If you disagree with me you are the following...........

BillRM

Reply Wed 3 Jul, 2013 04:01 am
It might be time in fact long overdue to have a thread on the charming habit of some members of this website to try to silent and or discredit anyone that disagree with them as being either a law breaker or at best just a low life.

Below is just a short list of what I been charge with over the years for daring to take positions that disagree with these charming members of this website.

It kind of amusing to see the degree of evilness that I had been label with over the years all together in one list, but on the other hand how many others who do not care to face such levels of personal attacks had indeed been silent by this group of posters?

Stand marijuana should be legal……………..............You are a pot head.

08 BAC limit for drunk driving is too low……..........You are a drunk driver

Sentencing for CP is too harsh in US………............. You are a pedophile

Adult women should not normally be able to
claim rape due to their own drinking
by reason of lack of valid consent………............…….You are a rapist
A woman should not be ruin based
mainly on the used of the n word decades
ago………………………………………………...............……You are a racist

You think that people should take
more computer security measures able
to block even the government from
viewing your computer files and
communications…………………………................…You are a lawbreaker of some
.................................................................... kind and or wish to aid such
.................................................................... people including cp traders

You are a supporter of the second
Amendment and have a CC license………….........You are a gun nut and a
....................................................................... danger to society
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 16 • Views: 5,495 • Replies: 73

boomerang

Reply Wed 3 Jul, 2013 06:56 am
@BillRM,
There isn't much room for nuance on the internet, is there?

I've been following a story about a 18 year old kid who has been in jail for 5 months (facing 8 years) for an offhand, sarcastic comment he posted on Facebook.

Accusations flow on A2K too but it's really better than what I've seen elsewhere. If you ignore the knee-jerk, no such thing as gray people there's usually room for a lively debate here.
Lordyaswas

Reply Wed 3 Jul, 2013 07:22 am
@boomerang,
The one's that make me laugh are those that openly admit having no knowledge of the topic subject matter, but feel the need to lessen everyone else's enjoyment by belittling it and doing their best to annoy, intimidate and derail, until the thread ends up like most of the others, which is usually a slanging match about grammar or tiny little technicalities of language. Nothing to do with the original topic subject at all.

Wouldn't it be nice if they just....well....you know what I mean.

0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Wed 3 Jul, 2013 07:31 am
@BillRM,
I hope you aren't saying that there are no real pot heads, pedophiles or drunk drivers.

Ignoring legitimate racism in society is a bad thing even if you think that some of the reaction against racism is overblown-- and there is still legitimate racism in society.

I also think you are being a little simplistic on a few of these, for example "the woman" (who I assume is Paula Deen) did quite a bit more than use the word "nigger" decades ago.

BillRM

Reply Wed 3 Jul, 2013 08:41 am
@boomerang,
Quote:
accusations flow on A2K too but it's really better than what I've seen elsewhere. If you ignore the knee-jerk, no such thing as gray people there's usually room for a lively debate here.

I agree that some of this is the norm for the internet but it seems over the top here when it come to some of the major posters on this website using shameful means of trying to win debates.

Most of the users that are the worst offenders are also bright enough to be able to hold their own without falling back to such nonsense at least in my opinion they are.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Wed 3 Jul, 2013 08:48 am
@maxdancona,
Quote:
I hope you aren't saying that there are no real pot heads, pedophiles or drunk drivers.

NO however you should still be able to support the idea that the punishment levels are too hash for CP tradings in the US, a position share by a majority of sitting Federal judges without being charge as a pedophile.

As far as pot heads yes indeed but you should be able to support the idea that pot should be legal without being charge as being a pot head.

You should be able to disagree with the current cut off for being a DUI driver without facing a charge that you drive impair and so on.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 3 Jul, 2013 08:57 am
@BillRM,
If you have sex with kids, then you are a pedophile.
If you drive while drunk, then you are a drunk driver.
If you say things that denigrate people of certain races, then you are a racist.
If you smoke pot, then you are a pot head.

It seems pretty simple to me.

maxdancona

Reply Wed 3 Jul, 2013 08:59 am
@maxdancona,
My point is Bill, that we should call things as they are. I don't know why you are so insistent on pushing political correctness-- if someone is a racist then why shouldn't we call them a racist?

Do you think racists should be a protected class?
BillRM

Reply Wed 3 Jul, 2013 09:37 am
@maxdancona,
Quote:
If you have sex with kids, then you are a pedophile.
If you drive while drunk, then you are a drunk driver.
If you say things that denigrate people of certain races, then you are a racist.
If you smoke pot, then you are a pot head.

Hardly what I am talking about.

I never have sex with kids yet due to my public position that the UK laws are more sane then the US laws in relationship to CP that the kind of nonsense that I been charge as being.

I never drove drunk in my life even as a young man but because I agree with the founder of Mad that a bac of .08 is a too low a cut off point I am a drunk driver.

Half my family happen to be of mixed race but because I think it is nonsense to hold the n word against someone that utter it thirty years ago and aim at an arm robber I am a racist.

I smoke pot maybe three times in my life over forty years ago but because I think pot should not be illegal I am a pot head?
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Wed 3 Jul, 2013 09:43 am
@maxdancona,
Quote:

I think that a woman should not be consider a proven racist due to a word used thirty years ago and a civil right suit and the unproven claims coming from that suit file by a white woman looking for a few millions dollars payday.

That companies such as Walmart that had face similar suits on a must larger scale should not be pulling their business from Deen over this matter.

