EU's Hostile Fixation on Israeli Settlements

JTT

Thu 25 Jul, 2013 03:07 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
Quote:
Really, Advocate, if you're going to be a spokesperson for the Zionist entity at least try to be more ethical in what you post.

Good point, MiT. You should also warn Advocate about the dangers of being co-opted by a band of PMers.
0 Replies

JTT

Thu 25 Jul, 2013 03:50 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
Why do you think it is, MiT, that the US doesn't have an embargo on the portion of its "aid" to Israel that goes to the Communist kibbutzes?
Moment-in-Time

Thu 25 Jul, 2013 05:14 pm
@JTT,
Quote:

Why do you think it is, MiT, that the US doesn't have an embargo on the portion of its "aid" to Israel that goes to the Communist kibbutzes?

There has been suggestions from the AFSC (American Friends Service Committee) Church Leaders to Congress: condition military aid to Israel on human rights compliance. There was at least one request from one president, I think it was Bush senior, who openly stated perhaps aid should be conditional on Israel's continued settlement building. The US congress, bought and paid for by AIPAC for Israel's benefit, shot it down.

By the US massive monetary support to Israel annually, they, in effect, are siding with Israel in the ILLEGAL settlement building.

US diplomats like to say that when it comes to the Palestinian-Israeli peace process the US plays the role of "an honest broker." But the US's massive foreign aid payments to Israel mean that, in fact, the US is taking sides. Israel is the largest recipient of US foreign aid in the world. Until the US stops lending its weight to Israel through biased and unfair support, a truly just peace will remain elusive.

The American congress would agree to throw their mother under the bus before denying Israel anything. Israel, in my personal opinion, is a liability to America.
JTT

Thu 25 Jul, 2013 05:33 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
Thank you very much, MiT, but that's not what I asked about.

Here's what I asked:

Why do you think it is, MiT, that the US doesn't have an embargo on the portion of its "aid" to Israel that goes to the communist kibbutzes?
0 Replies

JTT

Thu 25 Jul, 2013 05:46 pm
@oralloy,
JTT wrote:
Quote:
You keep talking about how much you know about a number of things, but you never illustrate it, Oralboy. You just stamp your feet and claim to know a bunch of things.

Oralloy replied:
Quote:
Nope. I post with great knowledge all the time.

How come neither you nor Advocate have responded to Thomas's post, [see below] which came right before this reply of yours to me?

====================

@Advocate,
Ambassador Baker, as quoted by Advocate, wrote:
Quote:
This unprecedented and hostile EU fixation with Israel and its settlements is based on a series of long-standing and deliberately misleading and flawed legal and political assumptions regarding the illegality of Israel's settlements and the status of the pre-1967 armistice lines as Israel's border.

Thomas:
Quote:
Notice that in his entire 2,200-word article, the ambassador does not cite any accepted principle of international law by which Israel does have a valid claim on the West Bank. Funny how this oversight happened.

Now how could you two go and do something like that after Thomas took the time to go 'n count all the words in Ambassador Baker's spiel?
Advocate

Thu 25 Jul, 2013 08:58 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

Quote:
Moreover, recoognizing the WB and Gaza as a separate country would be tantamount to the creation of a terrorist state.

That would be a perfect counterbalance to the Israeli terrorist state, A.

That Israel defends itself (although often waiting too long to do this) makes Israel
, in your mind, a terrorist state. You are a sick imbecile.
Advocate

Thu 25 Jul, 2013 09:04 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
Moment-in-Time wrote:

Quote:

Since the Pals have been implacable in their unwillingness to recognize the right of Israel to exist

Here you go again, Advocate, with the propaganda. I posted a link showing how Hamas had said it supported Israel's right to exist. "However, to talk of Hamas/Palestinians "recognizing Israel" is simply to use sloppy, confusing, and deceptive shorthand for the real demand being made of the Palestinians. To demand that Palestinians recognize "Israel's right to exist" is to demand that a people who have been treated as subhumans unworthy of basic human rights publicly proclaim that they are subhumans. It would imply Palestinians' acceptance that they deserve what has been done and continues to be done to them. The original conception of the phrase "Israel's right to exist" and of its use is an excuse for not talking with any Palestinian leaders who still stand up for the rights of their people as Hamas does in Gaza and the Palestinian Authority does in Ramallah"

