Snowdon is a dummy

BillRM

Reply Thu 3 Dec, 2015 01:16 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
The Founding Fathers faced imprisonment for treason for what they wrote. You don't. You are just too chicken to use your real name.

Good theory but like most of your theories kind of worthless as for example the Federal papers was written after the revolution and still done so anonymity.

Next the founders who wrote during the war was in open rebellion against the crown so nothing they wrote would had placed them in any worse position with the crown an still they issue opinion papers anonymity in many cases.

Would you care for a list................

Footnote the battle between Jefferson and Hamilton over government policies during Washington two terms was fought under assume names.

I know Frank that you just hate the constitution and would prefer to live in a police state but until the constitution is done away with the courts had rule many times that the right to speak on public matters without revealing your ID is protected by the first amendment.

Quote:
https://www.eff.org/issues/anonymity

Anonymity
Many people don't want the things they say online to be connected with their offline identities. They may be concerned about political or economic retribution, harassment, or even threats to their lives. Whistleblowers report news that companies and governments would prefer to suppress; human rights workers struggle against repressive governments; parents try to create a safe way for children to explore; victims of domestic violence attempt to rebuild their lives where abusers cannot follow.

Instead of using their true names to communicate, these people choose to speak using pseudonyms (assumed names) or anonymously (no name at all). For these individuals and the organizations that support them, secure anonymity is critical. It may literally save lives.

Quote:
Anonymous communications have an important place in our political and social discourse. The Supreme Court has ruled repeatedly that the right to anonymous free speech is protected by the First Amendment. A frequently cited 1995 Supreme Court ruling in McIntyre v. Ohio Elections Commission reads:

Anonymity is a shield from the tyranny of the majority. . . . It thus exemplifies the purpose behind the Bill of Rights and of the First Amendment in particular: to protect unpopular individuals from retaliation . . . at the hand of an intolerant society.

The tradition of anonymous speech is older than the United States. Founders Alexander Hamilton, James Madison, and John Jay wrote the Federalist Papers under the pseudonym "Publius " and "the Federal Farmer" spoke up in rebuttal. The US Supreme Court has repeatedly recognized rights to speak anonymously derived from the First Amendment.

The right to anonymous speech is also protected well beyond the printed page. Thus in 2002 the Supreme Court struck down a law requiring proselytizers to register their true names with the Mayor's office before going door-to-door.

These long-standing rights to anonymity and the protections it affords are critically important for the Internet. As the Supreme Court has recognized the Internet offers a new and powerful democratic forum in which anyone can become a "pamphleteer" or "a town crier with a voice that resonates farther than it could from any soapbox."

The Electronic Frontier Foundation has been involved in the fight to protect the rights of anonymous speakers online. As one court observed in a case handled by EFF along with the ACLU of Washington, "[T]he free exchange of ideas on the Internet is driven in large part by the ability of Internet users to communicate anonymously."

We've challenged many efforts to impede anonymous communication both in the courts or the legislatures. We also previously provided financial support to the developers of Tor, an anonymous Internet communications system. By combining legal and policy work with technical tools we hope to maintain the Internet's ability to serve as a vehicle for free expression.
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 3 Dec, 2015 02:24 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM

I do not hate the Constitution...and I do not hate you either, Bill.

I enjoy you. You are laughable.

And I especially enjoy your attempts to compare yourself in any way with the Founding Fathers.

Anyway...the reason you do not use your full name here...is because you lack the courage to do so.

Hey...no problem. Like I said...it is entertaining to watch you try to pretend it is for other reasons...including because some of the Founding Fathers used aliases when writing the Federalist essays.
BillRM

Reply Thu 3 Dec, 2015 02:33 pm
@Frank Apisa,
My my so let go further with your silliness and that would mean by your logic that the vast majority of posters on this website that do not see fit to used their full legal names are cowards?

Love it as for some reason the founding fathers who wrote many times their opinions without using their names before and even many many years after the war are not cowards as they are after all the founding fathers. No reason given beyond the fact that they are founders.

