We Have No Privacy, We Are Always Being Watched.

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 3 Jul, 2013 01:17 pm
@engineer,
engineer wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

We ask the government to keep us safe. They have decided that one way to do that is to monitor communications.

If we do not like the way they are doing it...we elect another government to keep us safe.

But what if they lie to our face when asked by Congress if they are doing it and make it a federal crime to discuss it with anyone? Are you able to elect another government if you are kept ignorant?

You can elect another government no matter what!

That is the way it works here. In November...they have an election...and you vote.

If you are looking to vote for politicians who do not lie...I would suggest moving to another country.

In fact, I would suggest moving to another planet!

That may seem crass...but think about it!
engineer

Reply Wed 3 Jul, 2013 01:27 pm
@Frank Apisa,
A vote cast in ignorance is meaningless. You can't vote to change what you don't know about.
engineer

Reply Wed 3 Jul, 2013 01:34 pm
@engineer,
Another quote about the mail program

Quote:
“It’s a treasure trove of information,” said James J. Wedick, a former F.B.I. agent who spent 34 years at the agency and who said he used mail covers in a number of investigations, including one that led to the prosecution of several elected officials in California on corruption charges. “Looking at just the outside of letters and other mail, I can see who you bank with, who you communicate with — all kinds of useful information that gives investigators leads that they can then follow up on with a subpoena.”

But, he said: “It can be easily abused because it’s so easy to use and you don’t have to go through a judge to get the information. You just fill out a form.”

For mail cover requests, law enforcement agencies simply submit a letter to the Postal Service, which can grant or deny a request without judicial review. Law enforcement officials say the Postal Service rarely denies a request. In other government surveillance program, such as wiretaps, a federal judge must sign off on the requests.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Wed 3 Jul, 2013 01:41 pm
@Frank Apisa,
You're pretty silly, Frank, not to mention dishonest. But you already know that.

Who advanced the propaganda found within these posts?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 3 Jul, 2013 01:47 pm
@engineer,
engineer wrote:

A vote cast in ignorance is meaningless. You can't vote to change what you don't know about.

Are you saying that if you knew a politician is a liar...you would not vote for him/her?

If so...just give up voting.
JTT

Reply Wed 3 Jul, 2013 01:48 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
You can elect another government no matter what!

That is the way it works here. In November...they have an election...and you vote.

If you are looking to vote for politicians who do not lie...I would suggest moving to another country.

In fact, I would suggest moving to another planet!

That may seem crass...but think about it!

Not at all crass, Frank, just abysmally silly. It's more of your propaganda. It's you, trying to pass off something that has [supposedly] never been the American way, as what should be the American way.

Or what should be the new reality, which of course, needs healthy doses of more silly propaganda to make it seem even close to reasonable.

0 Replies

JTT

Reply Wed 3 Jul, 2013 01:54 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Are you saying that if you knew a politician is a liar...you would not vote for him/her?

If so...just give up voting.

There's just no holding you back, Frank. You just get sillier and sillier.

But actually, this has been you for some time. You think it grand to give leaders free passes on all the war crimes, felonies, terrorist acts they commit.

Welcome to serfdom, Frank.

0 Replies

engineer

Reply Wed 3 Jul, 2013 01:55 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

engineer wrote:

No, I'm saying that if I am asked to vote for one candidate and I know nothing about any of the candidates, it is foolish to vote. Candidates can lie all they want if I have to ability to do my own research and test the veracity of their statements. If I'm denied all information, my vote is nothing more than a random mark.
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 3 Jul, 2013 02:33 pm
Drunk Drunk
JTT

Reply Wed 3 Jul, 2013 03:06 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I can't see that alcoholic beverages would be of any help to you in forming your arguments, Frank.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 3 Jul, 2013 03:13 pm
Drunk Drunk Drunk
JTT

Reply Wed 3 Jul, 2013 03:18 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Will Nancy help you or is AA required, Frank?

You are as fine an example as I've ever seen that propaganda has its limits.
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 3 Jul, 2013 03:23 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

Will Nancy help you or is AA required, Frank?

You are as fine an example as I've ever seen that propaganda has its limits.
Drunk Drunk Drunk Drunk
JTT

Reply Wed 3 Jul, 2013 03:25 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Your eloquence grows in leaps and bounds, Frank.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Wed 3 Jul, 2013 03:26 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Now this is a first!

Frank Apisa has run out of bullshit.

0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 3 Jul, 2013 03:34 pm
@engineer,
That is why I decided not to vote for state and county judges, several election cycles ago. It's just plain too difficult to dig out reliable information. I do wish the League of Women Voters were better funded. They seemed accurate and unbiased.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 3 Jul, 2013 03:35 pm
@revelette,
revelette wrote:

I really don't understand why you get personal with me, and why you kinda use the word "ya'll" a lot when addressing me.

She/he/it is just a nasty little person. Don't let it get to you.
JTT

Reply Wed 3 Jul, 2013 03:40 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Is there a particular reason you pulled Post: # 5,374,928, Frank?

You were just getting warmed up.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 3 Jul, 2013 03:43 pm
Drunk Drunk Drunk Drunk Drunk
JTT

Reply Wed 3 Jul, 2013 03:52 pm
@roger,
Quote:
She/he/it is just a nasty little person.

And I, Roger, am a saint.

Roger just loves it, Rev, when someone give him an opportunity to snipe. It reliefs him of having to honestly address anything. Honesty is definitely not one of Roger's long suits.
0 Replies