Hello there, Merry the Coward.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Fri 2 Aug, 2013 09:55 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Quote:
please do not pontificate.

Blow me douche bag. If you need translations of the vernacular, consult an urban dictionary you dickhead. Youre getting to be as annoying as that well known Holocaust and Japanese atrocity denier JT

So, how do you know that the internment of Japanese was "racist driven"?

And, by what authority do you assign penance to America?

I would guess that my "getting to be as annoying" is due to my not defering to your opinion, since I don't remember any facts to back up your opinion.

Would you rather I pander to you, and grovel in front of your postings?

0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Fri 2 Aug, 2013 10:03 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Foofie is mad. On another thread he said that we all speak with American accents but just adopt the British accent, (note only one) when talking to Americans.

That was said for its humorous effect.

If I think I'm a victim, you might see why, based on your interacting with more than a few Americans that think that they are always correct, in my opinion.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Fri 2 Aug, 2013 10:05 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

He's in full on denial about himself. I'm done with him, anyone who condemns everything the West does isn't interested in trying to make the world a better place. In Sierra Leone, rebels fighting against the democratically elected government routinely chopped the limbs off small children. Thanks to British intervention, they're not doing that anymore, which is a bad thing in his book.

Then by default, Foofie wins the popularity contest.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 2 Aug, 2013 02:31 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:
Do you believe the UK and US governments should be held to account for their war crimes and terrorism?

Yes.
panzade

Reply Fri 2 Aug, 2013 02:57 pm
Thanks for posting this ed.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 2 Aug, 2013 03:35 pm
@panzade,
Thanks, panz.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 2 Aug, 2013 03:48 pm
@maxdancona,
True about "protection." The guns on the guard towers were pointed into the camp; not out. Some were killed for getting too close to the fence.

Also, thanks to edgar for starting this thread. Even I didn't know about Kooskia. A few years ago, my wife and I attended a reunion at Tule Lake camp in Northern California where I and my family were interred, and learned for the first time that there was a camp near ours with German and Italian prisoners.

Andy and farmerman both know what they're talking about; and others with their bigoted statements don't have a clue about the story about Americans of Japanese ancestry during WWII and now.

Americans of Japanese ancestry are well assimilated into America; most of our children are married to other races and ethnicities - including English, German, black, Dutch, Russian, Italian, Chinese, and Polynesian.

Before, during, and after WWII, the Americans of Japanese ancestry were the second largest Asians in the US behind the Chinese. Today, we are the smallest group of Asians in America.
panzade

Reply Fri 2 Aug, 2013 03:55 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I hope you post more C.I. You're a living link to this tragedy.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 2 Aug, 2013 04:43 pm
@panzade,
Feel free to ask any question, but don't forget that I was only six years old when we went into camp, and ten when we got back to Sacramento.

panzade

Reply Fri 2 Aug, 2013 05:44 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I see.
Any recollections will be greatly appreciated.

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 2 Aug, 2013 06:09 pm
@panzade,
As a child, most of us didn't have any problem to speak of. It was the older generation who suffered greatly for their loss of freedom.

Children acclimate to most conditions.

I do remember going to Japanese school in the morning, and English school in the afternoon. Had to learn our multiplication table in Japanese school.

In January of this year, my siblings and I met with a fellow who now lives in Honolulu, but knew each other in the camp. I didn't recognize him at all!

I took some pictures when we attended the reunion, but my wife and I are leaving for dinner soon, so I'll post them later today or tomorrow.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 2 Aug, 2013 08:29 pm
@cicerone imposter,
There are two mountains that was on two sides of our camp.
This one we called "castle rock."
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v97/imposter222/IMG_2743.jpg
We called this "pancake mountain."
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v97/imposter222/IMG_2739.jpg
The camp was situated between these two mountains. Since this was once where native Americans lived, we found many flints and arrowheads in the sands.

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 2 Aug, 2013 08:36 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Here's a picture of our camp in 1943.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v97/imposter222/tulelakeinternmentcamp.jpg
JTT

Reply Fri 2 Aug, 2013 09:41 pm
@izzythepush,
Then we are on the same page.
JTT

Reply Fri 2 Aug, 2013 09:43 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I don't suppose they had ski trips to those mountains, eh, CI? What mountains are they? How high?
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 3 Aug, 2013 01:57 am
@JTT,
I don't think so, you showed your true colours when you put the kibosh on my thread about Iran.
Setanta

Reply Sat 3 Aug, 2013 02:03 am
I appreciate the candor of your recollections, CI. That's how history gets accumulated, and it is not often from such a perspective.
farmerman

Reply Sat 3 Aug, 2013 05:55 am
@Setanta,
Yeh true, Im g;ad you've opened the door on that part of our history. I hope theres a collective journal effort at Tule like I seen from Manzanita . Even though there were efforts of these reports to "whitewash" the ones from Manzanita, the full essence of the bad nd the very bad gets through to the readers and lets them reach their own conclusions.
As we saw in 9/11, as a nation we still haven't fully "Grown up" to protect the civil rights of all citizens and not leave it to some bodily structural feature to decide "potential disloyalty" during a crisis;
In our defense, we were not alone , nor unique in history. All nations that dabbled in "Empire" practiced from the same rule books
JTT

Reply Sat 3 Aug, 2013 06:34 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
you showed your true colours when you put the kibosh on my thread about Iran.

The truth will out. Take me there, if you want, and show me how and where I did that.