An in relationship to this thread I should not need to face charges that I am a racist for taking the above position.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 3 Jul, 2013 09:49 am
@BillRM,
If you are talking about Paula Deen, than the issue is not a word she used thirty years ago. Paula Deen's problems started when she was accused of discriminating against employees at her restaurant recently.

You should at least get your facts straight.
BillRM

Reply Wed 3 Jul, 2013 10:03 am
@maxdancona,
Quote:
If you are talking about Paula Deen, than the issue is not a word she used thirty years ago. Paula Deen's problems started when she was accused of discriminating against employees at her restaurant recently.

I keep my facts very very straight as without her admitting to once using the n word she would still have her cooking show and her books deal and so on.

Unproven repeat unproven charges in a civil suit would not had resulted in this get Deen mind set nor would companies like Walmart had run away from her.

Once more Walmart itself had face similar federal law suits in it past.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 3 Jul, 2013 10:09 am
@BillRM,
I think her musings about the romance of a "Plantation-style" wedding with all black waitstaff were far more damaging.

Whether or not she is a racist, Paula Deen is certainly clueless.

BillRM

Reply Wed 3 Jul, 2013 10:15 am
@maxdancona,
So anyone who hold a Rome party with "slave girls" doing the serving are pro slavery?

Anyone who happen to had been impress with the life style of the rich upper class white southerns as shown in the movie Gone with the Wind is a pro-slave and a racist
maxdancona

Reply Wed 3 Jul, 2013 10:20 am
@BillRM,
Slavery in the US was barbaric and savage, and it was recent enough to still hurt. Many of us find the idea of romanticizing slavery (or any other recent tragedy) to be in extremely poor taste.

You may disagree with us.

The point is that Paula Deen has done a lot of things to cause her problems. It is a lot more than a single word used decades ago. She brought it on herself.
panzade

Reply Wed 3 Jul, 2013 10:24 am
@BillRM,
I disagree with you because your stances on numerous subjects disgust me.

Luckily I don't have to interact with you in real life and I can scroll through the garbage you attempt to write.

Even on an easy to grasp topic like: "Paula Deen is being sued for abusing the rights of her employees" you do your "Bill Dance" and don't comment on the complaint I have provided here and on the Deen thread. You're too busy comparing her to Walt Mart

http://www.atlawblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Jackson-v.-Deen-et-al.-Complaint.pdf
BillRM

Reply Wed 3 Jul, 2013 10:30 am
@maxdancona,
Quote:
The point is that Paula Deen has done a lot of things to cause her problems. It is a lot more than a single word used decades ago. She brought it on herself.

However that is not the trigger that got her in hot water the trigger was the n word and without that trigger she would still have her empire.

The others issues was brought up to defend punishing her for a word she used thirty years ago.

Once more in relationship to the subject of this thread how does holding the above opinions mean that I am a racist?
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Wed 3 Jul, 2013 10:34 am
@panzade,
Quote:
I disagree with you because your stances on numerous subjects disgust me.

That fine no problem with you being disgust with my stances however how does any of my stances means that I am any of the below things?

Quote:

Stand marijuana should be legal……………..............You are a pot head.

08 BAC limit for drunk driving is too low……..........You are a drunk driver

Sentencing for CP is too harsh in US………............. You are a pedophile

Adult women should not normally be able to
claim rape due to their own drinking
by reason of lack of valid consent………............…….You are a rapist
A woman should not be ruin based
mainly on the used of the n word decades
ago………………………………………………...............……You are a racist

You think that people should take
more computer security measures able
to block even the government from
viewing your computer files and
communications…………………………................…You are a lawbreaker of some
.................................................................... kind and or wish to aid such
.................................................................... people including cp traders

You are a supporter of the second
Amendment and have a CC license………….........You are a gun nut and a
....................................................................... danger to society
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Wed 3 Jul, 2013 10:41 am
@maxdancona,
Wow. Shocked You really are completely missing the point of Bill's thread. This isn't about Paula Deen and that ((yawn)) scandal du jour for the really celebrity fascinated. It's ab0ut not having to be accused of being the worst if one holds a slightly unpopular/mainstream position.

I have no interest in smoking pot AT ALL yet I believe it should be legalized. I am not a pothead.

I'm not sure I agree with Bill's other policy beliefs but I don't think because he holds those particular beliefs that he must be the worst of the worst in which everyone who doesn't hold the contrary beliefs needlessly charge those holding that particularly unpopular belief.

Don't people know what the word moderation means? Just because one's social or political beliefs aren't supporting one social or political extreme doesn't mean he/she is supporting the opposite extreme of that issue. Name calling isn't necessary and shouldn't be a weapon used to push a given point in debate. THAT'S BILL'S POINT for this thread NOT the particular details in which you have a social or political disagreement with the bloke.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 3 Jul, 2013 10:55 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

My point is Bill, that we should call things as they are. I don't know why you are so insistent on pushing political correctness-- if someone is a racist then why shouldn't we call them a racist?

I do....only bad acts should be crimes, and speech we dont like should almost never rise to a crime. and for "bad" ideas or beliefs being a crime, dont even get me started on what a bastardization of freedom that has become!

I dont see where the constitutional right to decide who we associate with aka like as any exception for doing it in groups...if I want to not associate with or like entire groups then that is with in my rights. if you dont think that is the way to go then by all means use your freedom to do something else. you live your life and I will live mine..that is the way it has to be when people are free from control by the bosses, which is a good idea.
0 Replies