EU's Hostile Fixation on Israeli Settlements

Foofie

Wed 31 Jul, 2013 09:26 am
@Frank Apisa,
They are basically considered an economic threat, due to their willingness to compete economically in the proverbial marketplace. I need not say, "In my opinion," since this is just sociology.

They are not a religious threat, since they have no theological need to convert (aka, save a soul) anyone. They are not a sexual threat, since they are not known for an insatiable libido.

They are only an economic threat, based on their entrepreneurial history, and willingness to learn how to read, write and do 'rithmetic. This would not have been much of a threat, in my opinion, if Europe had been Protestant in the first millenia, and the masses learned to read and write also (to read the bible naturally). Catholicism was really a fertile ground to plant anti-Semitism. Catholicism allowed peasants to remain illiterate, and put an emphasis on the poor going to heaven. It really was a lesson in being alienated from Jews, in my opinion. Plus, feudalism gave everyone a role to play in the kingdom. The aristocracy gave the kingdom panache; the peasants gave the kingdom laborers; the Jews gave the kingdom tax collectors and a body of folks that could function at the periphery of society. By the way, the king owned the Jews in the kingdom, so that kept the Jews somewhat safe; sort of like peasants not touching the deer in the king's forest.

I do believe that on an unconscious level, many Gentiles resent the existence of Israel as a Jewish state, since the collective unconscious of Gentiles might only be comfortable with some Gentile overlord owning all the Jews. Israel is, in effect, an afront to that unconscious thinking.

So American Jews are not owned by anyone. What might be funny is that American WASP's might be "owned" in a deferential way by the British. Look how America went ape-sh*t over the Beatles, and then the Rolling Stones. And the love of tennis. Note all the BBC broadcasts on PBS.

gungasnake

Wed 31 Jul, 2013 10:12 am
@Foofie,
Quote:
They are only an economic threat...

I see antisemitism coming in several flavors, according to motivation:

• Pure stupidity, i.e. the belief that Jews cook Christian children into meatloafs and the like. Believe it or not this is what was behind the last couple of big Russian pogroms including Kishenyev.
  • Rotschildes, Soros, Bank of England, legalization of fractional-reserve banking etc. These people have brought about gigantic harm in the world. Granted ordinary Jews neither know anything about nor give a rat's ass about banking, they suffer from the ill will this stuff generates.
  • Communism, addiction to left-wing causes. I would guess that pretty much everybody in Europe by the late 1930s knew somebody who had died in Stalin's artificial famines in the Ukraine. Again the typical Jew neither knew anything about nor gave a rat's ass about communism, but the original bolsheviks were mostly Jews and the ordinary Jew gets blamed for it.
  • Ghettos. Ghetto dwellers in America today are generally despised by ordinary middle-class people. I'd assume the same was true in Europe in the early 1900s.
  • Islam. Islam deliberately and directly promulgates hatred of Jews today. In the middle ages there was likely a question of Jews seeming to be doing too well for themselves under muslim rule in places like Spain while Christians suffered and were oppressed. Jews participating in even one crusade would have cured that one. There is probably another crusade coming up shortly, Jews should make certain they do not get left out...

I might have missed something or left something out but that's what I'd view as most of it. Claiming that antisemitism can be explained in simple economic terms strikes me as misguided.
Foofie

Thu 1 Aug, 2013 12:40 pm
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:

Quote:
They are only an economic threat...

I see antisemitism coming in several flavors, according to motivation:

• Pure stupidity, i.e. the belief that Jews cook Christian children into meatloafs and the like. Believe it or not this is what was behind the last couple of big Russian pogroms including Kishenyev.
  • Rotschildes, Soros, Bank of England, legalization of fractional-reserve banking etc. These people have brought about gigantic harm in the world. Granted ordinary Jews neither know anything about nor give a rat's ass about banking, they suffer from the ill will this stuff generates.
  • Communism, addiction to left-wing causes. I would guess that pretty much everybody in Europe by the late 1930s knew somebody who had died in Stalin's artificial famines in the Ukraine. Again the typical Jew neither knew anything about nor gave a rat's ass about communism, but the original bolsheviks were mostly Jews and the ordinary Jew gets blamed for it.
  • Ghettos. Ghetto dwellers in America today are generally despised by ordinary middle-class people. I'd assume the same was true in Europe in the early 1900s.
  • Islam. Islam deliberately and directly promulgates hatred of Jews today. In the middle ages there was likely a question of Jews seeming to be doing too well for themselves under muslim rule in places like Spain while Christians suffered and were oppressed. Jews participating in even one crusade would have cured that one. There is probably another crusade coming up shortly, Jews should make certain they do not get left out...

I might have missed something or left something out but that's what I'd view as most of it. Claiming that antisemitism can be explained in simple economic terms strikes me as misguided.

In my opinion, you left out the "brand" of alienation from Jews in the large urban centers (in the U.S.). This might be based on the belief that "chosen to receive the Ten Commandments" really means that Jews think that they are "superior," based on either a theological concept of being "chosen by God," or superior in intellect (chosen to go to college?).

It is my belief that since the Jewish culture emphasizes education many Jews manage to overcome any childhood difficulties in school, and get an education beyond high school. In effect, they seem to cluster, in my opinion, in the middle of the great human bellcurve. So, if we think of Jews having a greater percentage to being of average intelligence (like many a middle American), then that left-half of the bellcurve might think of Jews as "acting" smart/superior, since it is part of the "Gentile culture" to think that Jews have no right to be equals to any Gentile worth his/her Christmas stocking, so to speak.

In effect, anti-Semitism might just be today the indelible results of a two-thousand year learning curve by Christianity and a lesser timed learning curve by Islam. In other words, both Christianity and Islam, in their repective worlds, made themselves on top of the pecking order, and Jews living as minorities in both worlds were a priori not to be treated as equals. America is an affront to this thinking for many, in that Jews are quite equal, and I do believe it rankles many a Gentile to think that this should be so. Especially, if one's grandparents came from a land where Jews acted deferent to a Christian. Old thinking is hard to change, in my opinion.

All this makes sense when one remembers (if one had prior lives) that the pagans just thought of Jews as those laughable odd fellows that believed in one god. So, it took Christianity to come up with a better reason to not think of Jews as equals. And, since that lesson was taught for almost two millenia, it is hard to erase. However, it all stems from Jews being a minority that just seemed different than other minorities, in that they maintained that they were in no rush to assimilate into the majority, and oddly not even out populate the majority. And, the masses being just the masses did not always give Jews the incentive to assimilate into their culture. Just my opinion, naturally.

0 Replies