Is it egotistical to think that a God would die for you?

Greatest I am

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2016 09:18 am
@auroreII,
auroreII wrote:

Hmm- Is it egotistical to think that a God would die for you?
How about is it humbling to think that a God would die for you?
Each seems to say something different about the person doing the thinking.
I know some egotistical people- holier than thou types and I know some humble caring people.

The thing is that the ones with the super egos will have to be disappointed when they reach heaven, and have to slave themselves to their, now, hero.

The humble, with their super egos, can just continue to be humble.

My bottom line is that if Jesus did not stay dead, he did not sacrifice much and for an eternal being, three days in hell would be a nice change and R & R.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2016 09:21 am
@Smileyrius,
Smileyrius wrote:

I think the difference would lie somewhere in the realm of cognitive existence. Jesus was supposedly not alive for 3 days, and after three days he was ressurected.
He did however, echo your sentiments on a couple of occasions where he raised Lazarus and the daughter of Jairus, when he spoke of them as sleeping.

Indeed since in his Jewish tradition, there was no hell.

It took Christianity and their penchant for false guilt to invent a place for immoral infinite torture for a finite sin, even though scriptures call an eye for an eye close to justice.
Regards
DL
0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2016 09:23 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Being dead for three days means brain function is dead.

In humans, for sure but not for a God. He does not play by mortal rules.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2016 10:18 am
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:

In the Lazarus story, he had been dead for four days and there was already the stench of putrification (John 11:39) . Jesus raised a zombie.

No. Just a guy with a flatulence issue.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Christian0912

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2017 11:27 pm
@Greatest I am,
God never died. He has never died. He never will die. Jesus did die though, and I am going to assume, that you got a little confused with your facts. Jesus isn't a God. That's why he could be injured, why he feared and ultimately why he could die.
You use the analogy of a slave-master dying for his slave. A fair enough one too. But what you are forgetting is the purpose of why Jesus died for us. If we were perfect Jesus wouldn't have to die for us. Assuming you don't already know, Jesus died in order to take away the sins of every man and woman living on the world before and after that moment. A slave-master would never die for his slave without a reason. If there was a good enough reason, I have non doubt that one would do it. Jesus died to save us all from death.
So your question cannot be answered properly because it is starting of on the wrong foot.
Christian0912

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2017 11:30 pm
@Greatest I am,
There is probably something that could inflate an ego, for some people.
I do know for a fact that your ego can not be inflated any more since your name is: Greatest I am.
That's pretty arrogant, and egotistic. Don't you think?
auroreII

Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2017 11:26 pm
@Christian0912,
I don't think that it's bad for someone to think they are great. Look at Mohammad Ali.
Sorry if someone gets the wrong idea from my post.
0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Sun 19 Mar, 2017 04:58 pm
@Christian0912,
Christian0912 wrote:

God never died. He has never died. He never will die. Jesus did die though, and I am going to assume, that you got a little confused with your facts. Jesus isn't a God. That's why he could be injured, why he feared and ultimately why he could die.
You use the analogy of a slave-master dying for his slave. A fair enough one too. But what you are forgetting is the purpose of why Jesus died for us. If we were perfect Jesus wouldn't have to die for us. Assuming you don't already know, Jesus died in order to take away the sins of every man and woman living on the world before and after that moment. A slave-master would never die for his slave without a reason. If there was a good enough reason, I have non doubt that one would do it. Jesus died to save us all from death.
So your question cannot be answered properly because it is starting of on the wrong foot.

You are starting on the supernatural and fantasy foot and say that I am the one on the wrong foot. How droll.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Sun 19 Mar, 2017 05:01 pm
@Christian0912,
Christian0912 wrote:

There is probably something that could inflate an ego, for some people.
I do know for a fact that your ego can not be inflated any more since your name is: Greatest I am.
That's pretty arrogant, and egotistic. Don't you think?

That from one who calls himself Christian0912.

Kettle calling the pot black.

You lie with your name, according to what Jesus said.

