19
   

Is it egotistical to think that a God would die for you?

 
 
Xocolatl
 
  2  
Reply Tue 28 Mar, 2017 07:03 am
@Johnjohnjohn,
So is God God, the Son or The word or The Spirit?

I say the Bible gets more confusing every time I read it.

As for the topic:

I believe it's quite strange to think that God who is omniscient would make such a mistake by creating humanity that He needs to kill His only Son to correct it.

That makes no sense to me at all, no matter which angle I use to look at it. So that's the end of Christian logic for me.
cicerone imposter
 
  3  
Reply Tue 28 Mar, 2017 10:25 am
@Xocolatl,
It is a conflict in logic. Why would any creator, knowing that his creation is going to commit sins, sacrifice his only begotten son? It wasn't even a sacrifice; he came back to life; a short sleep. It defies logic.

The bible puts the life of planet earth at 7000 years old, but we know through science that it's existence is closer to 4.5 billion years old. Also, homo sapiens has a life span of about 200,000 years, not 7000 years.

From Wiki:
Quote:
Early hominins—particularly the australopithecines, whose brains and anatomy are in many ways more similar to ancestral non-human apes—are less often referred to as "human" than hominins of the genus Homo.[5] Several of these hominins used fire, occupied much of Eurasia, and gave rise to anatomically modern Homo sapiens in Africa about 200,000 years ago.[6][7] They began to exhibit evidence of behavioral modernity around 50,000 years ago. In several waves of migration, anatomically modern humans ventured out of Africa and populated most of the world
Fil Albuquerque
 
  1  
Reply Tue 28 Mar, 2017 10:29 am
@cicerone imposter,
Naaaah...there is a deeper plot...God loves soap opera !
0 Replies
 
coluber2001
 
  2  
Reply Tue 28 Mar, 2017 11:03 am
Sacrifice has a strange effect on people. The Plains Indians sustained themselves on the Bison, the American buffalo. Food, clothing, and shelter depended on the Bison. Yet, they revered the Bison for the sacrifice these animals made for them, considered them sacred, and felt compelled to perform elaborate rituals in their honor.
Greatest I am
 
  2  
Reply Tue 28 Mar, 2017 06:10 pm
@Xocolatl,
Xocolatl wrote:

So is God God, the Son or The word or The Spirit?

I say the Bible gets more confusing every time I read it.

As for the topic:

I believe it's quite strange to think that God who is omniscient would make such a mistake by creating humanity that He needs to kill His only Son to correct it.

That makes no sense to me at all, no matter which angle I use to look at it. So that's the end of Christian logic for me.


They have their own logic. It is expressed as follows.

Martin Luther.
“Faith must trample under foot all reason, sense, and understanding.”
“Reason is a whore, the greatest enemy that faith has.”

Here is a more modern Christian view.

http://imgur.com/IBroXK9

Regards
DL

Greatest I am
 
  2  
Reply Tue 28 Mar, 2017 06:16 pm
@coluber2001,
coluber2001 wrote:

Sacrifice has a strange effect on people. The Plains Indians sustained themselves on the Bison, the American buffalo. Food, clothing, and shelter depended on the Bison. Yet, they revered the Bison for the sacrifice these animals made for them, considered them sacred, and felt compelled to perform elaborate rituals in their honor.


Many ancient people venerated nature and thanked the animals they killed for dying to sustain them. Everywhere from the high arctic to the deserts.

If we keep soiling our nest, I think we will be sorry soon.

The antibiotic are already letting us down because that life thrives in dirty nests we are creating.

Regards
DL

0 Replies
 
whirlingmerc
 
  0  
Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2017 10:10 pm
@Greatest I am,
There is some semantics going on

Jesus died for the greater glory of God
showing mercy to us is just close to the apex of God's glory
so.... Jesus died for God's glory as an overarching first purpose and to that end died for us... but as a secondary reason

"He leads me in paths of righteousness for His name sake'
Ps 22
Xocolatl
 
  2  
Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2017 10:18 am
@Greatest I am,
Thanks I know that my way of thinking would be called Satanic by most of them.

As reason is indeed the greatest enemy of (most) faiths.
cicerone imposter
 
  2  
Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2017 11:42 am
@whirlingmerc,
Jesus did not die. It was a long sleep by human standards, unless you're in a coma.
jcboy
 
  3  
Reply Sat 8 Apr, 2017 02:06 pm
Good heavens! These son's a bitches are more demonic than any dark world creatures. Fear, retaliation, revenge, punishment, such a wonderful display of unconditional love. I sure hope both them have had medical procedures to inhibit having offspring. Razz

Evangelical Leader Says Those Who Oppose Trump Could Be “Punished” with Gay Child

Quote:
Donald Trump may be an adulterer, he may be crude, and he may have cheated people out of the money he owed them. If you doubt that Donald Trump is God’s chosen leader, however, you may be inviting misfortune upon yourself and succeeding generations of your family according to some Evangelical leaders. Mary Colbert for one, is certain of this:

“It’s not that Donald Trump is all that perfect of a guy. We all know he’s not. And we know that he’s not necessarily perfect in every way that we would like. That’s not how God works. He works through the ones he chooses. We don’t choose them.”