Really, Advocate, if you're going to be a spokesperson for the Zionist entity at least try to be more ethical in what you post. There are some of us who follow closely events in the Middle East, especially regarding the Palestinians Israeli conflict, and are not easily deceived by the exhortation of extremists whose observations seem distorted.

It is nonsense that Hamas would accept Israel's right to exist. See http://cnnpressroom.blogs.cnn.com/2012/11/21/hamas-political-leader-to-amanpour-on-israels-right-to-exist-i-need-recognition-not-the-israelis/
Advocate

Thu 25 Jul, 2013 09:05 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

See MiT's post; I agree 100% with the opinions posted by MiT.

Well, I guess that is dispositive of the matter. BTW, when have you ever had a good word about Israel. You are biggest hater of Israel in this forum.
cicerone imposter

Thu 25 Jul, 2013 09:27 pm
@Advocate,
I've had many good words about Israel - and Jews. Most of my bosses were Jews, and they treated me very well. My first job after graduation from college was at Florsheim, and they promoted me to Audit Manager after working for 3.5 years as a Field Auditor. Even as a Field Auditor, I received a minimum of three salary raises every year. When I moved my family to Naperville, a suburb of Chicago after my promotion, we built a beautiful brick and cedar home. I've been to Israel twice, and have seen most of the major cities and sites of that country. I have visited the Holocaust Museum in Jerusalem twice, and know about the history of the Jews in Europe. I have also visited Auschwitz and Birkenau in Poland. I've had two more Jewish bosses after I left Florsheim, and they have also treated me well with regular salary raises and promotions.

I understand the history of Jews quite well.

If you had a better memory, these are things I have posted before on other threads about Israel.

What you don't seem to understand about me is that I'm an advocate for all peoples who are discriminated against and are not treated equally. It's because before, during, and after WWII, I personally experienced discrimination. Although I'm third generation American, I was told to "go back to your own country" by many whites.

I hate homophobes, racial bigots, and people who treat women and minorities in any discriminatory way.

That I deplore what the Zionists are doing to Palestinians in Israel is not based on any hate towards Jews. It's because of the stealing of their lands, and their unequal treatment by the government of Israel. I know for a fact that there are many Jews who deplore what the Zionists are doing to the Palestinians in Israel, so calling me an anti-Semite only shows how ignorant some people are.

JTT

Thu 25 Jul, 2013 09:52 pm
@Advocate,
Quote:
That Israel defends itself (although often waiting too long to do this) makes Israel, in your mind, a terrorist state.

Not really just in my mind, Advocate.

We're both in agreement that the USA is a terrorist nation. There is no one who is a greater supporter of the US than Israel. If you align yourself with terrorists and you perform terrorist acts, including defending the US at the UN for its terrorist acts, you can't be anything but a terrorist nation.

Israel is the Real Terrorist State
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noln8nx43Sk

Pat Buchanan: 300 nukes in Israel yet Iran a threat?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L033M6wqNCI
0 Replies

JTT

Thu 25 Jul, 2013 10:01 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
What you don't seem to understand about me is that I'm an advocate for all peoples who are discriminated against and are not treated equally. It's because before, during, and after WWII, I personally experienced discrimination. Although I'm third generation American, I was told to "go back to your own country" by many whites.

Now some of A2Ks closet bigots [Farmerman and Contrex] have popped out of the closet and tried the same on me, CI.

Quote:
I hate homophobes, racial bigots, and people who treat women and minorities in any discriminatory way.

