ITS LUNCHTIME SO IM SCREWIN OFF ON A2K

Reply Fri 21 Jun, 2013 10:33 am
Im havin a delishus Salami baloney sammich with velveeta, onion, and watercress on toast with RAYE"S wintergarden mustard.
Its a beautiful day .
Anybody got a better sammich?

roger

Reply Fri 21 Jun, 2013 10:38 am
@farmerman,
You're supposed to be retired. It's always lunchtime, and I bet you are always screwing off somewhere.
farmerman

Reply Fri 21 Jun, 2013 10:40 am
@roger,
no I still work henever it suits. Now Im so "Suited" Ive got some claims to research for the next 5 years.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Fri 21 Jun, 2013 10:43 am
@farmerman,
Monterey Jack cheese,, Wasa flatbread cracker and seasoned Kalamata olives.
roger

Reply Fri 21 Jun, 2013 10:51 am
@Ragman,
You sure? Kalamata sounds like something that might live in an ocean and have too many feet.
Ragman

Reply Fri 21 Jun, 2013 11:00 am
@roger,
hahaha!
For those who might not know their names, these are those yummy
black Greek olives.
farmerman

Reply Fri 21 Jun, 2013 12:07 pm
@Ragman,
I like them stuffed big green olives (stuffed with garlic cloves)
Second only to a mutton lettuce an tomato sammich, ya know, where da mutton is nice and lean mmmm nyum nyum nyum nyum (makes slurping noises with lips)
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Fri 21 Jun, 2013 12:28 pm
@farmerman,
Sliced turkey, slices of red onion, Kasseri cheese, 3 splots of mayo on challah bread.

Is it better than yours? It is to me because I'm eating it.

And what in the heck is 'watercress'? Sounds like one of those highfalutin
things the elite folks munch on in place of lettuce.

farmerman

Reply Fri 21 Jun, 2013 12:34 pm
@Sturgis,
I gotta get back up the hill but WATERCRESS??? that's a type of a peppergrass that grows in clean streams. It has a peppery cabbage taste with small crunchy leaves an while it IS a sub for lettuce (I hate most lettuces xcept Romaine and deer tongue). It adds a nice crunch and nice bite to any sammich.
It makes a nice sammich with a cheddar heese and mayo all by itself (on toast though)
Ragman

Reply Fri 21 Jun, 2013 12:58 pm
@farmerman,
Speaking of watercress:

I actually visited a watercress farm in the greater Tampa rural hinterlands. (Not that far away from the North American watercress capitol in Oviedo, nr Orlando FL) This farm tour was a surprise. This horse-radishy taste was very enjoyable to me (healthy for the blood as a purifier and alkalizer.)

However, a massive amount of this crop is speedily jet shipped to the UK and European markets. Being a sprout, it's highly perishable. It gets to their shelves within 48 hrs from field-to-shelf. We eat very little as a market. Also the domestic prices are way higher than, let's say, alfalfa sprouts so demand is lower as the US public is basically unaware of it and/or hasn't developed the taste for it in large numbers..
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 21 Jun, 2013 01:56 pm
@farmerman,
Watercress soup (made with potatoes) is good too.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 21 Jun, 2013 02:18 pm
@ossobuco,
Haven't had a sammich in a long time. Gonna have to visit Subway soon!~ Mr. Green
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Fri 21 Jun, 2013 03:08 pm
Brie with ham with a high falutin' mustard on a croissant.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Fri 21 Jun, 2013 03:11 pm
Farmerman, I'm glad Francis isn't here to see that you eat Velveeta. He would have a stroke right on the spot at the thought of your dastardly taste.
vonny

Reply Fri 21 Jun, 2013 03:12 pm
@farmerman,
Liver pâté with anchovies and olives on a fresh and crispy baguette ... so delicious ...
roger

Reply Fri 21 Jun, 2013 03:13 pm
@Diane,
I don't have strokes at the mention. I salivate.
roger

Reply Fri 21 Jun, 2013 03:14 pm
@vonny,
Well geeze, Vonny. You're British, which explains a lot. Like cucumber sandwiches.
Linkat

Reply Fri 21 Jun, 2013 03:14 pm
@farmerman,
glad i'm not sitting next to you
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 21 Jun, 2013 04:42 pm
@Diane,
There are some things that make Velveeta the choice "cheese". It is, of course, an artyfishal cheeseike substance of indeterminate origin , However, its taste, when combined with sammich salami and Rayes mustards, is superb. Cheeze Whiz is Velveeta without the hardening agents. It makes the BEST Philly cheese steaks
farmerman

Reply Fri 21 Jun, 2013 04:46 pm
@farmerman,
Today is sammich only day. I brought the RV bak from Delaware to the work site in VA and Mrs F is suggesting menus. For supper tonite I made a BLT with egg salad sammich. It was eggselent. I downed a half bottle of Woodchuck Amber hard coder. (I know, I know) Im dancing with danger, but I tossed the other half and in Va (and Delaware)we can buy single bottles of these things
0 Replies