Why do I seem to attract old men???

chai2

Reply Thu 27 Jun, 2013 04:40 pm
so, you didn't know someone was as ancient as 30 until the 2nd time you went out, and he actually had to tell you?

I guess ignorance would have been bliss.

glitterbag

Reply Thu 27 Jun, 2013 10:42 pm
@chai2,
I don't understand this idea of men stopping you in the street. That frankly seems creepy. Are you taking classes in a university? Or do you have a regular job? Consider meeting people other places. I'm thinking networking thru school or work would put you in touch with younger people. I don't know if you live in a large city, small town or anything about you except you say old men stop you on the street. I'm not making a crack about you, just saying you need to broaden your circle. I haven't been a young woman in a long time, but I think there are a few things that never change, for instance men in their 30's dating women in their 20's. You're creeped out because you think they are old, but women in their own age bracket are too smart to deal with their silly antics, they hope you will think they are fun and sophisticated. They are not fun, they are "Peter Pans", well that's what my female friends called them, from the running boards of our model T's.
Charla

Reply Fri 28 Jun, 2013 02:30 am
@contrex,
Actually it seems like you need it more than I do. And a lesson about respect too.
I came here on my own free will looking for help and answers and you assume by my writing that I'm bragging or something along those lines.
Just because we're all stranger on the internet doesn't give you the right to come and judge me as up myself. If you have nothing better to say on a thread just walk away.
I did nothing wrong or offensive to anyone here so back off and go on with your life as it seems that you have this idea about me while you should remain impartial in your answer.
0 Replies

Charla

Reply Fri 28 Jun, 2013 02:39 am
@glitterbag,
I'm taking classes in university in a big city but I live in a small town.
It honestly creeps me out as one of them tried to convince me to go on a ride with him. Luckily there was someone else on the bus stop so he didn't get out of the car.
I'll be working part-time this summer so maybe my circle will be broadened. I don't know if there are many young people in call centers...
ossobuco

Reply Fri 28 Jun, 2013 07:26 am
@Charla,
So if a male your age tried to pick you up at a bus stop, you'd be just fine with it?
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Fri 28 Jun, 2013 08:53 am
@Charla,
Charla wrote:
I don't know if there are many young people in call centers.

Are you in India?
Setanta

Reply Fri 28 Jun, 2013 08:58 am
I used to try to pick up women at bus stops . . . until the transit police paid a visit to my home . . .
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Fri 28 Jun, 2013 09:43 am
@joefromchicago,
what are the odds?
joefromchicago

Reply Fri 28 Jun, 2013 10:22 am
@Ragman,
From what I've read and heard about male attitudes toward women in India, I think being approached by an older man on the street is the least of her worries.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Fri 28 Jun, 2013 03:01 pm
@Charla,
Charla, it is and always has been extremely dangerous to get in a car with strangers (young, old, male female). Law enforcement usually refers to these girls/women as Jane Doe #infinity. I don't know why you are attracting unwanted attention from apparently creepy strangers, but if you were my daughter we would having long talks about risky behaviour.

One other point, I do understand you came here on your own free will, but demanding respect while displaying a ton of attitude toward people who are trying to get you to open your eyes is not going to get you very far. I can remember when I was your age and smarter than everybody over the age of 30, however, if you are lucky you will grow out of that and live a full rich life.

I don't think call centers are rich in opportunity to network. It's hard work and call center personnel burn out quickly because most people hate hate hate dealing with call center calls. Try getting involved in some other things in your spare time. If you like animals, try volunteering at a local SPCA, find something positive and pay attention to the advice (even the smart ass stuff) some members have given you. I'm pretty sure every member here remembers vividly what is was like when they were 21, I'm equally sure you can't even imagine how much life will teach you when you reach the age of 30, 40 and yes beyond 40.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Wed 3 Jul, 2013 10:23 pm
@contrex,
Quote:
That was my intention - Charla that was meant for you!!!!

Sorry Frank!

That's what happens when your reading comprehension isn't up to snuff.
contrex

Reply Thu 4 Jul, 2013 10:51 am
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

That's what happens when your reading comprehension isn't up to snuff.

Hey! It's so flattering to have you stalking me around A2K to append snide remarks. Adderall wearing off?
JTT

Reply Thu 4 Jul, 2013 11:43 am
@contrex,
Quote:
Hey! It's so flattering to have you stalking me around A2K to append snide remarks.

Pretty lame, Contrex. A2K has this thing called New Topics where all are free to view and read the New Topics.

You picked a quarrel with a young lady and you caught yourself out, C. Remember this?

Charla: Someone needs a class of reading comprehension.

Contrex: Yes. You.

Then you proceeded to illustrate that your reading comprehension was, shall we say, not completely up to snuff. It's hardly the first time. See the link below.

This particular little outburst from you wouldn't have anything to do with the fact that you were schooled on another of your mistakes describing the English language, would it?

http://able2know.org/topic/217372-1#post-5375881
0 Replies