Iran Elects Moderate(ish) President. Will it change anything?

JTT

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2013 10:23 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
"We haven't been speaking for 35 years," he said.

Why not start out with an apology, Kerry, for 35 and more years of terrorism against Iran?
0 Replies

Moment-in-Time

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2013 11:45 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:

There's definitely something missing.

Don't I know it!

Quote:
He has a very literalist view of everything, he has no understanding of nuance or concept of the absurd. His need to have the last word means he will continue posting, looking increasingly more ridiculous.

It's not easy to connect with those living in an alternate universe.....the poster has a real in-depth mental disorder, so bad, he could possibly run another mad if they continued responding to his unnecessary and tiresome manic monologue. I'm wondering why you're still trying to rationalize with him?...He will only cause further frustration.
JTT

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2013 11:47 am
@Moment-in-Time,
Moment-in-Time @ Izzy

sniff sniff lick lick lick
izzythepush

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2013 12:28 pm
@JTT,
Do you need someone to put you out for a ****?
JTT

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2013 12:40 pm
@izzythepush,
What we need, Iz, is for you to try some honesty for a change. Stop sniffing random butts hoping to enlist them in your little clique of butt lickers. There are already enough apologists for US & UK war crimes and terrorism.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2013 12:46 pm
@izzythepush,
Even with non agreement, I feel better about all this than I have in a long time.

At a basic level, I don't want any country to have nukes, including us, but the dog already went out the door with the canister in his teeth. I can also imagine that moderate iranians don't particularly want them either, or if they do, only want them as deterrent/balance, though may want nuclear power for energy. Even the radicals may only half heartedly want nukes. Naturally I don't know, since I don't follow all the goings on in Iran lately - though I do know iranians who have sometime since been living in California. Haven't talked with them lately either, so my comment is only a guess.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2013 12:48 pm
@JTT,
When you display some honesty you can start lecturing others.

With every post, you show yourself to be an even bigger nonce. Take a look in the mirror, there's something seriously wrong with you.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2013 12:48 pm
@ossobuco,
Missed yesterday's posts..
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2013 12:51 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
When you display some honesty

Says the self confessed liar. Says the guy who loves to get on a kick about the news of the day dictator but gives free passes to the UK and the US.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2013 12:52 pm
@ossobuco,
I do as well.

The Elephant in the room is Saudi Arabia, the Sunni/Shia divide could threaten the whole region.

Quote:
Sectarian tension between Shia and Sunni Muslims is probably the most serious threat to world security, according to Iran's foreign minister.

Speaking to the BBC, Mohamed Javad Zarif blamed some Sunni countries for what he called "fear-mongering".

"Some people have fanned the animosity for short-sighted political interests," he said.

Syria, Iraq and Pakistan are among the countries currently grappling with a surge in sectarian violence.

Mr Zarif said conflict between Sunnis and Shias was "the most serious security threat not only to the region but to the world at large".

"I think we need to come to understand that a sectarian divide in the Islamic world is a threat to all of us."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-24893808
JTT

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2013 12:55 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
The Elephant in the room is Saudi Arabia, the Sunni/Shia divide could threaten the whole region.

But the invasion of Iraq and Afghanistan by US and the Poodles means nothing.
0 Replies

Moment-in-Time

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2013 03:27 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:

Do you need someone to put you out for a ****?

ROTFLMFAO!!! Are you inferring JTT is on a leash?!? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

izzythepush

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2013 04:55 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
In his dreams.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2013 05:25 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
MiT @ Izzy - sniff sniff lick lick
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2013 06:00 pm
@izzythepush,
Yes to that - at least that it's a dangerous thicket. Not that I have any wisdom re what to do about it, and at least in part it's none of my business, they aren't my divisions; while looking at it re the chances for any kind of peace over time, it's all of our business. (I'm not interventionist, am saying I care about it.)
0 Replies

revelette

Reply Fri 22 Nov, 2013 07:23 am
Iran, six powers struggle to overcome snags in nuclear talks
izzythepush

Reply Sun 24 Nov, 2013 10:34 am
@revelette,
Quote:
Iran has agreed to curb some of its nuclear activities in return for about $7bn (£4.3bn) in sanctions relief, after days of intense talks in Geneva.

The deal will last for six months, while a permanent agreement is sought.

US President Barack Obama welcomed the deal, saying it would "help prevent Iran from building a nuclear weapon".

Iranian President Hassan Rouhani said Iran's right to uranium enrichment had been recognised. Israel, however, said the agreement was a "historic mistake".

World powers suspect Iran's nuclear programme is secretly aiming at developing a nuclear bomb - a charge Iran has consistently denied.

In a nationwide broadcast on Sunday, President Rouhani repeated that his country would never seek a nuclear weapon He hailed the deal, saying it met one of Iran's fundamental principles.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-25074729

**** the naysayers, this is good news.
revelette

Reply Sun 24 Nov, 2013 11:43 am
@izzythepush,
I totally agree, republicans in US congress are already squawking about it however.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 24 Nov, 2013 12:09 pm
@revelette,
A lot will be made of Israel's position, and the notion that Iran has been let off the hook, and Netanyahu sounded off as usual, but Shimon Peres struck a more conciliatory note.
revelette

Reply Mon 25 Nov, 2013 07:43 am
@izzythepush,
Democrats are squawking about it as well.

Lawmakers criticize Iran nuclear deal, warn of sanctions through legislation