Is it egotistical to think that a God would die for you?

Jasper10

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2021 11:10 pm
@bulmabriefs144,
It simple ….either there is or isn’t a God…if there isn’t then it doesn’t matter one way or the other if you HOPE whether there is or isn’t.

If there is a God then you either accept or reject what that God says in HOPE.

There are many Gods portrayed….take your choice…and choose to either accept or reject what is said about that God.

There is no sitting on the fence about it…one either chooses to accept or reject.It’s black or white….There is no grey….just as there is no nearly perfect or nearly imperfect.
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2021 03:19 am
@NealNealNeal,
NealNealNeal wrote:

Why did you stop believing? Did you fail to consider how much God loved Israel in the OT? Did you fail to realize that God is ALMIGHTY and not a egotistical MAN? Was it the inconsistencies of the Catholic Church? Was it the weaknesses of American Christians in general? Was it that God is not restrained by physical laws (which He created). Is it that you don't want to be accountable to a Holy God?

None of those things.

I just grew up and became an adult...and wanted to be more honest. So I switched from being what you call "a believer" to simply acknowledging that I do not know if any gods exist or not.

What problem do you have with being truthful?

What problem does your god have with being truthful?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2021 03:28 am
@bulmabriefs144,
bulmabriefs144 wrote:

I wouldn't call this logical.

He's basically a hard agnostic, asserting the position of classical skepticism (i.e. "no one can know anything") to religion.

I have no problem with soft agnosticism, but hard agnosticism is basically atheism in disguise, a sort of way to say "well I never really said God doesn't exist..." Which in turn, to my way of thinking is essentially nihilistic copout. I guess I'm thankful that he's not participating in mass murders (I guess I call that good), but his life seems depressingly bleak and pointless. And he works hard to try to snuff it out in others.

I am currently watching His Dark Materials, and I get the same sense from most of these people. I know the writer is an avowed atheist that has crazy notions about angels and original sin, but ummmm... this intercision process of splitting people from their daemons seems far more like what atheists try to do to people, separating them from their faith.

Quote:
Then, they separate children from their daemons — a painful, often fatal process called intercision. Since daemons are an extension of a person’s soul, intercision is akin to a lobotomy. Even if a person survives the process, he’s stripped of vitality. What is the purpose of intercision?

To the Church, Dust is a very, very bad thing. It’s physical evidence of Original Sin. Dust first landed on humans after Adam and Eve made the conscious decision to eat the forbidden fruit in the Garden of Eden. After that act, the Church believes humankind was irrevocably fallen. Dust is a reminder.

After the intercision process, Dust no longer settles on a person. That’s because her mind is completely closed to thoughts, choice, and vitality; she shuffles along purposelessly. The Gobblers aren’t saving kids. What the Gobblers are really doing is killing their spirits, and often their bodies.

We hear atheists talk about how Christians are "brainwashing" kids. Right. Because atheist adults seem so happy and adjusted. Half of them are in wokeness parades protesting problems that don't exist (climate change isn't real). The other half seem to be so caught up in YOLO weirdness that they essentially throw their lives away on crazy risks and addictions. Christian kids? They go to church. When society is healthy, they work, get married, settle down and raise families. When it isn't, they usually wind up getting martyred while just trying to live a normal life. Again, not Frank Apisa. But he's also got worldview that I'd honestly find too gloomy to function. I guess he does by not examining it too closely. I'm already insane, so no thanks, don't want what he's selling.

Not sure why you think my "worldview" is gloomy at all. I consider myself to be one of the luckiest people on the planet. I am happy and content...and live a very satisfying life. At 85 years of age, I sill am fit and have a spring to my step. I got up late today...6 am and will head to the golf course for a round in about an hour or so. Then I will do yard work.

What is gloomy about my life? Do you suppose because I say that I do not know if gods exist...it means I am living a gloomy life?

I do not know if there are any sentient beings living on any of the planets circling the nearest 25 stars to Sol. Do you think I am gloomy because of that?

Your comment just does not make sense to me.

I JUST DO NOT KNOW IF ANY GODS EXIST OR NOT.

Same questions for you that I just asked of Neal:

What problem do you have with being truthful?

What problem does your god have with being truthful?
bulmabriefs144

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2021 05:33 am
@Frank Apisa,
Wait until you get on your deathbed though.

