Removing the barriers between church and state.

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 8 Jan, 2003 03:08 pm
c.i.- When I worked in the mental health field, we had to sign off on everything with our name and credential initials. Anyhow, I had this great kid working for me, and he definitely did not go for that hoity-toity stuff.

One day I checked his charts, and he had signed off as, John Jones, M.H.R. I asked him what that meant, and he said:

MEMBER OF THE HUMAN RACE! Laughing
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 8 Jan, 2003 03:49 pm
Well, let's see -- since homo sapiens appear to have come from Africa... Actually, I'm Dutch, English and Welsh. On my mom's side, Pennsylvania Dutch, on my Dad's side from the family tree, related to Daniel Boone (a great, great, great uncle). So I guess I should don a coonskin hat, take a photo and use it for an avatar! Can't get too much more American than that. Of course, on the Claybourne side of the family, we were slave owners and thieves. Don't hold that against me. SoI guess I could be a WAS.
Very Happy
0 Replies

Booman

Reply Wed 8 Jan, 2003 03:57 pm
Sure you can get more american than that. Kids, can you say...American Indian?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 8 Jan, 2003 03:58 pm
LW, Actually, you're kelt! Daniel Boone in your family tree makes you a "Booney Kelt." Wink c.i.

Phoenix, I deserve that! Wink c.i.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 8 Jan, 2003 04:21 pm
Actually, I do have trouble with the "elbow room" thing. When I've taken a trip to the Hawaiin islands and gotten out into the untreaded paths, I think I'm truly in paradise. Then I come out and take a boat out of Newport Harbor and it hits me -- the sea, now that's elbow room!
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 8 Jan, 2003 04:25 pm
True, Booman, the native Indians are the true Americans. Well, actually, anthropologists have come pretty close to proving they came from China over the land connection that still connected Alaska to Russia. We should really be the Columbians when you stop and think about it.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 8 Jan, 2003 04:28 pm
I don't think the Indians would like that, however, as Columbus isn't exactly beloved by them -- a subject of last season's "The Sopranos," of all places.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 8 Jan, 2003 05:16 pm
The whole WASP thing is really no longer relevant--if we can get rid of things like the Bush dyanasty. Anglo-Saxon Protestants are by nature white, so that part is rather silly; but my point is that the WASP old boys net which once had a death grip on power in this country has shruken considerably. Certainly things could be better, but the class of society referred to by the term WASP is fading from political and economic view as a power. Although many who would qualify for the description are still wealthy and powerful, cronyism by that sector is no longer effective. The areas which need to be addressed in our polity--racism and sexism primarily--are changing, albeit not as quickly as many think they should. I do truly believe that the designation WASP means less and less with each passing year.

Personally, i'm a WIC--White Irish Catholic. Of course i'm white, if i'm Irish, even the Black Irish are white. As for the Catholic part, the Church and I are no longer on speaking terms, much to the relief of all concerned.
0 Replies

Booman

Reply Wed 8 Jan, 2003 05:25 pm
And we must remember that we all started out in Africa...my "Homies" Cool Very Happy
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 8 Jan, 2003 05:27 pm
Yeah, an' ya know what, Boss, it just makes the rednecks go ballistic when ya tell 'em that . . .

heeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheehee . . .
0 Replies

Booman

Reply Wed 8 Jan, 2003 05:30 pm
Setana,
...I suppose your use of the lower case i, is a deliberate statement of modesty, and humility. Is that right?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 8 Jan, 2003 05:56 pm
i prefer to think of melself as a WASH- white anglo-saxon heathen
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 8 Jan, 2003 05:59 pm
If you doubt we all originated in Africa, just watch the tribal dances at a disco.
0 Replies

Booman

Reply Wed 8 Jan, 2003 06:05 pm
Let's not reveal this to Trent Lott. Poor guy's been through enough...His heart might not take it.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 8 Jan, 2003 06:10 pm
he has a heart?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 8 Jan, 2003 06:45 pm
Why don't we tell him, and let's see what happens! Twisted Evil
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 8 Jan, 2003 06:48 pm
dys, That's a good one! Thanks for the laugh. Wink c.i.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 9 Jan, 2003 11:17 am
Booman wrote:
Setana,
...I suppose your use of the lower case i, is a deliberate statement of modesty, and humility. Is that right?

A course, Boss, you'll not find anyone more modest, humble, etc., than i . . .

heeheeheeheeheeheeheehee . . .

okbye
0 Replies

Booman

Reply Thu 9 Jan, 2003 05:55 pm
O-okay, Setana,Iwalked into that one. Laughing
0 Replies

Booman

Reply Thu 9 Jan, 2003 05:57 pm
Dyslexia, and Phoenix,....O-o-o-ohh! Shocked
0 Replies