Is it egotistical to think that a God would die for you?

Greatest I am

Reply Mon 21 Aug, 2017 11:12 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

God did not "sacrifice his only begotten son." He slept for a few hours, and came back to life like everybody else when they sleep. Maybe, he just didn't have a dream.

We can likely never know for sure but to believe in the supernatural answer is to go into intellectual dissonance and to buy into substitutionary atonement the way Christians have to is to go into moral dissonance.

Even if a real Jesus Godman died for us, it would be immoral to accept his salvation. That quandary is why Bishop Spong says that that atonement ideology will kill Christianity. He does not use those exact words though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKNup9gEBdg

Ezekiel 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Deuteronomy 24:16 (ESV) "Fathers shall not be put to death because of their children, nor shall children be put to death because of their fathers. Each one shall be put to death for his own sin.

Ezekiel 18:20 (ESV) The soul who sins shall die. The son shall not suffer for the iniquity of the father, nor the father suffer for the iniquity of the son. The righteousness of the righteous shall be upon himself, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon himself.

Regards
DL

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 21 Aug, 2017 03:32 pm
@Greatest I am,
That is really funny to me~! It talks about sin and death. The fact of the matter is, once we have life, death is inevitable. There's been so many dates the christians determined on Jesus second coming, it's really a sorry joke for those who continue to believe in such hokey pokey.
There have been many natural disasters on this planet that killed almost everybody in its path. These disasters prove that no god exists, and only nature exists. The most religious people have been the victim of natural disasters. That should be a clue. Many religious people die every day from accidents. There is no god to protect them.

Past and future predictions of Jesus' second coming. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Predictions_and_claims_for_the_Second_Coming_of_Christ
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Mon 21 Aug, 2017 03:38 pm
...a more sophisticated version would wonder about Nature "dying" for an atom or a small change in the laws of physics...but we already know the answer to that one don't we...

...ppl like to matter so much... and guess what, they do...as much as an atom!
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 21 Aug, 2017 03:57 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
To provide another analogy, we are a speck thousands of times smaller than a speck of sand. The majority of us will be forgotten after the first generation is gone.
0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Tue 22 Aug, 2017 10:09 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

That is really funny to me~! It talks about sin and death. The fact of the matter is, once we have life, death is inevitable. There's been so many dates the christians determined on Jesus second coming, it's really a sorry joke for those who continue to believe in such hokey pokey.
There have been many natural disasters on this planet that killed almost everybody in its path. These disasters prove that no god exists, and only nature exists. The most religious people have been the victim of natural disasters. That should be a clue. Many religious people die every day from accidents. There is no god to protect them.

Past and future predictions of Jesus' second coming. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Predictions_and_claims_for_the_Second_Coming_of_Christ

Christianity is indeed a funny ideology.

I would laugh if it did not hurt so many people like gays and women.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Reply Tue 22 Aug, 2017 10:11 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil Albuquerque wrote:

...a more sophisticated version would wonder about Nature "dying" for an atom or a small change in the laws of physics...but we already know the answer to that one don't we...

...ppl like to matter so much... and guess what, they do...as much as an atom!

You can love an atom as easily as another human. Ok.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 22 Aug, 2017 10:31 am
@Greatest I am,
You bring up another good point. Christians believe homosexuals are sinners. Who determined that? What has sex have to do with religion? Doesn't the character of the individual matter more than sex? Why must religion go into the private bedrooms of people who love each other? That's the real "sin."
auroreII

Reply Tue 22 Aug, 2017 06:16 pm
@Greatest I am,

auroreII wrote:

You exist for ever, that is not a positive in my opinion. It would become hell to exist for eternity.

I didn't write that. Check again. I was quoting someone else.
0 Replies

auroreII

Reply Sun 27 Aug, 2017 04:11 pm
@Greatest I am,
DL,
You said , "But if I were foolish enough to read your myth literally, Satan would know that she did not have God's power to create and just wanted freedom from the tyranny of heaven."
You seem to be reading a lot into what I wrote. The bible says Satan roams the earth seeking those he can devour and you want me to believe he's just misunderstood?