You see, that luck isn't luck. It's favor. Someone out there favors you. No, I'm not talking about God, I'm talking about territorial ruling elite. The Powers and Dominions (in case you wonder why I'm capitalizing this, they're a class of angels) of this world see fit to keep people happy. Now, lest you think I mean that this is some sort of "demons trying to trick you into Hell thing", no that's not what I mean. Nor is it like sheep kept fat for a slaughter, though it seems to me you have spent a long portion of your life selling out and not asking questions.

You don't understand this world at all, because you have no spiritual knowledge and honestly don't wanna know. But for the most part this is okay. Until the last five minutes of your life.
Right about then, if you've had a bad life filled with pain, not having an afterlife
will be a bit like being put out of your misery, except there will be a horrible sense of injustice, like "what was all that suffering for?" So, no, this is not a true comfort even though it is an end to pain. For those with happy lives, this is perhaps more disturbing. It means that everything they are, and they have done is about to die with them.

We don't go to hell. Lemme restate that. But if we did, it would be far more like Shinto hell (the Shintos believe that being forgotten is the worst state ever) than some sort of fire deal. To be extinguished, to just kinda die spiritually as well as physically. Now, I think there's a sort of rebirth (we have body, spirit, and soul so there is some leftover crap that builds a new body which has no memory of what I've said). But everything that meant something to you will be gone.
How do I know this? It's because I've been close to death a few times. There was this cold sensation, and I saw darkness for miles. It wasn't something I wanted to continue entering, so I did what I could to survive.

What I mean by Powers and Dominions is that God employs these angels as earthly governors. They assign favor to people who seek after their happiness. They also punish those who disobey laws. The proverbs or psalms ( I mix them up) says that God rains on both the wicked and the righteous, and gives fortune to both the just and the unjust. It is for you to enjoy your life and that is fine. But you should not ignore difficult questions in this life. Happiness does not mean complacency.
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2021 08:56 am
@bulmabriefs144,
bulmabriefs144 wrote:

Wait until you get on your deathbed though.

You see, that luck isn't luck. It's favor. Someone out there favors you. No, I'm not talking about God, I'm talking about territorial ruling elite. The Powers and Dominions (in case you wonder why I'm capitalizing this, they're a class of angels) of this world see fit to keep people happy. Now, lest you think I mean that this is some sort of "demons trying to trick you into Hell thing", no that's not what I mean. Nor is it like sheep kept fat for a slaughter, though it seems to me you have spent a long portion of your life selling out and not asking questions.

You don't understand this world at all, because you have no spiritual knowledge and honestly don't wanna know. But for the most part this is okay. Until the last five minutes of your life.
Right about then, if you've had a bad life filled with pain, not having an afterlife
will be a bit like being put out of your misery, except there will be a horrible sense of injustice, like "what was all that suffering for?" So, no, this is not a true comfort even though it is an end to pain. For those with happy lives, this is perhaps more disturbing. It means that everything they are, and they have done is about to die with them.

We don't go to hell. Lemme restate that. But if we did, it would be far more like Shinto hell (the Shintos believe that being forgotten is the worst state ever) than some sort of fire deal. To be extinguished, to just kinda die spiritually as well as physically. Now, I think there's a sort of rebirth (we have body, spirit, and soul so there is some leftover crap that builds a new body which has no memory of what I've said). But everything that meant something to you will be gone.
How do I know this? It's because I've been close to death a few times. There was this cold sensation, and I saw darkness for miles. It wasn't something I wanted to continue entering, so I did what I could to survive.

What I mean by Powers and Dominions is that God employs these angels as earthly governors. They assign favor to people who seek after their happiness. They also punish those who disobey laws. The proverbs or psalms ( I mix them up) says that God rains on both the wicked and the righteous, and gives fortune to both the just and the unjust. It is for you to enjoy your life and that is fine. But you should not ignore difficult questions in this life. Happiness does not mean complacency.

One...you should, for you own good, seek professional mental health help. You are, as a lay person might say, nutty as a fruit cake.

Two...you did not answer either of my questions.

Why not give them a try?
NealNealNeal

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2021 10:03 am
@Frank Apisa,
The "problem" that I have is one minor and one major:
Minor: There is an amazing amount of power in living the Christian life. I
want that for you.
I rejoice that you, C.C. and others say that you are living good lives. Therefore, it is only a. minor "problem"
Major: You are going to hell. Once you die physically "Sinner in the hands of an angry God" becomes full reality.