You cannot be a true Christian as then you would be able to do as Jesus did and your own arrogance from believing you have the only true God has condemned to.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sun 19 Mar, 2017 05:05 pm
@Greatest I am,
If "he" died for goood for me, (or anyone else) I would thank mother nature. Very Happy
Greatest I am

Reply Sun 19 Mar, 2017 05:22 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil Albuquerque wrote:

If "he" died for goood for me, (or anyone else) I would thank mother nature. Very Happy

She controls life and death for sure. Inadvertently of course.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 19 Mar, 2017 05:26 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
He didn't die; he slept for a couple of days. According to biological science, once the brain is dead, it's kaput.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sun 19 Mar, 2017 05:36 pm
@cicerone imposter,
...oh I wasn't talking Christ the "sleeping beauty"...I was talking bout the big beard old man up there. If there is one master puppeteer pulling some strings on a Human simulation world, he surely is not all mighty not all knowing. If he needs to think and use words it isn't perfect. Minds are required to question search n learn...if god has a mind he is just a bigger monkey. So I rather look at the big deal above and that is Nature in all its timeless extension of order n logic. No need for talking smarter monkeys...
Gods, if there are any, are just as silly as we are at an upper layer of stupidity.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 19 Mar, 2017 06:20 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
I'm in agreement about god(s). Man(and not women) created thousands of them. All worshipped with furvor. The $64 thousand dollar question; which is the true God?
Greatest I am

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2017 04:11 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil Albuquerque wrote:

...oh I wasn't talking Christ the "sleeping beauty"...I was talking bout the big beard old man up there. If there is one master puppeteer pulling some strings on a Human simulation world, he surely is not all mighty not all knowing. If he needs to think and use words it isn't perfect. Minds are required to question search n learn...if god has a mind he is just a bigger monkey. So I rather look at the big deal above and that is Nature in all its timeless extension of order n logic. No need for talking smarter monkeys...
Gods, if there are any, are just as silly as we are at an upper layer of stupidity.

We are definitely made in God's image and yes, the Gods on offer do not seem to be bright or moral.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2017 04:14 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

I'm in agreement about god(s). Man(and not women) created thousands of them. All worshipped with furvor. The $64 thousand dollar question; which is the true God?

As a Gnostic Christian, I use the name for God that Moses did. Not that he really existed.

I am. And yes, that means me.

We follow what Karaite Jews follow, which is the notion that God is a person.

They, like me, put man above God. Why not? We create them.

Regards
DL

0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 27 Mar, 2017 09:31 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
Undoubtedly, one you have so far ignored.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 27 Mar, 2017 12:23 pm
@neologist,
Not ignored. Studied and concluded there is no evidence for any god(s) man has created. They are all (100%) imaginary.
The Bible is filled with omissions, errors and contradictions.
This planet, according to scientists, is 4.5 billion years old; not 7000. All known science supports this conclusion.
More dependable than a 2000 year old fictional book.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 27 Mar, 2017 12:29 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Many who support the Bible say, we're not supposed to arrive at a literal interpretation. What?
One of god's 10 laws is "thou shalt not kill." BUT, if a Christian finds a non- believer - whether family or friend, you must slay them.
http://www.atheistrev.com/2005/03/bible-commands-christians-to-kill.html?m=1
Greatest I am

Reply Tue 28 Mar, 2017 05:47 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Many who support the Bible say, we're not supposed to arrive at a literal interpretation. What?

Some do not read the bible literally, so they say, but they must read it literally in part to end in believing in a literal Jesus.

Some do recognize that seeking God was better before most Christians and Muslims became idol worshipers of their imaginary Gods.

http://bigthink.com/videos/what-is-god-2-2

Further on this.

http://www.pbs.org/moyers/journal/03132009/watch.html

Rabbi Hillel, the older contemporary of Jesus, said that when asked to sum up the whole of Jewish teaching, while he stood on one leg, said, "The Golden Rule. That which is hateful to you, do not do to your neighbor. That is the Torah. And everything else is only commentary. Now, go and study it."

Please listen as to what is said about literal reading.

"Origen, the great second or third century Greek commentator on the Bible said that it is absolutely impossible to take these texts literally. You simply cannot do so. And he said, "God has put these sort of conundrums and paradoxes in so that we are forced to seek a deeper meaning."

Regards
DL
0 Replies