Is it egotistical to think that a God would die for you?

High Strangeness

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2016 06:26 pm
@Greatest I am,
Quote:
I agree that Jesus is not God but I have a hard time convincing Christians of that regardless of the quote you and I use.

Yes many so-called "christians" are wacko, I was pressured off a "christian" forum only recently for upsetting them; they didn't ban me outright but the snooty mods kept closing some of my threads and deleting some of my posts so I walked.
That happens to me in Atheist forums too..Smile
Greatest I am

Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2016 11:25 am
@High Strangeness,
High Strangeness wrote:

Quote:
I agree that Jesus is not God but I have a hard time convincing Christians of that regardless of the quote you and I use.

Yes many so-called "christians" are wacko, I was pressured off a "christian" forum only recently for upsetting them; they didn't ban me outright but the snooty mods kept closing some of my threads and deleting some of my posts so I walked.
That happens to me in Atheist forums too..Smile

The more fundamental a site, the more they will ban anyone who does not have his head up their God's ass.

Catholics are bad for this as well as the right wing protestant camps. I have a list of those in my banned me file. Two sites banned me before I even had a chance to post, just because of my avatar name.

I am surprised that an atheist site gave you any grief.

Regards
DL
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2016 02:00 pm
@Greatest I am,
I can't tell yet whether you're donald trump or mohamed ali.
0 Replies

trichakra

Reply Mon 3 Oct, 2016 12:03 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Who told you that Jesus is not god?
neologist

Reply Mon 3 Oct, 2016 08:32 pm
@trichakra,
trichakra wrote:
Why Jesus, of course.
I'll quote him for you since you probably missed it:
Quote:
My food is to do the will of him who sent me and to finish his work. (John 4:34)
There's more, if you need it.
Smileyrius

Reply Tue 4 Oct, 2016 04:43 am
@neologist,
I like Mark 10:18 personally, but there are a plethora
0 Replies

momoends

Reply Tue 4 Oct, 2016 10:44 pm
@count markovalley,
all that is pure and sacred it is for its own merits, Christians have nothing to do with it. Civilization existed long before Christianity and were not beasts at all.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2016 10:53 am
@momoends,
It makes me wonder why humans would believe in a god that shows up centuries after man evolved from primates.
Krumple

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2016 01:39 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

It makes me wonder why humans would believe in a god that shows up centuries after man evolved from primates.

It's a clever and honest question but most ibelievers think everything started six thousand years ago. So no evolution and science has everything wrong. I've even been told that God sped up the light from distant galaxies so we could see them, then reset the speed of light to its current setting. Essentially there is no lengthy a believer will go to, to invent nonsense so it doesn't disrupt their belief. Although there is mounds of evidence that prove the earth is older than six thousand years and the human genome is too diverse to have obscured in six thousand years. But once again you invoke the magician God to snap his fingers to give the illusion that things required millions of years.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2016 10:53 pm
@Krumple,
Scientists have aged this planet at 4.6 billion years.
http://dnr.louisiana.gov/assets/TAD/education/BGBB/1/measuring.html
0 Replies

auroreII

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2016 06:14 pm
Hmm- Is it egotistical to think that a God would die for you?
How about is it humbling to think that a God would die for you?
Each seems to say something different about the person doing the thinking.
I know some egotistical people- holier than thou types and I know some humble caring people.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2016 07:27 pm
@auroreII,
It's not dying.
auroreII

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2016 10:51 pm
@cicerone imposter,
What's not dying?
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2016 11:31 pm
@auroreII,
If he continues his life after his so-called death, that's called sleep, not death.
Smileyrius

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2016 06:12 am
@cicerone imposter,
I think the difference would lie somewhere in the realm of cognitive existence. Jesus was supposedly not alive for 3 days, and after three days he was ressurected.
He did however, echo your sentiments on a couple of occasions where he raised Lazarus and the daughter of Jairus, when he spoke of them as sleeping.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2016 11:46 am
@Smileyrius,
Being dead for three days means brain function is dead.
InfraBlue

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2016 02:20 pm
@cicerone imposter,
In the Lazarus story, he had been dead for four days and there was already the stench of putrification (John 11:39) . Jesus raised a zombie.
Smileyrius

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2016 08:54 am
@cicerone imposter,
I agree
0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2016 09:07 am
@trichakra,
trichakra wrote:

Likely an intelligent person who laughs at the idea that a God can die.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2016 09:12 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Sigh.

Have you forgotten that Jesus walked with the dinosaurs.

It must be true as the flat earthers say it is. Kidding.

Regards
DL
0 Replies