You said, "Do you believe in freedom or do you think we should all be slaves to your God which is what he demands of us?"
I believe in freedom. I love that this whole country is based on procuring freedom for everyone, but what is it that they say, "freedom isn't free". As I understand it, the bible says that we can either be a slave to Jesus or a slave to sin. Do you think that there are people who are slaves to sin as the bible says in Roman's 6:20?
The New Living Translation says of Romans 6:20, "When you were slaves to sin, you were free from the obligation to do right." According to this it would seem a slave to sin is someone who chooses to do what they want without any feeling of the stigma of wrong doing or without any moral obligation. Is that what you refer to as tyranny, not being able to always do what you want? It seems a person will either do right or do wrong- serve righteousness or sin. I don't think there is a third option, is there? The bible says that a man cannot serve two masters. Matthew 6:24 -"No one can serve two masters: Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other." Some people may feel that there are different degrees of sin, some not so bad as others. If a person does something bad how little of something bad can they do for it to be deemed good? It doesn't seem it ever can be. Sin is sin. It sure didn't seem fair to me that people should die for sin, especially people who live trying to be a good person. People aren't perfect. I think that it would be tyranny to expect imperfect people to be perfect. But it seems the bible is telling us we don't have to die for being sinners, we are set free in Christ. God loves us and He has freed us from the slavery of sin. He does this through his son Jesus. We are not perfect, but we have forgiveness of our sins through Christ Jesus who paid the price for our sins. John 3:16 We are free, but that freedom wasn't free. It cost Jesus his life. We don't have to be perfect. We can't be perfect. We have forgiveness when we screw up, BUT that does not give us license to sin; instead let us grow in the love of Jesus. He's a pretty good example for us of how God wants us to be.

You said, "A & E were mentally blind, stupid and ignorant. They had their eyes closed and were not bright enough to know they were naked, is how scriptures put it. How in hell is that perfect to you?
Why did God put Satan, as the talking serpent in Eden if he did not want Eve to be tempted. He already knew that she could not resist his own power flowing through Satan. Right? Yet God himself says that they have become as Gods in the knowing of good and evil. That says that A & E gained a moral sense."
I find this statement of yours fascinating. You seem to be suggesting that maybe God wanted to teach us something about morality and about our being the sons of God. I know there are those here who believe the story of Adam and Eve are a myth of something that happened long ago. As for me, I tend to see Adam and Eve as representatives of us all. "Choose ye this day whom you will serve." That sentiment is echoed from Adam and Eve on down through the bible. They may have gained a moral sense, but the question is would they follow it?

Rev. 12:9 says that Satan and his cohorts were cast down to earth. I don't recall seeing or hearing anything about reports of beings that supposedly look like those pictures that you mention are in the vatican. I've never seen or heard of any little red men with horns and pitchforks running around either. So where are they? Just my thoughts, but maybe, just maybe the devil's presence has something to do with that age old question, "Choose ye this day whom you will serve." Joshua 24:15
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 27 Aug, 2017 08:36 pm
@auroreII,
Simply put, I believe in freedom from religion. There are thousands of religions out there. Take your pick; they're all phony.
Greatest I am

Reply Mon 4 Sep, 2017 12:17 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

You bring up another good point. Christians believe homosexuals are sinners. Who determined that? What has sex have to do with religion? Doesn't the character of the individual matter more than sex? Why must religion go into the private bedrooms of people who love each other? That's the real "sin."

Religions seek to control the thinking of people. That would include our sexual thoughts. Religions are also keen to create false guilt so as to loosen the purse strings of the gullible.

That is why religions create someone to hate, like gays, and discriminate against them without ever showing a just cause.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Mon 4 Sep, 2017 12:38 pm
@auroreII,
auroreII wrote:

Quote:
DL,
You said , "But if I were foolish enough to read your myth literally, Satan would know that she did not have God's power to create and just wanted freedom from the tyranny of heaven."
You seem to be reading a lot into what I wrote. The bible says Satan roams the earth seeking those he can devour and you want me to believe he's just misunderstood?

