The EU's Vicious Economic Sanctions on Israel

Foofie

Reply Fri 2 Aug, 2013 10:36 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

EU Foreign Policy Chief Catherine Ashton said on Wednesday that the EU will be "fully engaged with both parties and will make every effort, together with our partners, to ensure that negotiations succeed."

She stated: "Both Israel and the Palestinians have a reliable friend and ally in the European Union." (Source: Jerusalem Post)

Considering that Europe was the cause of Zionism gaining momentum in the eyes of world Jewry, I wonder whether Europe would celebrate Israel being a place for Jews to live, if there was no Arab oil to make the plight of the Palestineans a relevant concern for Europe (to show the Arab producing states that Europe is not anti-Arab)?
Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 2 Aug, 2013 11:32 am
@Foofie,
You should better ask the EU Foreign Policy Chief herself. I'm not her spokesperson nor am I related to any EU commission.

I beg you to consider, however, the date of founding the EU.
Foofie

Reply Sat 3 Aug, 2013 02:44 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

You should better ask the EU Foreign Policy Chief herself. I'm not her spokesperson nor am I related to any EU commission.

I beg you to consider, however, the date of founding the EU.

I wasn't talking about the EU. In my mind, many Europeans share certain collective thinking that has nothing to do with the EU. Xenophobia for example. Also, the willingness to think of some groups as "outsiders," regardless of how long they have lived in the country. My point being that for many, only having ancestors that descended from the old tribes that plotzed down on the land in the Middle Ages, makes one an "insider," in my opinion. In other word, in many countries, again in my opinion, no amount of time in the country would make them a "valid" European in many minds, if they are not descended from those early tribes.

It's a closed club, so to speak, in my opinion. I do not think the existence of the EU can really change that thinking.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 3 Aug, 2013 03:42 pm
@Foofie,
I know you like to look the other way when Israel brutalises the Palestinians, as opposed to simply denying the truth like Oralboy and Advocate, so I suppose you deserve some credit for that.

It's quite comforting to think that the only reason Europe is so hostile towards Israel, (as if granting Israel "favoured nation status" isn't good enough,) is because of anti-Semitism. You're even so generous as to suggest such impulses might be subconscious. That try as we might to look favourably on all races, we're still unwittingly anti-Semitic, we just can't help ourselves. That mindset allows you to look the other way ad infinitum, and it reinforces your persecution complex and state of perpetual victimhood.

This isn't about Jews, this is about white colonists from Europe and North America stomping all over the rights of the indigenous population. It's just like South Africa, and your own country. You've got a proud tradition of stomping all over the indigenous population yourselves, so you can't really criticise other white people can you?
Advocate

Reply Sat 3 Aug, 2013 05:15 pm
@izzythepush,
Your lies about Israel are truly unbelievable. Saying that Israel is brutal to the Pals is a really big lie. It is the other way around. Are the Pals brutal when they shoot 10,000 rockets and missiles into Israel, or blow up pizza and bingo parlors, or bomb public buses? Damn right that is brutal action by the Pals.

Were it able to, any country in the world would act exactly like Israel does under the circumstances it faces with the Pal behavior.
contrex

Reply Sat 3 Aug, 2013 05:20 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
try as we might to look favourably on all races, we're still unwittingly anti-Semitic, we just can't help ourselves.

Izzy, just remind me... what nation on which continent is it that had lynchings until 1968 (officially), and has words like "shine", "kike", "spic", "gook", "slope", and "coon" in its vernacular?
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 3 Aug, 2013 05:23 pm
@Advocate,
Advocate wrote:
Your lies about Israel are truly unbelievable.

Izzythepush is a Nazi and an anti-Semite.

He is going to do his best to undermine the peace process by vomiting as much hate and lies as he can all over the internet, even though the only ones who will truly suffer if negotiations fail are the Palestinians that he pretends to care about.

Whatever tripe he wrote that you were responding to, by the way, thank you for not quoting it in your reply. Very Happy
izzythepush

Reply Sat 3 Aug, 2013 05:49 pm
@Advocate,
You know the occupation is brutal to say the least. You've been presented with irrefutable evidence of that time and time again, you choose to ignore it. You decided to turn your back on the truth a long time ago.

Israel is the occupier. Israel is breaking international law by building illegal settlements on occupied lands. Armed Israeli police and soldiers roam Palestinian lands, routinely threatening and humiliating the indigenous population, day in day out. Or more often than not they sit back and watch the settlers doing it.
JTT

Reply Sat 3 Aug, 2013 09:10 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
Izzythepush is a Nazi and an anti-Semite.

Izzy is neither of those things. That is the most vacuous argument anyone could ever raise. I see it all the time when I post source material showing that the US is the greatest terrorist nation/group on the planet.

This means I'm anti-US. VACUOUS VACUOUS VACUOUS AND VACUOUS!