God: General revelation makes it clear that I exist. I sent my Son so that you can know Me. You have no excuse for not worshipping Me.
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2021 10:19 am
@NealNealNeal,
NealNealNeal wrote:

want that for you.
I rejoice that you, C.C. and others say that you are living good lives. Therefore, it is only a. minor "problem"
Major: You are going to hell. Once you die physically "Sinner in the hands of an angry God" becomes full reality.

God: General revelation makes it clear that I exist. I sent my Son so that you can know Me. You have no excuse for not worshipping Me.

You also did not answer the questions, Neal.

Too tough?
NealNealNeal

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2021 11:08 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

NealNealNeal wrote:

want that for you.

Too tough?[img][/img]

Me: I have no problem with you being truthful.

God: You are not being totally truthful.
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2021 11:45 am
@NealNealNeal,
NealNealNeal wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

NealNealNeal wrote:

want that for you.

Too tough?[img][/img]

Me: I have no problem with you being truthful.

God: You are not being totally truthful.

I am being 100% truthful on this issue.

I DO NOT KNOW IF ANY GODS EXIST OR NOT!

Your god can kiss my ass if it thinks I am not. (If your god thinks I am not, it does not deserve to be called a god.)

But I do not think that is your god speaking...I think it is you speaking. And you think I am not being 100% honest because I will not do what you are doing...making a blind guess on the issue and pretending it is THE TRUTH.

I also am being 100% truthful when I say:

I see no reason to suspect that gods cannot exist…that the existence of a GOD or gods is impossible.

I see no reason to suspect that at least one GOD must exist...that the existence of at least one GOD is needed to explain existence.

I do not see enough unambiguous evidence upon which to base a meaningful guess in either direction on whether any gods exist or not...

...so I don't.

Grow up, Neal.

There is nothing there that is NOT 100% truthful...so your god is an asshole, if you are quoting it (which I think you are not.)

0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2021 11:46 am
@NealNealNeal,
By the way, Neal...thanks for at least giving it an attempt. That shows some spine.
bulmabriefs144

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2021 09:24 pm
@Frank Apisa,
What questions? All I saw is "Blah, blah, blah my life is so great and so wonderful, how can that be if I'm supposed to be punished?" Something like that? It was honestly sort of irritating to read, so I ignored it, just as you've ignored most of my posts even though I honestly wanted to help you. Rude and condescending. What, you don't like being ignored either? Suck it up. I'm not answering those two questions.

I did answer your real question though. There are questions you ask, and there are questions that are recurring themes in your writing.
This has nothing to do with punishment. You see, we've got the forum topics mixed up. This is "If Jesus died to forgive us, then why is there a Hell?" There isn't one, not as you fear anyway. The Afterlife is of your own making, if you don't wanna go there, you cease to exist. Fun times.

So you're 85, you tell me you've had a great life, that's lovely. I have a dad somewhere in his 70s or whatever, also got most of what he wants. Seems happy. Fine, whatever. The point is not fortune or misfortune. Good fortune has very little to do with what you believe in, or how good or bad a person you are. But unlike you, my dad isn't likely to end life being afraid. He has at least thought about theology. You seem to personify the expression "an unexamined life is not worth living." You are 85, and you will probably continue living until you're guzzling on life support. And you will tell yourself that you are not afraid of death and that I am crazy for even suggesting it until your end of days.
https://www.azquotes.com/picture-quotes/quote-i-expect-death-to-be-nothingness-and-for-removing-me-from-all-possible-fears-of-death-isaac-asimov-57-52-88.jpg
I expect many atheists think this exact way. They are fools, though. Death is all of the air getting sucked out of your body. All the light from your eyes. All the sound from your ears. And finally, your heart beating, and slowing down. And you suffer, and are in pain as things get colder and darker. And you said that death being just nothingness would be a relief but as you're dying, you suddenly don't want to die at all. And you've realized you didn't get to do this or that, but you're trapped. That time where you could have done something is over. And your life has just been a huge waste. All that happiness is swallowed up. The most pathetic thing of all this is that for most of their lives they believe they are the ones that are free, and theists are trapped. That somehow, someone was making them do this, or scaring them with hell. That it's some kind of control thing. But actually, you're the one stuck in a Gordian knot.
http://www.cbc-network.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/knot.png
1. If your life was happy, all the things that made you happy are GONE when you die. There is no such thing as a life without regrets, and the worst regret is seeing a happy life end.
2. If your life was unhappy (that's me), no matter how much you want to die, you cannot accept a world where there is nothing to justify all your suffering. Now, you could argue that I didn't really strive for my happiness. But see #1. It's a scam. If I were to live 10 more years, 20 more years, 50 more years, I am well aware that I have to die. Neither happiness nor unhappiness makes nothingness any better.