No. I want you to recognize a mythical imaginary creature from real ones.

Quote:

You said, "Do you believe in freedom or do you think we should all be slaves to your God which is what he demands of us?"
I believe in freedom. I love that this whole country is based on procuring freedom for everyone, but what is it that they say, "freedom isn't free". As I understand it, the bible says that we can either be a slave to Jesus or a slave to sin. Do you think that there are people who are slaves to sin as the bible says in Roman's 6:20?

So you like the freedom here while working to enslave yourself after you leave here. Strange that you would want to downgrade your existence from free man to slave.

As to slave to sin. Now why would a God create us to be slaves to anything?

Is that what you would do, given God's power?

Quote:
The New Living Translation says of Romans 6:20, "When you were slaves to sin, you were free from the obligation to do right." According to this it would seem a slave to sin is someone who chooses to do what they want without any feeling of the stigma of wrong doing or without any moral obligation. Is that what you refer to as tyranny, not being able to always do what you want? It seems a person will either do right or do wrong- serve righteousness or sin. I don't think there is a third option, is there?

Moral, immoral and amoral are usually used to gage moral issues.

All moral issues are subjective so there is no one size fits all.

Quote:
The bible says that a man cannot serve two masters. Matthew 6:24 -"No one can serve two masters: Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other." Some people may feel that there are different degrees of sin, some not so bad as others. If a person does something bad how little of something bad can they do for it to be deemed good? It doesn't seem it ever can be. Sin is sin.

No. See above.

Quote:
It sure didn't seem fair to me that people should die for sin, especially people who live trying to be a good person. People aren't perfect. I think that it would be tyranny to expect imperfect people to be perfect. But it seems the bible is telling us we don't have to die for being sinners, we are set free in Christ.

Only if you accept his immoral tenet of substitutionary punishment and if you do, you show satanic morals.

Quote:
God loves us and He has freed us from the slavery of sin.

I see this as a lie. Stop saying what you cannot know to be true.
Quote:

He does this through his son Jesus. We are not perfect, but we have forgiveness of our sins through Christ Jesus who paid the price for our sins. John 3:16 We are free, but that freedom wasn't free. It cost Jesus his life. We don't have to be perfect. We can't be perfect. We have forgiveness when we screw up, BUT that does not give us license to sin; instead let us grow in the love of Jesus. He's a pretty good example for us of how God wants us to be.

Check your moral sense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKNup9gEBdg

Quote:
You said, "A & E were mentally blind, stupid and ignorant. They had their eyes closed and were not bright enough to know they were naked, is how scriptures put it. How in hell is that perfect to you?
Why did God put Satan, as the talking serpent in Eden if he did not want Eve to be tempted. He already knew that she could not resist his own power flowing through Satan. Right? Yet God himself says that they have become as Gods in the knowing of good and evil. That says that A & E gained a moral sense."
I find this statement of yours fascinating. You seem to be suggesting that maybe God wanted to teach us something about morality and about our being the sons of God. I know there are those here who believe the story of Adam and Eve are a myth of something that happened long ago. As for me, I tend to see Adam and Eve as representatives of us all.

Finally. A bit of sense.

So tell us, are we more perfect with a moral sense or without one?

I say we are better with a moral sense and that that is likely why Jews see Eden as our place of elevation. That was reversed by less intelligent Christians.

Quote:
"Choose ye this day whom you will serve." That sentiment is echoed from Adam and Eve on down through the bible. They may have gained a moral sense, but the question is would they follow it?

Do you follow yours?

Quote:
Rev. 12:9 says that Satan and his cohorts were cast down to earth. I don't recall seeing or hearing anything about reports of beings that supposedly look like those pictures that you mention are in the vatican. I've never seen or heard of any little red men with horns and pitchforks running around either. So where are they? Just my thoughts, but maybe, just maybe the devil's presence has something to do with that age old question, "Choose ye this day whom you will serve." Joshua 24:15

If there is no real Satan, what makes you think there is a real Jesus?