But now you are calling almost everyone on this website cowards correct?
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 3 Dec, 2015 03:27 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

My my so let go further with your silliness and that would mean by your logic that the vast majority of posters on this website that do not see fit to used their full legal names are cowards?

One of the things I am going to say now is that your command of logic is no better than your command of English...and your command of English is abysmal.

I have not called anyone a coward...not you, not Snowden, and not "the vast majority of posters on this website."

I have said...and repeat: The reason you do not use your full real name, Bill, is because YOU do not have the guts to do so.

Quote:
Love it as for some reason the founding fathers who wrote many times their opinions without using their names before and even many many years after the war are not cowards as they are after all the founding fathers. No reason given beyond the fact that they are founders.

ASIDE: What you do to the English language should amount to treason!

Anyway...if you want to continue to compare yourself in any way with the Founding Fathers...I will continue to laugh out loud at you.

Quote:
But now you are calling almost everyone on this website cowards correct?

Nope. I am not calling anyone a coward.

I am saying (and I thank you for giving me the chance to repeat this one more time)...that the reason YOU do not use your full real name is because you do not have the guts to do it.
BillRM

Reply Thu 3 Dec, 2015 03:46 pm
@Frank Apisa,
My my talk about trying to play silly games as lacking in guts or not being brave enough is the same as calling someone a coward and once more you are calling the vast majority of posters on this website people lacking guts.

Come on Frank do not be a coward and not be brave enough to follow your own logic to it conclusion.

By your logic anyone who does not reveal their full legal name are lacking in guts and that would apply to almost everyone on this website.

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 3 Dec, 2015 04:24 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

My my talk about trying to play silly games as lacking in guts or not being brave enough is the same as calling someone a coward and once more you are calling the vast majority of posters on this website people lacking guts.

Come on Frank do not be a coward and not be brave enough to follow your own logic to it conclusion.

By your logic anyone who does not reveal their full legal name are lacking in guts and that would apply to almost everyone on this website.

You brought up your bravery, Bill...hoping that you could be as "brave and patriotic" as Edward Snowden.

I am saying YOU do not have the guts to use your full real name.

And you don't.
BillRM

Reply Thu 3 Dec, 2015 04:34 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:

And you don't.

So once more you are stating that anyone on this website who do not post under their full legal name are not doing so due to lack of guts.

That would apply to the vast majority of users of this site so almost no one here have the guts to post under their full legal name by your statements and logic.

I am likely known by BillRM by more people then by my legal name and as I am not planning to enter into any legal contracts with anyone on this
website my legal name is completely beside the point.

Giving out my SS number and or my legal name is once more pointless on a damn discussion board.
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 3 Dec, 2015 04:38 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
So once more you are stating that anyone on this website who do not post under their full legal name are not doing so due to lack of guts.

Live is already a risky business, who in their right mind takes on unneeded risk if they get nothing out of it?

Franks seems to have some screws loose.
BillRM

Reply Thu 3 Dec, 2015 04:59 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
Live is already a risky business, who in their right mind takes on unneeded risk if they get nothing out of it?

On both of those two statements I happen to agree with you.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 3 Dec, 2015 05:32 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Quote:

And you don't.

That would apply to the vast majority of users of this site so almost no one here have the guts to post under their full legal name by your statements and logic.

I am likely known by BillRM by more people then by my legal name and as I am not planning to enter into any legal contracts with anyone on this
website my legal name is completely beside the point.

Giving out my SS number and or my legal name is once more pointless on a damn discussion board.

Right...you do not have the guts to use your full real name.

I understand.

I just thought it was hilarious with you comparing yourself in any way with the Founding Fathers...and that sill wish, "I hope I could be as brave and patriotic as Edward Snowden."

Hell...you don't even have the guts to post your thoughts using your own name.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 3 Dec, 2015 05:37 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Quote:

I've written many letters-to-the-editor...and in every one I used my name and town. No newspaper would allow a letter without a name and city included.

I use my real name here.