The answer should be simple. A loving God could never condemn us to hell, even for disobeying. There is a price of disobeying. It's called death. All of us die as a result of our sin and disobedience. We can only cut the knot of our fear of death if we find a reason not to believe it is the final word.

But the way it sticks is if you decide that you don't want or need an Afterlife. This is a worse Hell than one of fire and brimstone. That you think this is okay? You need help way worse than I do.

But then, we knew this.
https://ndsmcobserver.com/2021/08/why-do-atheists-debate/
You see, whether an atheist or agnostic, the result is the same. Without something objectively true or valuable, there is basically to reason to argue. I mean, if you don't believe in anything... uhhh, why are you in this forum? If we can't know, and you really have no stake in the matter, then we are in moot point land. There's rational reason for you to argue. Atheists and agnostics should be the most indifferent people in the world when it comes to religion. Actually, you're:
1. Typing into a search engine on religion forums. This forum btw, is not that easy to find.
2. Creating an account.
3. Arguing with theists.

That's alot of work for someone who is supposed to be confident that there isn't any knowledge either way. Who are you trying to kid here? You are actively anti-theistic. If you were not, you would have let go of the discussion long ago.
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2021 02:54 am
@bulmabriefs144,
bulmabriefs144 wrote:

What questions? All I saw is "Blah, blah, blah my life is so great and so wonderful, how can that be if I'm supposed to be punished?" Something like that? It was honestly sort of irritating to read, so I ignored it, just as you've ignored most of my posts even though I honestly wanted to help you. Rude and condescending. What, you don't like being ignored either? Suck it up. I'm not answering those two questions.

I didn't expect you to answer them. You are a phony...and there is no way you could answer them reasonably.

Quote:
I did answer your real question though. There are questions you ask, and there are questions that are recurring themes in your writing.
This has nothing to do with punishment. You see, we've got the forum topics mixed up. This is "If Jesus died to forgive us, then why is there a Hell?" There isn't one, not as you fear anyway. The Afterlife is of your own making, if you don't wanna go there, you cease to exist. Fun times.

If you want to blindly guess that there is a heaven you are going to...and that there is no hell...and that there is a god...and that you know what the "god" expects of humans...and that you know what pleases and offends the "god"...

...fine with me. Nothing wrong with making blind guesses.

I'm just laughing at the fact that you think they are something more than blind guesses.

Quote:
So you're 85, you tell me you've had a great life, that's lovely. I have a dad somewhere in his 70s or whatever, also got most of what he wants. Seems happy. Fine, whatever. The point is not fortune or misfortune. Good fortune has very little to do with what you believe in, or how good or bad a person you are. But unlike you, my dad isn't likely to end life being afraid.

You seem to think that I am afraid of my life ending.

What is wrong with you? YOU seem to be the one who is afraid of approaching death...which is something impacting ALL of us.

Quote:
He has at least thought about theology. You seem to personify the expression "an unexamined life is not worth living." You are 85, and you will probably continue living until you're guzzling on life support. And you will tell yourself that you are not afraid of death and that I am crazy for even suggesting it until your end of days.

I do not need that to think you are crazy. You are about as nuts a poster as can be found on the Internet...no matter what you guess about.

Quote:
I expect many atheists think this exact way. They are fools, though. Death is all of the air getting sucked out of your body. All the light from your eyes. All the sound from your ears. And finally, your heart beating, and slowing down. And you suffer, and are in pain as things get colder and darker. And you said that death being just nothingness would be a relief but as you're dying, you suddenly don't want to die at all. And you've realized you didn't get to do this or that, but you're trapped. That time where you could have done something is over. And your life has just been a huge waste. All that happiness is swallowed up. The most pathetic thing of all this is that for most of their lives they believe they are the ones that are free, and theists are trapped. That somehow, someone was making them do this, or scaring them with hell. That it's some kind of control thing. But actually, you're the one stuck in a Gordian knot.

