Next round - now I am thinking about ending it?

sarahm

Reply Sat 11 May, 2013 07:25 am
Hi!

I couple of weeks ago I asked about my boyfriend and his strange behavior with his co-worker. So now the story has progressed and I am thinking about breaking up with him. I would appreciate any feedback on the below!

So this past week he was flying to Dallas for work and he left on Monday morning. During the week he said he had to change his trip to go to Minneapolis as he is trying to get a new position and this was a good meeting to be present with the right people.

During the week we texted, he said he made his flight, had good meetings etc. etc. I was trying to be very supportive as I know he really wants this new job.

Yesterday he was supposed to fly back, and he said he had to fly from Minneapolis through PHX to get back to New York. He said he was taking a red-eye from PHX to New York.

I wanted to suprise him and pick him up, so I asked for his flight number. He then said that the travel agent had last minute mixed up his flight details, that he was actually flying through Las Vegas instead. He never called from the airport, he just texted this information. So I went on the airlines website and saw that he was on this flight, but as was she (the girl) and they where seated next to each other in first class.

I was so upset I didn't know what to do with myself. So I took my things and stayed in a hotel last night. When he got back this morning he came to the hotel. He said that he had not been to Minnesota, but had been traveling around Texas all week, but then had to fly to Vegas to get home (he said there where no flights from Texas to New York). That it was just a coincidence that they ended up on the same flight from Las Vegas.

I have a very hard time believing all this, and my trust in him is not there any more. I don't know if it can be repaired, I am just so hurt by this. I think I have to break up with him, as living this way is just to hard for my heart. Whatever it is, it feels like something is going on, and I just can't stomach it.

I love him so much, but a love me too and need to protect my heart, feelings. What should I do? Do you agree I should break up with him?

Please let me hear your thoughts!

Thanks so much.

Sarah

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,463 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Mame

Reply Sat 11 May, 2013 07:35 am
First of all, I don't believe passengers' names or seat assignments are listed on any airline website that we can access. Furthermore, I know for a fact that no airline will tell you if so-and-so is on any certain flight, so I doubt the veracity of your story.

Bottom line, though, if you don't trust him, you need to decide what to do. Nobody here can tell you what you should do, nor should we.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sat 11 May, 2013 07:36 am
@sarahm,
Sorry you're having this sort of grief in your relationship. As I read from your previous post about this issue, this is clearly (to me, at least) time to end it. That is what I would do but how and what you choose to do is totally up to you.

I have no idea how you determined through any verifiable or external way he was on a certain flight. That info is not obtainable to the public. However, that is a moot point in the grand scheme of things.

I know how painful it must be. The romantic passionate part of the relationship has ended. He's not being forthright and honest with you. He's chosen deception as his mode of operation. You deserve better treatment. Do your best to move on by ending it ASAP. Don't allow that sort of treatment in your life.
0 Replies

sarahm

Reply Sat 11 May, 2013 07:55 am
@sarahm,
To verify the validity of the story as it is doubted below, you can check the flight upgrade list and it does not give out full names but initials on each seat.

Also, I was asking for feedback/help on the matter of trust at a time when I feel lost. I would have been more appreciative of constructive feedback regarding the issue I was asking for help on.

Ragman - I appreciate your sincerity of offering sound feedback! Much appreciated :-)
0 Replies