We Have No Privacy, We Are Always Being Watched.

JTT

Reply Sat 10 Aug, 2013 07:46 am
@engineer,
Why don't you address the real terrorism, Engineer, the long standing terrorism that has precipitated the retaliation? Why avoid the elephant in the room?
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sat 10 Aug, 2013 07:47 am
@Thomas,
Why don't you address the real terrorism, Thomas, the long standing terrorism that has precipitated the retaliation? Why avoid the elephant in the room?
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 10 Aug, 2013 08:23 am
@revelette,
revelette wrote:

Oh, well, by all means, we must keep the good will of internet hackers.

Well, yes, we must (or should). Who do you think the NSA hires to develop its systems? The hacker community is what keeps the gov up to date/speed on technology advancements. Hacking isn't just used for nefarious purposes.
JPB

Reply Sat 10 Aug, 2013 08:28 am
@revelette,
revelette wrote:

NSA head says agency working to reduce leaks by replacing people with machines

Well, out of all this, this to me at least, makes sense.

LOTS of discussion about this within the tech communities. As of yesterday 100% of the NSA sys admins are thinking there's a 90% chance of losing their jobs in the near future. How many Snowden's did that announcement just create?
revelette

Reply Sat 10 Aug, 2013 01:27 pm
@JPB,
You evidently have a different outlook on this than I do. I think we do need a way to find out who the terrorist are and their activities and one way to do that is by tracking them and their movements. If more safeguards need to be put in place, then I hope through a discussion and debate within congress, congress puts more in place. The administration seems open to that. Somehow I doubt congress does. It is much more easier to gripe about the system than try to fix it.

Hopefully with putting machines in place of the "Snowdens" there will be fewer people willing to illegally copy classified information and take it to other countries who do not have our best interest at heart.
spendius

Reply Sat 10 Aug, 2013 01:35 pm
@JPB,
Quote:
The hacker community is what keeps the gov up to date/speed on technology advancements.

That's a bit like saying that the fences in the Grand National are what keep the breeders and trainers of hunters up to the mark. So the hackers are making the snoopers better at it.

The difference is that the horses have to be whipped to run the Grand National course whereas the snoopers love snooping.

Thus the hackers are the enemy of privacy and only the friend of the segment of the snooped on who like to think they are not being snooped on even though they are being.

Necessity is the mother of invention.

The government also keeps the hackers up to speed.

The real enemy is, of course, the technology.

Lie back and think of England is not a choice just as it isn't a choice for the bride in the honeymoon suite.

It's quite amusing really. We might have to learn to be nondescript.

0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sat 10 Aug, 2013 06:00 pm
@revelette,
Quote:
think we do need a way to find out who the terrorist are and their activities and one way to do that is by tracking them and their movements.

An tracking every US citizen movement on the net is useful and needed to deal with a few middle east terrorists?

Along with all phone calls records and even all 160 billions snail mails envelopes cover front and back a year.

Sorry this go way beyond any possible need to deal with terrorist threats.

spendius

Reply Sun 11 Aug, 2013 05:21 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
Sorry this go way beyond any possible need to deal with terrorist threats.

You can afford to say that Bill because you won't be asked any tough questions if the terrorists pull off a big stunt. The next surprise. Which is being planned with significant determination.
BillRM

Reply Sun 11 Aug, 2013 05:39 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
Which is being planned with significant determination.

Right like the so call conference call between Al Qaeda senior leadership that we suppose to have intercepted dealing with very near future attacks.

Hell I could set up such a conference call that could not be tap so I am assuming that Al Qaeda could also do so.

That leave the following they was giving misinformation to the so call intelligence community or the US government is lying to the public to proved how needed is the mass spying on everyone programs.

Programs that is design far more to do massive spying on US citizens then to deal with terrorists that have any awareness of modern communication security.

0 Replies

JTT

Reply Mon 12 Aug, 2013 12:19 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
You can afford to say that Bill because you won't be asked any tough questions if the terrorists pull off a big stunt. The next surprise. Which is being planned with significant determination.

Given the UK and the US's long history of terrorist attacks, theft, brutality, slaughter against these peoples, can you blame them, Spendi?
spendius

Reply Mon 12 Aug, 2013 01:33 pm
@JTT,
That's too simple JT. There are skirmishes, battles and wars.

JTT

Reply Mon 12 Aug, 2013 09:30 pm
@spendius,
That's BS, Spendi. The UK and the US have been long standing terrorists and active war criminals.
BillRM

Reply Wed 14 Aug, 2013 12:26 pm
JTT

Reply Wed 14 Aug, 2013 12:42 pm
@BillRM,
From 8:30 on in the video, it highlights what a fascist state, what a totalitarian state the USA has become.

Freedom of speech, what a monstrous joke!

Remember sheeple, "you're either with us [US] war criminals and terrorists or you're against us".
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Wed 14 Aug, 2013 12:56 pm
@BillRM,
This is another Red Scare, a potent time for another Joe McCarthy to leap to the fore. I wonder why OmSigDavid isn't right in there.
spendius

Reply Wed 14 Aug, 2013 01:53 pm
@JTT,
Quote:
The UK and the US have been long standing terrorists and active war criminals.

Give me a break JT. I'm a Jane Austen fan. Every penny spent in Mansfield Park came from terrorising people. Her naval officers were only in it for the prizes. And it was made quite clear what the prizes were wanted for.

0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Fri 30 Aug, 2013 06:25 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

This is another Red Scare, a potent time for another Joe McCarthy to leap to the fore. I wonder why OmSigDavid isn't right in there.

Om Sig is far too old to be bomb thrower. He admits to being a red baiter for HUAC.
0 Replies