Stop being so terrified of death. You're gonna be okay.

Quote:
1. If your life was happy, all the things that made you happy are GONE when you die. There is no such thing as a life without regrets, and the worst regret is seeing a happy life end.
2. If your life was unhappy (that's me), no matter how much you want to die, you cannot accept a world where there is nothing to justify all your suffering. Now, you could argue that I didn't really strive for my happiness. But see #1. It's a scam. If I were to live 10 more years, 20 more years, 50 more years, I am well aware that I have to die. Neither happiness nor unhappiness makes nothingness any better.

Stop being unhappy. Life is good.

Quote:
The answer should be simple. A loving God could never condemn us to hell, even for disobeying. There is a price of disobeying. It's called death. All of us die as a result of our sin and disobedience. We can only cut the knot of our fear of death if we find a reason not to believe it is the final word.

You do not NEED A REASON "not to believe."

You just have to stop doing it. Only someone terrified of life and death NEEDS to blindly guess about things...and then call them "beliefs."

Stop being so afraid, Bulma.

Quote:
But the way it sticks is if you decide that you don't want or need an Afterlife. This is a worse Hell than one of fire and brimstone. That you think this is okay? You need help way worse than I do.

If that makes the fear a little less in you...continue to think that.

Quote:
But then, we knew this.
https://ndsmcobserver.com/2021/08/why-do-atheists-debate/
You see, whether an atheist or agnostic, the result is the same. Without something objectively true or valuable, there is basically to reason to argue. I mean, if you don't believe in anything... uhhh, why are you in this forum? If we can't know, and you really have no stake in the matter, then we are in moot point land. There's rational reason for you to argue. Atheists and agnostics should be the most indifferent people in the world when it comes to religion. Actually, you're:
1. Typing into a search engine on religion forums. This forum btw, is not that easy to find.
2. Creating an account.
3. Arguing with theists.

I have been in this forum for almost 20 years...and in Abuzz, the New York Times/Boston Globe forum from which many of the regulars came for a few years before that.

So you had trouble finding it. Sounds to me that you have trouble finding the toilet when you have to go.

Quote:
That's alot of work for someone who is supposed to be confident that there isn't any knowledge either way. Who are you trying to kid here? You are actively anti-theistic. If you were not, you would have let go of the discussion long ago.

I AM VERY ANTI-THEISTIC. What on Earth makes you think I would not acknowledge that...or that there is something wrong with that?

Wake up. Smell the roses. Get some enjoyment out of life.

Or continue living your miserable life...so that you can continue to live that miserable life throughout the rest of eternity.
Jasper10

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2021 04:32 am
@Jasper10,
As no definitive proof can be provided for the existence or non existenece of A particular God then all anyone can do is accept or reject A particular God.In that respect one has chosen and therefore one does not sit on ANY fence.PERIOD.

Just Believing/Hoping/Guessing/ or Choosing not to Guess that the Christian God exists or doesnt exist (just as one example) is irrelevant at the end of the day because it isn't about whether you believe/hope/guess or even choose not to guess whether he exists or not because the christian bible states that even the devil and his demons BELIEVE he exists .........no........BELIEF or non BELIEF is a "RED HERRING" whereby the christian FAITH is
concerned .......something more is required of you.
0 Replies

NealNealNeal

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2021 11:14 am
@Frank Apisa,
OK Frank.
My "hail Mary" wish for you is that you continue to live a long and happy life (also you, Izzy).
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2021 11:52 am
@NealNealNeal,
NealNealNeal wrote:

OK Frank.
My "hail Mary" wish for you is that you continue to live a long and happy life (also you, Izzy).

Thank you, Neal.

It might interest you to know that, despite my present disposition toward religion, one of my most treasured memories involves me serving Mass...at St. Peter's Basilica in the Vatican. It was in the Latin Rite, of course. I also served the Catholic Prelate of England in a high Mass back in the mid-1950's. I was listed in the program as an Acolyte, even though I had never been invested with that that minor order.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2021 11:54 am
@Frank Apisa,
I don't know about hail, but it was really pissing it down earlier.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2021 11:57 am
@NealNealNeal,
Sorry I didn't realise Frank was quoting, I should have done, it's not like he doesn't do it a lot.

Thank you.

