to keep going so am I"I said "Yes"and I know I should have said we should wait and I know people will say we are too young to know what love is but I think it was genuine real love and we started taking are shirts off I saw her breast for the first time and we both took our pants off and did it for hours after were done (and yes I used a condom)I walked her home and when we got to her door she gave me a passinate kiss and went inside and thats the end of it and walking home I thought oh crap my parents and thought should I say what we did so my questin is should I say anything to them or should I keep it a seret and and I stupid for not saying we should wait then and there

View best answer, chosen by MGSfan
jespah
  Selected Answer

Reply Wed 7 Aug, 2013 06:02 am
You could have spared us the details.

Be that as it may, you're awfully young for this experience. And yes, I think you might want to mention to your folks that you are sexually active, because condoms are not foolproof and pregnancy is not an impossible consequence.

Be prepared for fallout; I can fairly well guarantee that it will happen, but it will be helpful for them to know in case, like I said, there are overwhelming consequences. Oh, and don't think it's impossible! I know girls who got pregnant at 13 and 14.
MGSfan

Reply Wed 7 Aug, 2013 06:09 am
@jespah,
You are probably right on everything you said but everything just short of happend
CoastalRat

Reply Wed 7 Aug, 2013 08:15 am
@MGSfan,
Quote:
but everything just short of happend

Don't use this line if you talk to your parents. Sex does not just sort of happen. Your clothes did not just magically fall off and it didn't just sort of happen that the condom was so readily available to you. You and she made the decision to have sex. I think you are both foolish, but what do I know? At least you used a condom.

As to your question, if you and she are not grown up enough to let both sets of parents know, then I question whether you are grown up enough to have sex.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Wed 7 Aug, 2013 09:19 am
Glad you at least wore protection . . .

I have been saying for a while that 10 is the new 15, so if you are 14, then . . .
yup, many kids your age are sexually active. Where did you get the condoms?

Whether or not you tell your parents depends on what kind of parents they are. Have they always been "approachable"? If they are ultra conservative, authoritarian, then don't. If you have always been able to talk to them about things, then maybe you can let them know about this experience.

I am concerned about: that you will get a "reputation" of a guy on the prowl and expect any relationship to involve sex. Other girls may become scared of you. Also, you MUST make sure you have willing partners. That means to ASK before you do anything with a 14 year old girl, even kiss her. She could have regrets and start yelling "rape.' Girls that age can be quite volatile.

This act is not casual. It's supposed to mean something between people.
MGSfan

Reply Wed 7 Aug, 2013 09:25 am
@PUNKEY,
It did mean something, I got the condom from my uncles room,and my parents are very approachable but I don't know how they will react but my girlfriend called and said that we should get both our parents to meet each other and we could both talk to them at the same time and I think that this a good idea and that we will try to do it tomorrow
PUNKEY

Reply Wed 7 Aug, 2013 09:31 am
@MGSfan,
How long have you been seeing this girl?

I wonder what you think will happen if all the parents get together? Why does she want all the parents together? They could make you stop seeing each other.

Each of you should tell your parents first. Then, if they want to meet, they will arrange that themselves.
MGSfan

Reply Wed 7 Aug, 2013 09:33 am
@PUNKEY,
That sounds like a better,and I have only been seeing her for I think one year 3 months
0 Replies

MGSfan

Reply Wed 7 Aug, 2013 09:34 am
@PUNKEY,
That sounds like a better idea,and I have only been seeing her for I think 1 year 3 months
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Wed 7 Aug, 2013 09:30 pm
@MGSfan,
So everything just sort of happened, nobody saw it coming --- and yet, long-enough before push came to shove (pun unintended, but inevitable), one of you had the presence of mind to bring a condom. (How else could you have ended up using one?)

My sense is that the answer to your question is "yes". Yes, you should talk to your parents. They should sign you up for a writing workshop, where a coach might teach you how to develop coherent storylines. Your post could certainly use one.

0 Replies

Pearlylustre

Reply Wed 7 Aug, 2013 09:41 pm
@PUNKEY,
Quote:
Where did you get the condoms?

I'm a bit curious about this question - mainly because so many young people post here asking questions about pregnancy and they haven't used a condom. Here in Australia anyone - including 14 year olds - can get condoms at any supermarket or pharmacy so I can't imagine the question being asked. Is access to condoms more difficult in the US or the UK?
Thomas

Reply Wed 7 Aug, 2013 10:34 pm
@Pearlylustre,
Pearlylustre wrote:
Here in Australia anyone - including 14 year olds - can get condoms at any supermarket or pharmacy so I can't imagine the question being asked. Is access to condoms more difficult in the US or the UK?

No. Same in America. If you're of legal age for buying a pack of chewing gum, you're of legal age for buying a pack of condoms. To be sure, social mores may differ between countries. In particular, American youths may well be more embarrassed about the store clerk seeing their pack of condoms. But, no legal restrictions.
Eva

Reply Thu 8 Aug, 2013 12:02 am
@Thomas,
The problem isn't legal, it's logistical. Most 14 year olds do not live within walking distance of a place to buy condoms, and they're too young to drive. They also may not have any money, unless you count what is leftover from their allowance.

I encourage the OP and his girlfriend to tell the parents, providing the parents are reasonable people. They may be shocked at first, but if they're like most, they'll soon figure out it's wiser to help their kids take appropriate precautions than to be judgmental.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 8 Aug, 2013 06:55 am
Read up; he got them from his uncle's room.
gungasnake

Reply Thu 8 Aug, 2013 07:00 am
@MGSfan,
Quote:
Me and my girlfriend had sex at 14 should I tell my parents

Tell your English Teacher. This needs to be more like

Quote:
My girlfriend and I had sex at age.....
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Thu 8 Aug, 2013 09:14 am
@jespah,
Thanks, Jespah. MGSfan, I owe you an apology. I'm sorry I implied you were bulshitting us.
CoastalRat

Reply Fri 9 Aug, 2013 09:54 am
@Thomas,
Thomas, are we still sure he is not? Claims he has been seeing her for over a year, yet he started the earlier thread here. http://able2know.org/topic/219334-1#post-5404920
Thomas

Reply Fri 9 Aug, 2013 10:19 am
@CoastalRat,
Guess you're right. I retract my apology and go back to recommending the creative-writing workshop.
maxdancona

Reply Fri 9 Aug, 2013 12:02 pm
@Thomas,
Anyone who claims they "did it for hours" on their first time is probably lying.
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Fri 9 Aug, 2013 01:40 pm
@PUNKEY,
PUNKEY wrote:
Why does she want all the parents together? They could make you stop seeing each other.

Or, possibly worse, they could wind up married. My advice is: don't tell anybody.