is he interested in me?

Reply Thu 30 May, 2013 03:09 pm
I just started this pilates class, and the teacher is the same age as me. I saw him before a few times, and I noticed that he seems interested in me, by the way he look at me.we talked during the exercises a few times, and he asked a lot about my tattoos, especially this one I am removing. he looked at it too. when the exercise is over, he gives a massage. today, when he did it, he touched this tattoo,for 2 sec. like he was caressing it idk, it was completely out of the blue... that was just him being curious or have something more with his gesture? thanks Very Happy
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 3,048 • Replies: 30

PUNKEY

Reply Thu 30 May, 2013 04:24 pm
That's his JOB: paying attention to people and their bodies.

Unless he says something more direct, consider it him just being a good instructor and masseuse.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Thu 30 May, 2013 04:34 pm
@lanaqueen,
If you had stated that he "smiled" and looked directly at you when doing that, I'd say body language sounds good. But, to me it sounds as if he is curious as to the tattoos that you have and you as a person with tattoos.
Ticomaya

Reply Thu 30 May, 2013 05:43 pm
@lanaqueen,
Yes, of course he's interested in you. Oh, and yes, you might be pregnant.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Thu 30 May, 2013 07:51 pm
Are you interested in him?
glitterbag

Reply Thu 30 May, 2013 08:01 pm
@lanaqueen,
I take a lot of Pilates classes, but have never seen any instructor massage the students. Does every student get a massage?
lanaqueen

Reply Thu 30 May, 2013 08:14 pm
@glitterbag,
yes. i already did pilates in another 2 places and the instructors gave the massage in the end too. its a quick massage on the neck, shoulders... nothing beyond that.
0 Replies

lanaqueen

Reply Thu 30 May, 2013 08:15 pm
@chai2,
yes...
ehBeth

Reply Thu 30 May, 2013 08:17 pm
@lanaqueen,
lanaqueen wrote:
that was just him being curious or have something more with his gesture?

he's the only one who knows so you will have to talk to him
chai2

Reply Thu 30 May, 2013 08:20 pm
@lanaqueen,
Well then, if you're interested, you need to let him know.
lanaqueen

Reply Thu 30 May, 2013 08:23 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
sometimes he gives me this look deep into my eyes, this is why i think that he did that for some reason, idk...
lanaqueen

Reply Thu 30 May, 2013 08:31 pm
@ehBeth,
no, i'm to insecure for that! haha
0 Replies

lanaqueen

Reply Thu 30 May, 2013 08:35 pm
@chai2,
i just need to discover how to do that in a subtle way...
FOUND SOUL

Reply Fri 31 May, 2013 02:48 am
@lanaqueen,
Mmmmm..... Is he trying to work out if you are secure or in-secure?

I mean Tattoos can suggest - strength, I mean man that hurts right? Wink

But then, you say you are shy - wouldn't be able to ask him....

Perhaps he is working that out. Now what if he is after a new prize instead of a girlfriend, I mean he is in the Gym with a lot of women......

Staring into someone's eyes without a smile? Stick to my thoughts Wink Working you out.

Anyone you can ask without him knowing about his history? If he has a lady? If he usually flirts with members and you know? All of that?

That is what I would do.... Check him out, he's checking you out for what ever reason....
FOUND SOUL

Reply Fri 31 May, 2013 02:55 am
@FOUND SOUL,
Oh, not like a stalker or something Wink
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Fri 31 May, 2013 04:49 am
@lanaqueen,
lanaqueen wrote:

i just need to discover how to do that in a subtle way...

So your question isn't at all isn't if he is interested in you, but how you can subtly let him know you are interested in him.

Is that correct?

Otherwise you're going about it bass ackwards coming her to find out if some person has interest in you, and putting the onus on him to do something about it.

It's not so much how to "discover" how to do this, it's not uncovering some unknown artifact. You want to figure out how to let him know you have interest.

This is a whole different story.

You can pussyfoot around making yourself miserable and anxious trying to discover some way without actually doing anything, or by gazing back soulfully into his eyes hoping he takes the hint, or you can take some action.

At the end of a session, when you are about to leave, simply ask him if he'd like to go get a cup of coffee with you sometime. That's as subtle as it's going to get.

If there's a non answer, or a no, you've got your answer as to his interest. By the next time you see him, he'll have forgotten all about it. In his business he gets questions like this all the time, so don't worry about it.

Even if it's a non answer (or even a no) you may have just caught him by surprise, and now he's aware of your interest, and at a later time might take you up on it.

He's just a human, just like you. A guy. That's all. It's not like he's got some super awareness of the universe going on, or some edge on you.

"Would you like to go for coffee sometime?"

8 words.

Next case.
lanaqueen

Reply Wed 5 Jun, 2013 12:17 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
that's true. in the gym there is a lot of women... with better looks, bodies... i think that i overreacted to this little thing that he did. im so silly...
i doesn't have any friends in the gym, so i can't ask no one about him.
if something real happens i will let you know.
thanks for helping. Smile
lanaqueen

Reply Wed 5 Jun, 2013 12:24 pm
@chai2,
you're right. being direct is a good thing to do.
but i guess hes not interested in me.
i think its better to forget about it...
thank you for the help. Smile
chai2

Reply Wed 5 Jun, 2013 05:31 pm
@lanaqueen,
lanaqueen wrote:

you're right. being direct is a good thing to do.
but i guess hes not interested in me.
i think its better to forget about it...
thank you for the help. Smile

Oh get over yourself...."I guess he's not interested....there's lot of better looking girls...."

you know what, that kind of bullshit sets me off.

So, you think he's so shallow that he couldn't be interested in a less that "perfect" stick thin girl, that might very well be a ******* pycho?

"i don't have any friends at the gym, i don't have anyone to ask..." What are you, 12 years old or something? Open your mouth and speak for yourself.

So how do you know he's not interested....did you ask him if he'd like to go for coffee or pie or something...?

"oh...no, I didn't ask him...he wouldn't be interested in someone like me...."

You're right though, if I was a guy, I sure wouldn't have interest in someone who couldn't open their own mouth to give their own thoughts, and walked around putting themselves down, to get attention.

He's just a human, so are you. He or anyone in that place, or any other, are no better or worse than you, me or anyone else.

chai2

Reply Wed 5 Jun, 2013 05:56 pm
@chai2,
Oh wait, you couldn't ask him out for pie. He might then think you actually eat.
0 Replies