Why do I seem to attract old men???

Charla

Reply Thu 27 Jun, 2013 08:10 am
Hello, I'm a 21 year old woman and I kid you not about the question. I'm honestly wondering why. I never do anything to seduce them but they just have to stop me on the streets to make comments hoping that I'll go with them, wanting me to have some "fun", complimenting on my looks and style. I wear mostly jeans even in summer! The cleavage is not that deep, it's mostly my neck line and I don't walk around all happy and skipping.
Once I went on a date with a man I didn't know was a year away from 30 till the 2nd time we went out, this time as friends, where he told me and asked for my age. Thank my heart nothing happened on the 1st date and I couldn't feel attracted to him. He kept pushing for more than friendship so I said goodbye.
I don't know what I'm doing wrong... Is it because I'm a quiet person who likes to stay at home? Is it because I don't go out at night to drink or because I don't show enough skin for a young person?
I did all that while in my teens and at the end of 11 grade I got tired of it. Never really was much of a party girl to begin with...
If this goes on like this someone will make a movie about a 50 year old virgin trying to find love. I never meant to save myself for marriage, I just didn't want anyone in there.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 13 • Views: 1,954 • Replies: 32

Lordyaswas

Reply Thu 27 Jun, 2013 08:18 am
@Charla,
A year away from 30!!!

Were there not any tell tale signs, like him walking with the aid of a zimmer frame?
or false teeth in the kitchen?
Misplaced toupee?
Stopping for breath on the way to the car?

Really, you must make an effort to be more observant.

maxdancona

Reply Thu 27 Jun, 2013 08:30 am
@Lordyaswas,
In fairness, she didn't say in which direction.

0 Replies

Charla

Reply Thu 27 Jun, 2013 08:32 am
@Lordyaswas,
Thank you for your sarcasm.
Very mature and helpful.
I honestly thought it'd be rude for me to ask out of the blue.
Just so you know, before you make another sarcastic comeback I'm not interested in 30's, 40's, 50's and so on. I'm young so I want a young person also. I'm not interested yet in marriage.
roger

Reply Thu 27 Jun, 2013 08:45 am
@Charla,
Oh, don't worry about marriage. When an old guy, like 29 or 30, gets interested in a feminine type your age, he's not looking for a wife. He's trying to indenture a nurse maid.
Charla

Reply Thu 27 Jun, 2013 08:50 am
@roger,
LMFAO too bad for them I'm not studying to be a nurse.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Thu 27 Jun, 2013 09:07 am
@Charla,
Charla wrote:
I'm not interested in 30's, 40's, 50's and so on. I'm young so I want a young person also. I'm not interested yet in marriage.

So start frequenting places where you can encounter members of your own age cohort. If you don't like bars, there are plenty of social groups and activities that are designed for the young'ns like yourself. Enroll in a cooking class, participate in a kickball league, join a religious cult. Geez, this isn't rocket surgery or anything. If you don't like old guys, stop hanging around old guys. Either that or adjust your standards.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 27 Jun, 2013 09:10 am
@Charla,
Charla…if men actually stop you on the street because you are so attractive to them…surely the men in your sphere of friends (men closer to your own age) have that same reaction. Why not select 5 or 6 of the cutest, nicest men and let them know you are interested in a kind of Platonic, non-exclusive friendship/relationship.

Problem solved.

With your attractiveness…obviously interest by men of all ages will be a serious problem for some time to come. You must learn to deal with it. It is, I might mention, a problem many women would love to have.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Thu 27 Jun, 2013 09:54 am
Why not try this...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/17/china-hair-stockings_n_3455250.html
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Thu 27 Jun, 2013 10:15 am
@roger,
Quote:
When an old guy, like 29 or 30 ...

You too Roger,

I always thought of you as part of the over 30 crowd.

0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Thu 27 Jun, 2013 11:49 am
1. You may look older than 21.
2. You may look old.
3. You may move and look old.
4. You may look like you need attention.
5. You live in a neighborhood of perverts and old men.
6. You need to associated with younger people.
contrex

Reply Thu 27 Jun, 2013 11:59 am
@Charla,
Charla wrote:

Thank you for your sarcasm.
Very mature and helpful.

Honey, you call guys around 30 "old men", you're gonna get a certain amount of sarcasm, because it makes you sound kind of dumb, and kind of silly, and kind of, well, up yourself. Just saying.

contrex

Reply Thu 27 Jun, 2013 12:00 pm
@PUNKEY,
PUNKEY wrote:

1. You may look older than 21.
2. You may look old.
3. You may move and look old.
4. You may look like you need attention.
5. You live in a neighborhood of perverts and old men.
6. You need to associated with younger people.

7. You may have big tits.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Thu 27 Jun, 2013 12:24 pm
@contrex,
Yep,

... and how is Charla going to feel in 9 years when people start referring to her as an old woman.
0 Replies

Charla

Reply Thu 27 Jun, 2013 02:14 pm
@contrex,
Adding just saying to the end of a sentence doesn't make you sound smart and not up yourself either. Nothing in my post says I'm up myself or something like that. Someone needs a class of reading comprehension.
Sorry if I confused anyone, but by old man I was referring to the guys that stop me on the streets. The almost 30 was just older.
I actually hang around young people a lot. None of my friends is older than 25 and people say I look younger than 20. I think I just have bad luck.
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 27 Jun, 2013 02:19 pm
@Charla,
Charla wrote:

Adding just saying to the end of a sentence doesn't make you sound smart and not up yourself either. Nothing in my post says I'm up myself or something like that. Someone needs a class of reading comprehension.
Sorry if I confused anyone, but by old man I was referring to the guys that stop me on the streets. The almost 30 was just older.
I actually hang around young people a lot. None of my friends is older than 25 and people say I look younger than 20. I think I just have bad luck.

Sometimes "luck" is whatcha make it, Charla.

In golf, we have a saying about "luck:"

"The more I practice, the luckier I get."

Encourage some of the younger guys.

Stop with this lament: Why do I seem to attract old men?

Frankly, it comes off as a form of: Why don't I attract guys my own age?
contrex

Reply Thu 27 Jun, 2013 02:25 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Charla wrote:
Nothing in my post says I'm up myself or something like that.

Everything in your post says that.

Quote:
Someone needs a class of reading comprehension.

Yes. You.
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 27 Jun, 2013 02:48 pm
@contrex,
contrex wrote:

Charla wrote:

Quote:

Yes. You.

I wish you had addressed this to her!
maxdancona

Reply Thu 27 Jun, 2013 02:58 pm
@Charla,
What exactly is happening that you think is "bad luck"? I don't get what your problem is.
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Thu 27 Jun, 2013 03:54 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

contrex wrote:

Charla wrote:

Quote:

Yes. You.

I wish you had addressed this to her!

That was my intention - Charla that was meant for you!!!!

Sorry Frank!