0 Replies

bulmabriefs144

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2021 08:55 am
@Frank Apisa,
Yes, I would have trouble finding a website known as able2know. It's not an obvious forum name choice. Especially since I was looking for forums under categories (religion forums, political forums, forums where the mods aren't ban happy). Yeah, the name does not automatically come up. It was on one of these pages that lists popular forums. But it doesn't seem like a forum with such a name should be easy for people to find.

So that means you come to this forum for the sole purpose of spreading umm "sunshine" to believers in God.

As for enjoying life, I do plenty of that. Go on walks in nature, shop at malls, spend time with family, read books, and even play my share of video games. We watch movies on Netflix and in theatres. We do plays.

But the same people who attack my faith in God also decided it wasn't safe to go to plays or malls or churches. Who push sports betting but try to make the world masked. You think that following God makes you less free and less happy. But actually, it's the opposite. The dictatorships are usually secular. And the godless joyless people wanting cancel everything are the problem.

Not buying this happy atheist narrative. Normality for the last 30+ years has been in decline, and I can pin it directly to the fall in religious attendance. Religious people understand the joy of other people. But I've seen a rise in staring at cellphone screens. Distancing socially.
NealNealNeal

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2021 10:11 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

NealNealNeal wrote:

OK Frank.

Thank you, Neal.

It might interest you to know that, despite my present disposition toward religion, one of my most treasured memories involves me serving Mass...at St. Peter's Basilica in the Vatican. It was in the Latin Rite, of course. I also served the Catholic Prelate of England in a high Mass back in the mid-1950's. I was listed in the program as an Acolyte, even though
I had never been invested with that that minor order.

Frank,
I am extremely ambivalent about this last quote. From a human interest point of view it is very interesting.
One thing that I am grateful for is that I had not been exposed to Christian liturgy until I had been a Christian a long time. I WAS exposed to Jewish liturgy which had no effect on me. The major impact of Judaism was our history lessons on people of the Old Testament. However, God completely disappeared after Malachi (the Chanukah story was more about Judas Macabee than about God). The Hebrew liturgy did not have much effect on me.
I wondered how God could completely disappear for 1900 years. My secular teachers taught about Evolution so I figured that maybe agnosticism was correct.
Then, the gospel was presented to me. I knew that I had found the answer to "the case of the missing God".
Liturgy is worthless unless a person understands what it symbolizes. What good is it if it is done in a language that people don't understand?
I know that Christianity is true. I do not have to guess like you do.
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2021 11:52 am
@bulmabriefs144,
bulmabriefs144 wrote:

Yes, I would have trouble finding a website known as able2know. It's not an obvious forum name choice. Especially since I was looking for forums under categories (religion forums, political forums, forums where the mods aren't ban happy). Yeah, the name does not automatically come up. It was on one of these pages that lists popular forums. But it doesn't seem like a forum with such a name should be easy for people to find.

So that means you come to this forum for the sole purpose of spreading umm "sunshine" to believers in God.

As for enjoying life, I do plenty of that. Go on walks in nature, shop at malls, spend time with family, read books, and even play my share of video games. We watch movies on Netflix and in theatres. We do plays.

But the same people who attack my faith in God also decided it wasn't safe to go to plays or malls or churches. Who push sports betting but try to make the world masked. You think that following God makes you less free and less happy. But actually, it's the opposite. The dictatorships are usually secular. And the godless joyless people wanting cancel everything are the problem.

Not buying this happy atheist narrative. Normality for the last 30+ years has been in decline, and I can pin it directly to the fall in religious attendance. Religious people understand the joy of other people. But I've seen a rise in staring at cellphone screens. Distancing socially.

Where do you get this **** from? Do you pull it directly out from your ass?

Anyway...no, I am not here to spread sunshine to believers in god. I could not care less why you blindly guess. You may even be correct...that there is a GOD. You may even be correct that if there is such a GOD...it is like that cartoon god described in the Bible.

So I am here to discuss things. You seem to be here to spread your blind guesses around as though they are truths.

Good luck. You may be a jerk, but you deserve the chance at spreading that nonsense.

BUT WHAT HAVE I EVER SAID THAT CAUSES YOU TO SUPPOSE THAT I THINK FOLLOWING SOME GOD MAKES YOU LESS FREE AND LESS HAPPY?

Can you quote something rather than just making **** up out of whole cloth?

Just once in a while?

What a jerk you are!