You should read what Izzy wrote because he's right. I've posted it here for your convenience.

That the 2nd most vacuous meme - "please don't post [name] because I have him/her on ignore. Those are children who do such things.

Quote:
I know you like to look the other way when Israel brutalises the Palestinians, as opposed to simply denying the truth like Oralboy and Advocate, so I suppose you deserve some credit for that.

It's quite comforting to think that the only reason Europe is so hostile towards Israel, (as if granting Israel "favoured nation status" isn't good enough,) is because of anti-Semitism. You're even so generous as to suggest such impulses might be subconscious. That try as we might to look favourably on all races, we're still unwittingly anti-Semitic, we just can't help ourselves. That mindset allows you to look the other way ad infinitum, and it reinforces your persecution complex and state of perpetual victimhood.

This isn't about Jews, this is about white colonists from Europe and North America stomping all over the rights of the indigenous population. It's just like South Africa, and your own country. You've got a proud tradition of stomping all over the indigenous population yourselves, so you can't really criticise other white people can you?
Advocate

Reply Sat 3 Aug, 2013 09:34 pm
@JTT,
Okay, we know you hate the USA. But this thread is about Israel and Palestine.

You should vent your spleen regarding the USA on some other thread. Don't be a bore.
JTT

Reply Sat 3 Aug, 2013 09:36 pm
@Advocate,
Quote:
Okay, we know you hate the USA.

VACUOUS VACUOUS VACUOUS AND VACUOUS, Advocate.
oralloy

Reply Sat 3 Aug, 2013 09:54 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:
Advocate wrote:
Okay, we know you hate the USA.

VACUOUS VACUOUS VACUOUS AND VACUOUS, Advocate.

Your criticisms of the US are in fact almost always unjust and untrue.

And izzythepush is in fact a Nazi and an anti-Semite.

When you informed me that you had quoted whatever vile lies he wrote, I voted down your post to make it disappear before I could read the rest of it.

I hardly ever vote down your posts, but it wasn't nice of you to help him spread his hateful vomit.

There are peace talks starting, and if they succeed, we could be seeing a just end to the conflict between Israel and the Palestinians. Why would you want to help izzythepush undermine all that?

I guarantee you that if you make peace impossible, you won't like the war.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 4 Aug, 2013 04:39 am
Oralboy fantasises about killing Italian babies, has called for nuclear strikes on Italy and Russia, dismisses Israeli institutions like Haaretz and B'Tselem, and classes all Palestinians as vermin. It's clear he has no interest in reality, let alone peace.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sun 4 Aug, 2013 09:07 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Perhaps, you should reframe the thought to think it is about the largesse of industrious European Jews giving Jews world-wide, including Jew hating Middle Eastern countries, a safe haven to "be a Jew" (sung to the tune of "Be a Clown").

That's really what it is about. For example, try living in the U.S. for a decade or less, and see if you don't get reminded that you are a Brit, until you decide to assimilate and become a Yank. Jews have had the same problem world-wide. That's the result of becoming lighter complected than Moses, I guess.
Foofie

Reply Sun 4 Aug, 2013 09:10 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

You know the occupation is brutal to say the least. You've been presented with irrefutable evidence of that time and time again, you choose to ignore it. You decided to turn your back on the truth a long time ago.

Israel is the occupier. Israel is breaking international law by building illegal settlements on occupied lands. Armed Israeli police and soldiers roam Palestinian lands, routinely threatening and humiliating the indigenous population, day in day out. Or more often than not they sit back and watch the settlers doing it.

Aren't there still American troops in Germany? In Japan? Perhaps, the Germans and Japanese have some insight into humility that Palestineans do not?
izzythepush

Reply Sun 4 Aug, 2013 10:19 am
@Foofie,
There's no comparison, this is colonisation. America hasn't colonised Japan or Germany, apart from cultural imperialism of course.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sun 4 Aug, 2013 10:57 am
@Foofie,

izzythepush wrote:
This isn't about Jews, this is about white colonists from Europe and North America stomping all over the rights of the indigenous population.

Note: The Israelis are the indigenous population of the West Bank.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 4 Aug, 2013 10:59 am
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:
Aren't there still American troops in Germany? In Japan? Perhaps, the Germans and Japanese have some insight into humility that Palestineans do not?
We've got British troops here, French, Dutch, Canadian and Polish.
Foofie

Reply Sun 4 Aug, 2013 06:43 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

Foofie wrote:

Why?
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 4 Aug, 2013 11:29 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:

Walter Hinteler wrote:

Foofie wrote:

Why?
We are a NATO-country - joined French-German, Dutch-German and Polish-German brigades. The Canadians have left their garrisons here since a couple of years, but use US-facilities now. The US and British are still stationed in their former occupied zones (the British will leave in 2017).