What Trayvon's Family Risks in a Civil Case Against Zimmerman

firefly

Reply Fri 26 Jul, 2013 05:22 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
to do so does not mean that she in the end did not come to the conclusion that it was self defense.

Quote:
The only minority on the all-female jury in the Trayvon Martin case says George Zimmerman “got away with murder” when he fatally shot the black 17-year-old — the announcement "devastated" Martin’s mother.

“For myself, he’s guilty because the evidence shows he’s guilty," the juror said...

“George Zimmerman got away with murder,” the panelist said. “But you can’t get away from God. And at the end of the day, [Zimmerman is] going to have a lot of questions and answers he has to deal with.”...

Maddy said that when the jury, which included five mothers, began deliberations, she was ready to convict Zimmerman of second-degree murder, which could have put him behind bars for life. “I was the juror that was going to give them the hung jury,” she insisted. “I fought to the end.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/juror-b29-george-zimmerman-murder-article-1.1408913#ixzz2aBuTzqQi

http://media.cagle.com/47/2013/07/18/134789_600.jpg
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sat 27 Jul, 2013 06:02 am
He was brutally beaten by Martin. He saved his own life with his gun, which is what guns are for.
Rockhead

Reply Sat 27 Jul, 2013 08:14 am
@Brandon9000,
brutally beaten?

the pictures do not support your fears...

he was punched in the nose.
BillRM

Reply Sat 27 Jul, 2013 09:34 am
@Rockhead,
Quote:

He was hit hard enough to knocked him to the ground so I guess Trayvon was correct he is indeed good at fighting.
Rockhead

Reply Sat 27 Jul, 2013 09:36 am
@BillRM,
a successful punch to the nose usually knocks a person down, billy.

that is not the same as brutally beaten no matter how much my statement gets voted down by fearful gun supporters...
BillRM

Reply Sat 27 Jul, 2013 09:38 am
@Rockhead,
A punch in the nose will usually knocks a person down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bullshit it was one hell of a punch to be able to do that.

In any case it is clear who the attacker happen to had been and who the victim of the attack happen to had been.
Rockhead

Reply Sat 27 Jul, 2013 09:40 am
@BillRM,
in your fuzzy mind.
gungasnake

Reply Sat 27 Jul, 2013 10:14 am
@BillRM,
Quote:
Bullshit it was one hell of a punch to be able to do that.

Once again...

Zimmerman made one huge mistake, basically a failure of street smarts, by putting his left hand in a pocket for a cell phone with an adversary standing two or three feet away. You block or parry a right with your left hand; the hand in the pocket left him totally defenseless. Martin instantly threw the hardest straight/overhand right he could throw and landed it flush on Zimmerman's nose, breaking his nose and flattening him.

He (Martin) at that point had a final chance to just walk away but, instead, pounced on top of him and tried to literally beat him to death with MMA-style ground/pound tactics, leaving Zimmerman with no options other than to shoot.

The kid was being raised to be a hoodlum and he died doing hoodlum ****. Nobody, least of all his parents, should be shocked or dismayed.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sat 27 Jul, 2013 10:45 am
Another good example of a straight/overhand right landing cleanly (Marciano/Walcott, round 13):

0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sat 27 Jul, 2013 10:52 am
@Rockhead,
Quote:
in your fuzzy mind.

An in the fuzzy minds of the jurors also.... You know the jurors that people are still making death threats against.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sat 27 Jul, 2013 01:13 pm
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:

brutally beaten?

the pictures do not support your fears...

It looks worse than that to me in the photos. It wasn't a single punch followed by nothing, which probably would have earned Martin a year in jail or something. From what I understand, Martin was on top of him and still beating him when Zimmerman finally saved himself.
Brandon9000

Reply Sat 27 Jul, 2013 01:14 pm
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:

a successful punch to the nose usually knocks a person down, billy.

that is not the same as brutally beaten no matter how much my statement gets voted down by fearful gun supporters...

When you say, "gun supporters," I presume that means that you are an opponent of the very existence of the 2nd Amendment?
BillRM

Reply Sat 27 Jul, 2013 01:23 pm
@Brandon9000,
Quote:
When you say, "gun supporters," I presume that means that you are an opponent of the very existence of the 2nd Amendment?

Hell the gentleman had seems to support death threats against Zimmerman with the comment "he made his own bed" and will not even state that the deaths threats against other people such as his family and his lawyers and the jury is wrong and should be punished.

So he is way beyond second amendment issues.

He does not seems to honor the jury system and support vendettas when verdicts are not to his liking.
firefly

Reply Sat 27 Jul, 2013 01:28 pm
@Brandon9000,
Quote:
It looks worse than that to me in the photos.

Maybe you need to take another look at the photos.

These were taken the night of the shooting....
http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/opinionzone/files/2012/05/zimmermanrotate.jpg

Where do you see evidence of a "beating"? Zimmerman doesn't even need a bandaid--he just needs the streaks of dried blood, from the two tiny scrapes on the back of his head, wiped off. No swellings, no bruisings, no signs of any serious injury. no signs of having been "beaten" or punched up.

Martin never got in more than one punch--and that one was likely defensive--before Zimmerman shot him.
Miller

Reply Sat 27 Jul, 2013 01:41 pm
@firefly,
firefly wrote:

Where do you see evidence of a "beating"? Zimmerman doesn't even need a bandaid-.

If Zimmerman suffered a subdural hematoma as a result of the "kid' pounding Zimmerman's head against the payment, a bandaid would be a worthless method of treatment.

Only time will tell, the extent of skull/brain damage the "kid" inflicted on Zimmerman , by pounding his head against the concrete sidewalk.
firefly

Reply Sat 27 Jul, 2013 01:45 pm
@Miller,
Oh please, if he had a subdural hematoma it would have been evident by now.

Zimmerman has remained asymptomatic, and he never received, or sought, any further treatment for the very minor injuries he received that night.

The photos of his head show no evidence of any repeated "pounding"--no bruises, swellings, goose-eggs, etc.

The physician's asst. in his own doctor's office, who he saw right after the shooting (so he could get medical clearance to return to work) testified at trial that his injuries were "minor".
Miller

Reply Sat 27 Jul, 2013 01:49 pm
@firefly,
firefly wrote:

Oh please, if he had a subdural hematoma it would have been evident by now.

Some hematomas don't elict signs of their presence for some time.

By the way, don't say "oh please" to me, while you're intent on banging your drum, nonstop, against Zimmerman.

ehBeth

Reply Sat 27 Jul, 2013 01:51 pm
@Miller,
How long ago did Mr. Zimmerman suffer this possible subdural haematoma?

Really.
Miller

Reply Sat 27 Jul, 2013 01:53 pm
@firefly,
firefly wrote:

The physician's asst. , who he saw right after the shooting testified at trial that his injuries were "minor".

The PA, after an extremely limited medical education, still isn't qualified to be either a neurologist (MD), or even a neuroscientist ( MD, PhD).
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sat 27 Jul, 2013 01:56 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

How long ago did Mr. Zimmerman suffer this possible subdural haematoma?

Really.

Why do you ask? Are you now interested in the neuroscience of brain injury?