7

Is it egotistical to think that a God would die for you?

Greatest I am

1  
Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2016 09:18 am
@auroreII,
auroreII wrote:

Hmm- Is it egotistical to think that a God would die for you?
How about is it humbling to think that a God would die for you?
Each seems to say something different about the person doing the thinking.
I know some egotistical people- holier than thou types and I know some humble caring people.

The thing is that the ones with the super egos will have to be disappointed when they reach heaven, and have to slave themselves to their, now, hero.

The humble, with their super egos, can just continue to be humble.

My bottom line is that if Jesus did not stay dead, he did not sacrifice much and for an eternal being, three days in hell would be a nice change and R & R.

Regards
DL

Greatest I am

1  
Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2016 09:21 am
@Smileyrius,
Smileyrius wrote:

I think the difference would lie somewhere in the realm of cognitive existence. Jesus was supposedly not alive for 3 days, and after three days he was ressurected.
He did however, echo your sentiments on a couple of occasions where he raised Lazarus and the daughter of Jairus, when he spoke of them as sleeping.

Indeed since in his Jewish tradition, there was no hell.

It took Christianity and their penchant for false guilt to invent a place for immoral infinite torture for a finite sin, even though scriptures call an eye for an eye close to justice.
.
Regards
DL

Greatest I am

1  
Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2016 09:23 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Being dead for three days means brain function is dead.

In humans, for sure but not for a God. He does not play by mortal rules.

Regards
DL

Greatest I am

1  
Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2016 10:18 am
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:

In the Lazarus story, he had been dead for four days and there was already the stench of putrification (John 11:39) . Jesus raised a zombie.

No. Just a guy with a flatulence issue.

Regards
DL

Christian0912

1  
Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2017 11:27 pm
@Greatest I am,
God never died. He has never died. He never will die. Jesus did die though, and I am going to assume, that you got a little confused with your facts. Jesus isn't a God. That's why he could be injured, why he feared and ultimately why he could die.
You use the analogy of a slave-master dying for his slave. A fair enough one too. But what you are forgetting is the purpose of why Jesus died for us. If we were perfect Jesus wouldn't have to die for us. Assuming you don't already know, Jesus died in order to take away the sins of every man and woman living on the world before and after that moment. A slave-master would never die for his slave without a reason. If there was a good enough reason, I have non doubt that one would do it. Jesus died to save us all from death.
So your question cannot be answered properly because it is starting of on the wrong foot.

Christian0912

1  
Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2017 11:30 pm
@Greatest I am,
There is probably something that could inflate an ego, for some people.
I do know for a fact that your ego can not be inflated any more since your name is: Greatest I am.
That's pretty arrogant, and egotistic. Don't you think?
auroreII

1  
Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2017 11:26 pm
@Christian0912,
I don't think that it's bad for someone to think they are great. Look at Mohammad Ali.
Sorry if someone gets the wrong idea from my post.