You seem to cherry pick what you want to read literally or not.

Are all the biblical characters fictional if even some are?

Logic would say yes, even if they had some historical reality. Right?

Regards
DL

auroreII

Reply Sun 10 Sep, 2017 11:38 am
@cicerone imposter,

I believe that people should have the right to believe what they want to believe. That's why I support Amnesty International which I'll happily encourage others here to support.

auroreII

Reply Sun 10 Sep, 2017 11:43 am
@Greatest I am,
DL

I watched the utube video you posted of Bishop John Shelby Spong. Thanks. Religions, heck all people, have different beliefs so I can't say I agree with his assessment of all religions or how he regards that they may have determined such beliefs. I try to look to the bible and not necessarily religion, but I'm hardly an expert on the bible. I do love what Bishop Spong had to say about love and Christ and what he feels should be the embodiment of Christ and love in the lives of believers. It seems to follow very closely with what the bible has to say about self sacrifice, growing in Christ, loving your neighbor as yourself and loving God as you evolve into the fullness of what God wants you to be. I would have to say some of the most christian people I know live their lives in such a way.

Bishop Spong says that the belief that we are all sinners is a guilt trip that stands in the way of our growth in the love of Christ. It seems that's how he regards it and to some extent that is probably true. The bible says we are not to put stumbling blocks in the way of others coming to that fullness of God spoken about above, and I'd also have to include we should not be putting them in front of ourselves as well. Probably this is best summed up by the bible's admonishment to "judge not". Guilting others or ourselves would seem like it could be a huge stumbling block that we or others are somehow unworthy of God's love and forgiveness. "Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in his brother's way." Don't judge others and don't judge ourselves unworthy of loving or being loved by God. Romans 8:38-39. Yet maybe there is more to the acknowlegement that we are sinners than a guilt trip. Having moral laws helps to protect our society from lawlessness. Guilt does seem to serve a purpose in that it can bring about repentence causing a person to stop sinning and reverse behavior that may be harming others or themselves. Are you perfect? Many believe only God is perfect. Acknowleging that we are all sinners as the bible says makes us all equal in the eyes of God. It exposes religions and ,well, all groups that have a holier than thou attitude which demand its followers achieve a perfection that cannot be met. It seems this idea that we must meet a perfect standard can be a stumbling block too. So is it wrong to say we are all sinners? To say we are all sinners is a confession that we are not perfect. It should humble us. To say we are all sinners is to see others as less than perfect too. It allows us to forgive them rather than hold them to a perfection that we have not always been able to achieve ourself (Romans 2:1). Jesus said it best when he told those pharsees about to stone a harlot for her sins, "He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her." It stopped them in their tracks when they realized they had sins for which they needed forgiveness too. Can there be love if there is no forgiveness? Forgiving and loving someone who hurts you can be one of the hardest things to do. Jesus did it. He forgave us all from the cross. When we accept that forgiveness for ourselves it wipes away the guilt of not being perfect and allows love to grow. Well, that's how I see it.

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 10 Sep, 2017 11:50 am
@auroreII,
People have the right to believe what they wish. We can observe that in religion and politics.
How many gods are currently worshipped on earth. https://www.quora.com/How-many-gods-are-currently-worshipped-on-earth
0 Replies

cameronleon

Reply Sun 10 Sep, 2017 06:36 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:

Interesting.

You have fallen in a vicious circle of nonsense.

First, not only Christians but anyone who believe in the God of the bible might consider homosexuals as sinners.

They do so, because the bible establishes that a man lying with another man as it does with a woman, such is abomination, and deserves the death penalty. This sexual union is a fault, doing wrong, it goes against what is right.

Then, is God the one who has determined homosexuality as wrong, as faulty, as an act against of what is right.

According to the bible, by reading its laws, precepts, statutes, the act of sex has a lot to do with religion.