“All we have to do is recognize them and when you recognize a chosen one and you have the discernment to know that they’ve been chosen and know that that’s the will of God, then your life will be blessed. And if you come against the chosen one of God, you are bringing upon you and your children and your children’s children curses like you have never seen. It puts a holy fear in me.

cicerone imposter
 
  2  
Reply Sat 8 Apr, 2017 02:11 pm
@jcboy,
Trump's approval rating is one of the lowest for the first 100 days. I'm satisfied with the poll numbers.
Greatest I am
 
  -1  
Reply Mon 17 Apr, 2017 02:24 pm
@whirlingmerc,
whirlingmerc wrote:

There is some semantics going on

Jesus died for the greater glory of God
showing mercy to us is just close to the apex of God's glory
so.... Jesus died for God's glory as an overarching first purpose and to that end died for us... but as a secondary reason

"He leads me in paths of righteousness for His name sake'
Ps 22


So Jesus died for his own glory. And you think that to be a good cause.

I guess you do not recognize that you are just using Jesus as your scapegoat and that is why what you are doing is immoral.

Having another innocent person suffer for the wrongs you have done, --- so that you might escape responsibility for having done them, --- is immoral.

You ignore a lot of your bible if you do not repent.

Ezekiel 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Deuteronomy 24:16 (ESV) "Fathers shall not be put to death because of their children, nor shall children be put to death because of their fathers. Each one shall be put to death for his own sin.

Ezekiel 18:20 (ESV) The soul who sins shall die. The son shall not suffer for the iniquity of the father, nor the father suffer for the iniquity of the son. The righteousness of the righteous shall be upon himself, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon himself.

Give your moral argument against those scriptures so that I can easily refute it.

Regards
DL

0 Replies
 
Greatest I am
 
  0  
Reply Mon 17 Apr, 2017 02:25 pm
@Xocolatl,
Xocolatl wrote:

Thanks I know that my way of thinking would be called Satanic by most of them.

As reason is indeed the greatest enemy of (most) faiths.


Indeed as faith cannot best logic and reason.

Hence what Martin Luther said.
“Faith must trample under foot all reason, sense, and understanding.”
“Reason is a whore, the greatest enemy that faith has.”

Regards
DL
0 Replies
 
Greatest I am
 
  0  
Reply Mon 17 Apr, 2017 02:28 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Jesus did not die. It was a long sleep by human standards, unless you're in a coma.


That and a bit of R & R in hell for an eternal entity, he would have seen as a good holiday from an otherwise boring existence.

Regards
DL

0 Replies
 
Greatest I am
 
  0  
Reply Mon 17 Apr, 2017 02:30 pm
@jcboy,
jcboy wrote:

Good heavens! These son's a bitches are more demonic than any dark world creatures. Fear, retaliation, revenge, punishment, such a wonderful display of unconditional love. I sure hope both them have had medical procedures to inhibit having offspring. Razz



Those dick-wads must belong to this church.

Death to Gays.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyuKLyGUHNE

Regards
DL
0 Replies
 
Greatest I am
 
  0  
Reply Mon 17 Apr, 2017 02:32 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Trump's approval rating is one of the lowest for the first 100 days. I'm satisfied with the poll numbers.


I am usually a small l liberal and will have to wait a bit before deciding if I like Trump's stance on gays, health care, Islam and war before I make my final judgement.

He talks a fairly good social agenda but has yet to do anything good.

Regards
DL
cicerone imposter
 
  1  
Reply Mon 17 Apr, 2017 03:15 pm
@Greatest I am,
Trump is a flip-flopper. Nobody knows where he stands.
https://www.google.com/amp/woodtv.com/2017/04/15/ap-fact-check-president-trumps-flip-flops-flub-the-facts/amp/
Greatest I am
 
  0  
Reply Mon 17 Apr, 2017 03:26 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:


He sees that as a strength and not a weakness but I think he should try a bit harder when it is non-security issues.

To most though, he is (starting) to be seen as incompetent and lacking in knowledge.

Regards
DL


cicerone imposter
 
  2  
Reply Mon 17 Apr, 2017 03:34 pm
@Greatest I am,
That s not a strength when our allies are confused and worried.
Greatest I am
 
  1  
Reply Mon 17 Apr, 2017 07:30 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

That s not a strength when our allies are confused and worried.


It is also confusing our enemies and I think that that may be helpful at this point in time.

It shows the rest of the world and their leadership that the West can and might just possibly look into doing something about enforcing the worlds laws.

We will have to wait a bit to see if trump has the stones to be top cop.

Regards
DL
 

Related Topics

 
Copyright © 2020 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 08/03/2020 at 09:19:12