ITS LUNCHTIME SO IM SCREWIN OFF ON A2K

farmerman

Reply Sat 22 Jun, 2013 09:17 am
@Diane,
I was all wired up from a dinner that woulda mmade Paula Deen proud.
I had a spot of GERS and was up from about 11 on. I did get about 2 hours and then took a shower, got some coffee and screamed up I 81. It was about a 6 hour drive (no stops)

Now Im still wired(my spelling gest worse cause I don't pay attention to the red line spell check) and Itll be an hour or so and Ill crash.I know me well. I get like Barney Fife and don't hut up and then all of a sudden I go out like a 200 watt bulb.
Diane

Reply Sat 22 Jun, 2013 09:20 am
@farmerman,
G'night. Bet you'll be ferociously hungry when you wake up.
farmerman

Reply Sat 22 Jun, 2013 09:23 am
@Diane,
Im still not sleepy though. I cant force myself to sleep. I used to pull all nighters for experiments we were running and I couldn't sleep till the next night.
Im like a frog that way. If I can see daylight, I swim around the pond like a maniac
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 22 Jun, 2013 09:24 am
It's still breakfast time here. I've been nibbling on an effort to make panforte gone wrong. I've figured out how to change the recipe for next time's effort, I think.

But, re lunch, I'm going to make up some sardines w/ louisiana hot sauce* fish cakes. Big Tailed Dog loves them and so do I. So, first to make mashed potatoes...

* Louisiana Hot Sauce is on the tame side
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 22 Jun, 2013 10:17 am
@ossobuco,
I love sardines - usually with crackers. Used to eat these by the ton while in the USAF. Never outgrew them.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 22 Jun, 2013 10:25 am
@cicerone imposter,
A good thing they're good for us, eh?
farmerman

Reply Thu 27 Jun, 2013 12:33 pm
@ossobuco,
still screwin off. Nothing has changed.

Lunch is over and Ive gotta get back to work, or do I?
Diane

Reply Thu 27 Jun, 2013 12:53 pm
@farmerman,
Hmmm, this will take some pondering.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 27 Jun, 2013 01:10 pm
@farmerman,
My wife made a turkey and cranberry sandwich on french bread. It was yummy.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 27 Jun, 2013 02:28 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
I was all wired up from a dinner that woulda mmade Paula Deen proud.

Black waiters in tuxedos?
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Fri 28 Jun, 2013 04:51 pm
@farmerman,
The olive oil comes in a tub of margarine by the brand name of Smart Balance. The peanut butter is just ground peanuts (nothing else), I grind it myself in the market's machine. Delicious. Trouble is I can't get my weight below 170 pounds because of my daily addiction to that sandwich. But it's worth it.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 28 Jun, 2013 04:57 pm
I came home and toasted some multigrain bread. Put four pats of butter on and drenched it with raw honey. It was so good I did it twice.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 28 Jun, 2013 05:23 pm
@edgarblythe,
I still like bread and butter and honey too, EB.

Today for breakfast-lunch I had the ravioli (or potstickers, whatever) that I made last night. I can never make more than ten (ate seven today) because of my attention deficit re rolling the dough. Filled them with a strange and wonderful refrigerator selection of stuff: previously cooked bacon cut up, canned tiny shrimp, prev. spiced green peppers, garlic, diced water chestnuts, fresh cabbage bits, and the odd sliver of garlicky green olive. Now, is that italo asian or what?

Used a soy sauce/hot sesame oil/mirin/tad chicken stock concoction for a dip. Oh, and steamed them, which turned out ok, first time I've done that.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 28 Jun, 2013 05:39 pm
@ossobuco,
I put honey in my coffee and tea - some times.
Ragman

Reply Fri 28 Jun, 2013 06:02 pm
@cicerone imposter,
As much as I like both coffee and honey, all experiments with combining the two and liking the taste have failed ..miserably. FWIW, I don't use white sugar any more but I do use raw sugar.

Oh, and I use no sardines as a condiment.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 28 Jun, 2013 06:22 pm
@Ragman,
I usually use fat free milk without any sugar in my coffee. That's one of the reasons I use honey to give it a little moderating sweetness when the coffee is very strong. I like strong coffee.
Ragman

Reply Fri 28 Jun, 2013 06:48 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I understand. My taste buds are wired just a bit differently. We certainly do agree about strong coffee.
farmerman

Reply Fri 28 Jun, 2013 07:04 pm
@Ragman,
Power was off again due to a series of very strong T storoms. These storms lasted for several hours and trees all over my woods are down(mostly because the ground was so saturated and the high winds blew em over like ripe wheat.
I counted about an acres worth (or ab

out 15% of the woodlot). Ill have to sell em on the stump and get what I can, or else cut em myself for lumber and firewood.

No eetricity , we did have a gas stove but Mrs F didn't want to open the fridge in case the power would be off for a day or more.
SO, it was a PIZZA supper (mushrooms, yellow peppers, double onions, and sliced tomatoes)
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 28 Jun, 2013 08:29 pm
@JLNobody,
I use a Land 'O Lanes concoction of butter and olive oil. Just as good, and maybe better butter.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 28 Jun, 2013 08:51 pm
I use Challenge butter, because they claim no growth hormones touch their cows and I consider butter better than oils.