The character of an individual includes his sexual behavior. You can have a great singer or a great politician, but if his sexual behavior is about having sex with minors or with animals, the integrity of his personality is in doubt.

I agree with you, that a person is free in loving to whoever he wants to be in love with. If the laws of society allows the sexual act between two men or between two women, then such must be tolerated by the rest.

Keep in mind, that this is not "acceptance" but tolerance. If someone rejects such a homosexual behavior, this person has the complete right to do so.

The same as well homosexuals don't want anyone to interfere with what they do in their beds, homosexuals as well must avoid to interfere with others who follow the path of nature and couple a man with a woman.

To be more clear, it is unconstitutional the teaching of sex in schools because such is private to each individual, and this is a teaching deserved to parents only. And if parents fail to teach about it, then the government can't participate anyway, because such is not a duty from the government.

On the other hand, churches are private organizations, and churches can teach about sex to religious and non religious people.

Second, the word "sin" is practically a religious word, and is related to a disobedience to a God, a fault against the doctrines of a religion.

Of course, today its meaning has been expanded to scenarios other than religious, however still is a word which is related to religion.

And last but not least. The anus and rectum are part of the digestive system of our bodies. The muscles located in this area, allow the exit of excrement and impede the entrance of foreign objects.

When the anus is used as an entrance of a male organ, there is resistance because such is not what nature made the anus for.

Of course you can force the entrance of a male organ thru the anus, but doing so you are going against nature.

Obviously, the God of the Bible knew more biology than the current supporters of homosexuality, who seem to ignore that sexual act between two men breaks the way nature made the human body.

If you prefer going against nature, that is also your own decision, but remember that biology is not on your side.

Remember that you can also use the orifices of your nose for drinking orange juice but that your body will suffer negative consequences.

0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Mon 11 Sep, 2017 01:58 pm
@auroreII,
auroreII wrote:

DL

I watched the utube video you posted of Bishop John Shelby Spong. Thanks. Religions, heck all people, have different beliefs so I can't say I agree with his assessment of all religions or how he regards that they may have determined such beliefs. I try to look to the bible and not necessarily religion, but I'm hardly an expert on the bible. I do love what Bishop Spong had to say about love and Christ and what he feels should be the embodiment of Christ and love in the lives of believers. It seems to follow very closely with what the bible has to say about self sacrifice, growing in Christ, loving your neighbor as yourself and loving God as you evolve into the fullness of what God wants you to be. I would have to say some of the most christian people I know live their lives in such a way.

Bishop Spong says that the belief that we are all sinners is a guilt trip that stands in the way of our growth in the love of Christ. It seems that's how he regards it and to some extent that is probably true. The bible says we are not to put stumbling blocks in the way of others coming to that fullness of God spoken about above, and I'd also have to include we should not be putting them in front of ourselves as well. Probably this is best summed up by the bible's admonishment to "judge not". Guilting others or ourselves would seem like it could be a huge stumbling block that we or others are somehow unworthy of God's love and forgiveness. "Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in his brother's way." Don't judge others and don't judge ourselves unworthy of loving or being loved by God. Romans 8:38-39. Yet maybe there is more to the acknowlegement that we are sinners than a guilt trip. Having moral laws helps to protect our society from lawlessness. Guilt does seem to serve a purpose in that it can bring about repentence causing a person to stop sinning and reverse behavior that may be harming others or themselves. Are you perfect? Many believe only God is perfect. Acknowleging that we are all sinners as the bible says makes us all equal in the eyes of God. It exposes religions and ,well, all groups that have a holier than thou attitude which demand its followers achieve a perfection that cannot be met. It seems this idea that we must meet a perfect standard can be a stumbling block too. So is it wrong to say we are all sinners? To say we are all sinners is a confession that we are not perfect. It should humble us. To say we are all sinners is to see others as less than perfect too. It allows us to forgive them rather than hold them to a perfection that we have not always been able to achieve ourself (Romans 2:1). Jesus said it best when he told those pharsees about to stone a harlot for her sins, "He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her." It stopped them in their tracks when they realized they had sins for which they needed forgiveness too. Can there be love if there is no forgiveness? Forgiving and loving someone who hurts you can be one of the hardest things to do. Jesus did it. He forgave us all from the cross. When we accept that forgiveness for ourselves it wipes away the guilt of not being perfect and allows love to grow. Well, that's how I see it.

