Anthony Weiner is an idiot!

JTT

Reply Wed 24 Jul, 2013 02:18 pm
@firefly,
In the first picture Wiener looks like he is about to ejaculate.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Thu 25 Jul, 2013 11:24 am
@firefly,
I meant that Weiner is a shoe-in, in my opinion.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Thu 25 Jul, 2013 12:00 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
And electing Weiner the Mayor would make NYC the laughing stock of the world--he's become a sleazy dirty joke. He's also continued to lie about his sexting problem, saying he got it under control after he resigned from Congress, when that was not the case.

Both Weiner and Spitzer have revealed personal problems, and character problems, that should disqualify them from holding any high public office right now. I'm not a NYC voter, but, if I were, I'd demand better in the way of nominees. Why scrap the bottom of the barrel for candidates?

Ah, the old American Puritanism.

Sexual peccadillos, you're history, bub. What we want from our leaders is people who are willing to rape, torture and murder innocents. We want leaders that will shock and awe people, leaders that go for shake and bake, leaders who are willing to use any weapon, like cluster bombs, that will make children's play areas as lethal as is possible.

Those are the kinds of leaders that America loves!! Yee haw!!
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Thu 25 Jul, 2013 12:20 pm
@firefly,
firefly wrote:
And electing Weiner the Mayor would make NYC the laughing stock of the world--he's become a sleazy dirty joke.

You mean like Clinton? How many cigar and intern jokes have we survived? Or maybe like Sanford? He gave hiking the Appalachian Trail a whole new meaning. If this is too much for the people of NY, they won't vote for him. I don't see why he should drop out because the NY papers feel they need to protect the NY voters from seeing his name on the ballot. If he's willing to subject himself and his family to this, that is his decision (and his wife's which apparently she has made as well.) As an outside observer I'm interested in seeing the results.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 25 Jul, 2013 12:34 pm
@engineer,
I don't want Weiner to drop out, though I think he's missing a synapse or three, but I seem to remember reading he had some useful viewpoints on other matters.
If I lived in the city, I probably wouldn't vote for him. Not sure re Quinn, and don't know about anyone else running.
On the other hand, if I were his wife, I'd be over him.
Oh, and how do you pronounce his name?

On Spitzer, I'm even less for his dropping out. Mr. Bad Judgement re his sexual ventures, but I think he's been quite respected for his work in government. He also seems sane, from here.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 25 Jul, 2013 12:58 pm
@ossobuco,
Took me a while to find this, given as I am to forgetting exactly where I read something -

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2013/07/huma-and-the-perils-of-marrying-a-narcissist.html
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Thu 25 Jul, 2013 03:33 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:
I don't want Weiner to drop out, though I think he's missing a synapse or three, but I seem to remember reading he had some useful viewpoints on other matters.. . .
There would always be that nagging question of what is he actually doing when he keeps checking his cell phone during city council meetings.
JTT

Reply Thu 25 Jul, 2013 03:38 pm
@neologist,
Perhaps it could work out okay if his phone could be set up only to text ex-mayor Rudy Guiliani's phone.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Thu 25 Jul, 2013 05:41 pm
After a cooling off period, I must say most everyone had a much more balanced viewpoint than I did initially. I was deeply disappointed with the 2 politicians for squandering their opportunity and their ability to move the country in a positive direction, but honestly, I don't vote in New York and folks are right when they say it is up to the people of New York to choose their elected representatives. Maryland has had it share of scandals, some real some trumped up. But I don't want another State or newspaper to tell me who to vote for, and right now we still have that unencumbered right.

ossobuco

Reply Thu 25 Jul, 2013 05:47 pm
@neologist,
Mostly I don't care. I care a lot about people screwing the populace with bad choices, but I'm not as exercised about people fantasy screwing. Not that I like it, but I get the difference.

As I said, I probably wouldn't vote for him. Would depend on who was more horrible.
JTT

Reply Thu 25 Jul, 2013 05:50 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
and right now we still have that unencumbered right.

@InfraBlue,
House Defeats Effort to Rein In N.S.A. Data Gathering

Reichstag Offers Hitler its Unconditional Support
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Thu 25 Jul, 2013 06:01 pm
@ossobuco,
Spitzer had his problems while governor of NY--one was Troopergate

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eliot_Spitzer_political_surveillance_controversy

0 Replies

neologist

Reply Thu 25 Jul, 2013 06:14 pm
@ossobuco,
He has all the signs of sexual addiction. Perhaps not so bad
in the grand scheme of things; but his thinking is egocentric.
No matter how convincing his facade, he will always opt
for his own interest.
It can be overcome, I believe. But he has yet to be convincing.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 25 Jul, 2013 06:20 pm
@neologist,
Yes, I'm doubting him being able to work in the office. I give him only a few days.

I've been to many city council meetings. Talk about need for escape.
But yes, pay attention to all of it.
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Thu 25 Jul, 2013 06:31 pm
@neologist,
Quote:
But he has yet to be convincing.

Weiner has yet to be convincing because he's yet to be completely honest. His sexting continued after he was telling journalists, and the public, that it was all behind him. His lying and evasiveness is as big a problem as everything else when voters evaluate him. Who knows what else is going to surface that he's yet to mention?

He seems to be plummeting in the polls at the moment.

Rockhead

Reply Thu 25 Jul, 2013 07:01 pm
@firefly,
he's gone soft...
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Thu 25 Jul, 2013 07:14 pm
@firefly,
I was being kind
0 Replies

Moment-in-Time

Reply Thu 25 Jul, 2013 07:56 pm
@firefly,
Quote:

Weiner has yet to be convincing because he's yet to be completely honest. His sexting continued after he was telling journalists, and the public, that it was all behind him. His lying and evasiveness is as big a problem as everything else when voters evaluate him. Who knows what else is going to surface that he's yet to mention?

He seems to be plummeting in the polls at the moment.

I am a native New Yorker, and I daresay Weiner is something of a political embarrassment. It's not so much the sexting that's the problem (I consider such harmless as long as it stays on the Internet) but after such a public mea culpa, it was quite a surprise to hear he'd continued after the pleading with New Yorkers to forgive him. This action by Weiner informs the world he's a first class liar and cannot be trusted. To show how bad this latest discovery was, Weiner had his wife defend him, saying "he's a better man." LOL! She comes across as one suffering from Stockholm syndrome.

JTT

Reply Thu 25 Jul, 2013 08:22 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
Quote:
This action by Weiner informs the world he's a first class liar and cannot be trusted.

Screw the run for mayor! On to the white house, Tony.
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Fri 26 Jul, 2013 08:34 pm
'New Yorker' magazine mocks Weiner in new cover
http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.1410103.1374874054!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_635/newyorker27n-1-web.jpg
0 Replies