The reason people like you and Bill don't want to use your full names...is because you lack the guts. And, of course, you want to rant and rage without having to identify yourselves.

http://a.abcnews.go.com/images/International/GTY_chickens_jef_131018_16x9_992.jpg
BillRM

Reply Thu 3 Dec, 2015 07:08 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
The reason people like you and Bill don't want to use your full names...is because you lack the guts. And, of course, you want to rant and rage without having to identify yourselves.

Our poor founding fathers have no guts or at least no guts compare to Frank.

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSj9KdTNf0wrQhnYfu4J1-kRHiyuAaVskcgRz4qrhetloJAm13gCw

Nor does the vast majority of this website members.

It does not take a lack of guts to decide that there is nothing for anyone to grain by using a legal name except for someone who would wish to used the information to harass you.

In fact if memory serve me correctly someone had stated that he would love to know the location of Hawkeye restaurant so he could go there and harass him.

BillRM

Reply Thu 3 Dec, 2015 08:37 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
I've written many letters-to-the-editor...and in every one I used my name and town. No newspaper would allow a letter without a name and city included.

LOL did you write those letters to the editor by the lights of a whale oil lamp using a quill pen?

I can not even remember the last time I read a letter to the editor section of a newspaper and it been months since I even read a hard copy paper. Lord and in the last century I can remember getting to work early and reading the local paper,while drinking coffee, cover to cover and now paper newspapers are small way overprice museum pieces.

If those letters to the editor of your that you seem so proud of was written in the last decade or so, my guess is that the total numbers of readers for your writings was less then a dozen.
RABEL222

Reply Thu 3 Dec, 2015 09:27 pm
@BillRM,
Unfortunately some people on this forum dont know the difference between lies, facts and opinion. And than there are the ones who lie as a matter of course because they dont realize how stupid it makes them look.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Fri 4 Dec, 2015 02:08 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:

People who never really say anything, except platitudes and tautologies?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 4 Dec, 2015 07:14 am
@BillRM,
Like I said...the reason you do not post with your full real name, Bill, is that you do not have the guts to do it.

I have to acknowledge that you do have the guts to compare yourself with the Founding Fathers. I delight in that. It is so funny!
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 4 Dec, 2015 07:20 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Quote:

LOL did you write those letters to the editor by the lights of a whale oil lamp using a quill pen?

I can not even remember the last time I read a letter to the editor section of a newspaper and it been months since I even read a hard copy paper. Lord and in the last century I can remember getting to work early and reading the local paper,while drinking coffee, cover to cover and now paper newspapers are small way overprice museum pieces.

If those letters to the editor of your that you seem so proud of was written in the last decade or so, my guess is that the total numbers of readers for your writings was less then a dozen.

Well...I guess your memory is not that great. Fifteen years ago, newspapers were regularly read...and letters-to-the-Editor were the way these kinds of discussions occurred. No quills or whale oil required.

And everyone who participated did so using their full name and location.

But here we have people like you who mouth off on all sorts of things...hiding behind anonymity.

You lack the guts to use your full name and location, Bill.

It's okay...and it is even okay for you to pretend you are "hoping to be as courageous as blah, blah, blah."

Hearing you do it provides laughs!
BillRM

Reply Fri 4 Dec, 2015 07:25 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
But here we have people like you who mouth off on all sorts of things...hiding behind anonymity.

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 4 Dec, 2015 07:28 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Quote:

Exactly.
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Fri 4 Dec, 2015 07:37 am
@Frank Apisa,
Usually I agree with a lot of what you say, but sometimes, you go too far and it's like you can't stop. I don't put my legal name or even hint exactly where I live on this forum, except to a few people on private message. If that makes me a coward or not brave, it really doesn't matter to me.

On the other hand, you are correct, Snowden once he was in a place beyond the reach of the US, said who he was and where he was at. BillM has not said who is he or where he lives. (I personally think it would have killed him to remain unknown but still have leaked that information. My own opinion.) Those are true simple statements. (not the opinion)
0 Replies