You heard what Spong said but did not understand if if you still think Jesus died for you.

Ezekiel 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Deuteronomy 24:16 (ESV) "Fathers shall not be put to death because of their children, nor shall children be put to death because of their fathers. Each one shall be put to death for his own sin.

Ezekiel 18:20 (ESV) The soul who sins shall die. The son shall not suffer for the iniquity of the father, nor the father suffer for the iniquity of the son. The righteousness of the righteous shall be upon himself, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon himself.

Having another innocent person suffer for the wrongs you have done, --- so that you might escape responsibility for having done them, --- is immoral.

"So is it wrong to say we are all sinners? To say we are all sinners is a confession that we are not perfect."

Then you doubt that you are created by God because a God would create all things perfect.

Gnostic Christians, in a sense, are better Christians than Christians because we see the evolving perfection of reality all around us.

Gnostic Christian Jesus said, "If those who attract you say, 'See, the Kingdom is in the sky,' then the birds of the sky will precede you.
If they say to you, 'It is under the earth,' then the fish of the sea will precede you.
Rather, the Kingdom of God is inside of you, and it is outside of you.
[Those who] become acquainted with [themselves] will find it; [and when you] become acquainted with yourselves, [you will understand that] it is you who are the sons of the living Father.
But if you will not know yourselves, you dwell in poverty and it is you who are that poverty."

Regards
DL
cameronleon

Reply Tue 12 Sep, 2017 08:24 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:

Having you in such an insolent behavior against God and nothing bad is happening to you, that... that is the sure evidence that God exists and beyond this existence, that God is good.

You talk the same way about me and the less it can happen to you is a black eye.

See?

God exists and He loves you.
cameronleon

Reply Tue 12 Sep, 2017 08:56 pm
If this topic is about Jesus, then no God died for you, but the Son of God did it.

Why the Son of God died for you?

Because even when you obeyed all the laws, commandments, precepts, statutes given by God, you had no chance for eternal life.

The reason is because at one moment in your life you committed a sin anyway, even if committing sin was by ignorance.

Then, it was a requirement that for obtaining the privilege of having eternal life, you should have been perfect.

Of course everybody can be pertecf, terfect, but not perfect.

This dude Jesus opened the door when he passed the test, apparently he didn't commit a single sin, and he was to be sacrificed in order to fulfill the requirement given by God.

Don't ask me why God loved too much this issue of blooding deaths, probably is his "thing", you know, his hobby, something that causes Him some pleasure, who knows, perhaps bleeding on the floor might have some chemical reaction that we can't understand.

The point is that Jesus died to open the door to eternity.

His death cleans up sins, but with the meaning of a new beginning. This is to say, before no one made it, everybody was buried after death.

Look at the apostles, a bunch of sissy cowards who hid themselves when their Master was tortured and killed. But, after they saw the Master resurrected, then they stop being afraid and faced death with the hope of being resurrected as it happened with their Master.

Several witness of the resurrected Jesus did spread the news, and followers faced death without being afraid but with hope in resurrection one day.

To me, as the method of obedience alone didn't work, God added faith -from humans- and mercy -from Him- so other humans might have the chance of eternal life.

Jesus did a great thing according to the Scriptures, good for him.

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 12 Sep, 2017 09:22 pm
@cameronleon,
It's not insolent behavior; it's living in reality. There are no gods; men created all of them in many cultures around the world. The christian god follows mythology of a virgin birth that happened long before the christian god came on the scene.
http://www.weekendcollective.com/all-the-gods-born-to-virgins-on-december-25-before-jesus-christ/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anu

Human evolution. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_evolution

Why would any god appear 200,000 years after humans evolved into what we are today?