Good on ya, Mate! Keep on fighting the good fight!!
0 Replies

oralloy

Thu 25 Jul, 2013 10:21 pm
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:
Ambassador Baker, as quoted by Advocate, wrote:
This unprecedented and hostile EU fixation with Israel and its settlements is based on a series of long-standing and deliberately misleading and flawed legal and political assumptions regarding the illegality of Israel's settlements and the status of the pre-1967 armistice lines as Israel's border.

Notice that in his entire 2,200-word article, the ambassador does not cite any accepted principle of international law by which Israel does have a valid claim on the West Bank. Funny how this oversight happened.

Maybe I can help fill in some of the blanks he left.

First, the Israelis are the indigenous population of the West Bank, and they were illegally kicked out of their homeland. They have the right to reclaim their own property.

And second, the Israelis have made multiple good faith attempts to make peace only to have the Palestinians derail the attempts by committing atrocities, followed by anti-Semites worldwide lying and saying Israel never made any peace attempts (presumably "denying the peace process" adds variety to a propaganda regime focused on "denying the Holocaust"). And if that wasn't bad enough, about a year ago the Palestinians and the Europeans decided to top it all off by teaming up and abrogating the Oslo Accords.

At some point, Israel has the right to say that they've tried in good faith over and over and over again, and the other side won't make peace under any circumstances, so Israel is going to just take what they need by force.
0 Replies

oralloy

Thu 25 Jul, 2013 10:40 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:
Quote:
Nope. I post with great knowledge all the time.

Just did a quick sweep of this thread, Oralboy. There was zero knowledge posted by you. There was quite a bit of foot stamping and some outrageous lies but that was to be expected.

Wrong again. All the stuff that you wrongly call "lies" is actually factual and truthful information.

All the stuff that you wrongly call "foot stamping" is actually reasoned opinion.

I'll agree though that in this thread I've tended to respond more with opinion than with facts.

This thread has been filled with anti-Semites whining about how much they hate Israel, and as such it isn't an environment that leans towards a discussion of factual matters.

I note Thomas' presence in the thread now. That's a positive sign and a welcome breath of fresh air, and maybe now the thread will become an actual discussion of facts. But it hasn't really been such a place previous to his appearance.

As usual, you'd be a lot more pleasant if you skipped the name-calling.
oralloy

Thu 25 Jul, 2013 10:49 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:
How come neither you nor Advocate have responded to Thomas's post, [see below] which came right before this reply of yours to me?

Because I haven't gotten to it until now.
0 Replies

JTT

Thu 25 Jul, 2013 10:50 pm
@oralloy,
More lies and foot stamping.

Quote:
I note Thomas' presence in the thread now.

Yeah, right, Oralboy.

You ignored Thomas's post like you ignore anything that points up what an evil nation the US has been for over a century.
oralloy

Thu 25 Jul, 2013 10:55 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:
More lies and foot stamping.

Nope. As usual I provided facts and reasoned opinion.

JTT wrote:
You ignored Thomas's post

No I didn't.

And as usual, you'd be a lot more pleasant if you skipped the name-calling.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Fri 26 Jul, 2013 02:08 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
If you had a better memory, these are things I have posted before on other threads about Israel.

It's not about memory it's about empathy, both Oralboy and Advocate are driven by genocidal fantasies. They both want to exterminate the Palestinians, and cannot comprehend that other people don't get so aroused by the idea of mass murder.
izzythepush

Fri 26 Jul, 2013 02:29 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Mira Nair – the Indian film maker behind the Reluctant Fundamentalist, Monsoon Wedding and Salaam Bombay – revealed that she was rejecting an invitation to the Haifa International Film Festival because she was respecting the Palestinian call to Boycott. She stated: “I will go to Israel when the walls come down. I will go to Israel when occupation is gone. I will go to Israel when the state does not privilege one religion over another. I will go to Israel when Apartheid is over….. I will go to Israel, soon” Her principled action has been applauded internationally.

http://ymlp.com/zf9XpR
0 Replies

izzythepush

Fri 26 Jul, 2013 02:34 am
Anyone who says Israel is not an apartheid state is fooling themselves.

Quote:
As the world has reflected on Nelson Mandela's legacy and his fight against apartheid in South Africa, some have recalled his famous observation: "We know too well that our freedom is incomplete without the freedom of the Palestinians."

That special bond between two peoples and their national struggles has in recent times contributed to increasing South African efforts to challenge continuing Israeli human-rights abuses and systematic discrimination.

A few weeks ago, the outgoing South African ambassador to Israel used the opportunity of his departure to make striking criticism of Israeli policies, calling them a "replication of apartheid". Ismail Coovadia also rejected a gift of 18 trees planted in his name by the Jewish National Fund, a body that has played an important role in the displacement of Palestinians.

Not many countries find ambassadors talking of their policies in terms of apartheid, but coming from a senior South African diplomat, the charge stings all the more. It is a reflection of how South African politicians and civil society have increasingly embraced solidarity with Palestinians and taken the lead with regards to Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions (BDS)-related initiatives.

Pretoria has required the labelling of settlement goods, despite significant pressure not to do so, while there have also been notable expressions of support for the Palestinian boycott call in universities and trade unions.

These developments come as Israeli policies towards the Palestinians are increasingly talked about in terms of apartheid by observers on the ground and internationally.

In South Africa, there is the memory of Israel's historic relationship with the apartheid regime (a superb reference point for which is Sasha Polakow-Suransky's The Unspoken Alliance: Israel's Secret Relationship with Apartheid South Africa).

Israel's warm ties with the apartheid regime began in earnest in the mid-1970s, with military technology and intelligence-sharing central to the alliance. For some officials on both sides, there was also an ideological component. The South African prime minister, Hendrik Verwoerd, for example, believed that "the Jews took Israel from the Arabs after the Arabs had lived there for 1,000 years. Israel, like South Africa, is an apartheid state".

Over a period of about 15 years, examples of the close relationship included a 1975 pact signed by Shimon Peres and then-South African defence minister PW Botha, while in the mid-1980s, the Israeli defence industry was helping the isolated apartheid regime circumvent international sanctions. Israel's "collaboration with the racist regime of South Africa" was condemned in the UN's General Assembly.

Yet what has really struck many in South Africa, and elsewhere, are the similarities between the historical apartheid system, and Israel's current policies towards the Palestinians.

In 2002, Archbishop Desmond Tutu wrote an article called Apartheid in the Holy Land, saying that his recent trip to Palestine/Israel had reminded him "so much of what happened to us black people in South Africa". In 2007, the UN Human Rights Rapporteur John Dugard, a South African legal professor and apartheid expert, said that "Israel's laws and practices" in the Occupied Territories "certainly resemble aspects of apartheid".

The common element of both systems is the consolidation and enforcement of dispossession, securing control of and access to land and natural resources for one group at the expense of another. Yet there are also important differences.

While the apartheid system required the labour of black South Africans, Zionist settlement in Palestine viewed the local non-Jewish population very differently: as a group to be expelled rather than exploited. The reason why there is today, inside Israel's pre-1967 borders, a clear Jewish majority is because the majority of Palestinians who would have been citizens of the new state were ethnically cleansed, their villages destroyed, and their land expropriated.

Though there are numerous examples of de facto segregation and institutionalised discrimination within pre-1967 Israel, the apartheid comparison really began to take hold as Israel expanded its colonisation and control of the Occupied West Bank and Gaza Strip.

http://www.thenational.ae/thenationalconversation/comment/israels-similarity-to-south-africas-apartheid-is-more-than-skin-deep
Advocate

Fri 26 Jul, 2013 02:35 pm
@izzythepush,
The statement is all too stupid. Israel is not an aprtheid state. It would love to live in peace with the Pals in the WB and Gaza. Unfortunately, the Pals reject any peace with Israel that would provide for the continued existence of Israel. Thus, Israel is forced to occupy those areas.

Moreover, were Israel an apartheid state, it would not live in absolute peace and equality with its Pal citizens of Israel.