she said she doesn't wanna date right now

cornelljdav

Reply Wed 8 May, 2013 09:54 pm
@ossobuco,
Forget that! Yall don't have to be so mean. I'm not a sensitive guy, but I see how easily a good amount of people can get to me. It's all good.
khaimelion

Reply Wed 8 May, 2013 10:10 pm
@cornelljdav,
Alright man I'll try to help you out here in just a few words. But you gotta trust me here...I'm a dating coach.

Answer #1: Do not wait for her approval to do what feels right to you. If you do, it may be demonstrating a lack of perceived self-value as well as low confidence.

Answer #2: It will be obvious when she loses interest. So don't worry about that. Just follow your heart and the answer is in there.

Conclusion: Do what you feel and try not to let your brain get in the way. The worst thing you can do is over-think this stuff.
khaimelion

Reply Wed 8 May, 2013 10:13 pm
@cornelljdav,
yeah hey man i hear that. just try to forgive them

they know not what they do

and the fullest extent of the effect of their actions

we all make mistakes
ossobuco

Reply Wed 8 May, 2013 10:16 pm
@cornelljdav,
Suggesting you get a clue on how to express yourself well is not mean. You want to spend the next fifty years flubbing around?
cornelljdav

Reply Thu 9 May, 2013 05:46 am
@khaimelion,
Good looking out and thank you for at least being up front with things.
0 Replies

cornelljdav

Reply Thu 9 May, 2013 05:47 am
@khaimelion,
I can forgive them. Doesn't mean that I won't care. its ok though.
0 Replies

cornelljdav

Reply Thu 9 May, 2013 05:48 am
@ossobuco,
Yeah you right.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Thu 9 May, 2013 06:27 am
@cornelljdav,
cornelljdav wrote:

more insults. man you guys really know how to bash on someone. only a few understand regardless of what I put. say what you want at the end of the day its all good. the negativity of bad post is expected I just want to hear the opinions.

Huh, I guess it escaped your attention I stated I didn't intend my comment as an insult. I guess having comma's and periods in my writing, indicating when to pause, or realize a complete thought was written, escaped you. The fact is, not everyone is intelligent, maybe you're one of them. You posted, you wanted to hear opinions, that's mine.

Oh wait, I get it. If it's something you agree with, it's an opinion. If it's something you don't agree with, it's an insult.

Do you realize when you write the way you do, it's difficult for the reader to understand when you've finished a thought? It makes everything just run on together. The onus of communicating clearly is in the hands of the writer. Because you are too lazy to type/write correctly, you make the rest of the world do your work for you. Seems kind of selfish to me.
You write weakly, and it's everyone elses fault when you're misunderstood?

If you say that's the why your peers write, why not rise above that, and prove yourself better than that weak writing?

Aren't you as a person worth taking the time to make yourself understood clearly?
chai2

Reply Thu 9 May, 2013 06:32 am
@chai2,
Here's what the above would have looked like if written in your style...

uh I guess it escaped your attention I stated I didnt intend my comment as an insult I guess having commas and periods in my writing indicating when to pause or realize a complete thought was written escaped you the fact is not everyone is intelligent maybe youre one of them u posted you wanted to hear opinions that's mine oh wait I get it if its something you agree with its an opinion if its something you dont agree with its an insult do you realize when you write the way you do its difficult for the reader to understand when youve finished a thought ot makes everything just run on together the onus of communicating clearly is in the hands of the writer because you are too lazy to typewrite correctly you make the rest of the world do your work for you seems kind of selfish to me you write weakly and it's everyone elses fault when you're misunderstood if you say that's the why your peers write why not rise above that and prove yourself better than that weak writing arent you as a person worth taking the time to make yourself understood clearly

chai(whew i'm all out of breath)tea
cornelljdav

Reply Thu 9 May, 2013 06:47 am
@chai2,
See you got it wrong. I read what you said Cleary and you said not intened as a insult. You were simply just stating your case. What I did take as a insult, is the fake conversation you made. The whole "hi wazzup" was just like wow to me. It's ok though, I understand. Not everyone is intelligent like you.
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Thu 9 May, 2013 06:51 am
I was reading this thread again and i was wondering about replies and stuff and hey,its like dude,you cant say that and another was like whoa man,you must forgive them and stuff.then someone else joined in and he was like yeah man, you should make your stuff more readable and like hey im fed up with all these guys who dont use grammar as its soooo unreadable. And i was like whoa, this guy really gets it and he doesnt but the other one does and theres so much emphasis put on grammar and i was like what are we now, all old folk who write proper letters and stuff? Then i got tired of all the reading and went for my interview andcthe old guy asked me to fill in the form and write a piece and **** about why i really wanted the job and when id finished he came back in and he was like hey man, i cant understand what youre writing like and i was like well,thats not my problem and he was like i dont think youll fit in here and i was like not even cooking the french fries? and he was like laughing and the other old guys in the back office were all shaking their heads and i was like hey man,i dont have any money so i cant afford to write properly and they were like young man, didnt you get free schooling? and i was like yeah and they were like then why the hell didnt you pay attention and i was like ITS NOT MY FAULT and they were like waving bye bye and now the wholecworld is against me,so im back here and reading and am like DUDES, you havent sorted out my girlfriend problem yet!
Lordyaswas

Reply Thu 9 May, 2013 07:14 am
Here is a verbal version....

0 Replies

cornelljdav

Reply Thu 9 May, 2013 10:32 am
@Lordyaswas,
That was really enjoyable to read.
cornelljdav

Reply Thu 9 May, 2013 10:34 am
@chai2,
Even though you did mock me, I still understood everything you put. Don't worry, It's all good. You just smarter than me plan and simple.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Thu 9 May, 2013 06:34 pm
@cornelljdav,
cornelljdav wrote:

coo trynna wanna Umma gonna

Above are all words you used in your original post....so what's the difference between all that, and (pardon me, my mistake) using the word wazzup?

Like the word wassup is so weird, but saying "thats coo, I'm trynna, I wanna, Umma, and gonna are all perfectly fine?

The words you're looking for are : That's cool, I'm trying to; I want to; I'm going to. It seems that umma and gonna mean the same thing.

yeah, but wassup is just over the line?

You've made an effort to at least separate your thoughts in paragraphs. That helps people for whom English is their first language a lot in understanding what you're saying. Thanks.

chai2

Reply Thu 9 May, 2013 06:42 pm
@Lordyaswas,
whoa.
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Fri 10 May, 2013 01:38 am
@cornelljdav,
cornelljdav wrote:

That was really enjoyable to read.

Believe it or not, I was trying to illustrate the point that scatterbrained splatterings of thought transferred immediately into text does not make for easy reading, and runs the risk of the subject matter being lost in the minefield of all the surrounding unneccessary piffle.

Just to take the personal stuff out of all this and to further illustrate my point, here is a straight copy/paste from another thread that has appeared today, and underneath I have done my best to re-write it and present it in a more readable form.

The original....
"I met this girl who does haircuts and i know most girls tend to flirt with their customers anyway but after a few times of meeting her and getting to know her. I asked her out and she tells me that she has a boyfriend and i am like okay and i replied with whoever he is he is very lucky to have you and continued on to still schedule a time to see her as if nothing happend . Next time I see her I have fun with her make fun of her and have a blast and been remembering what she told me so that way i can have conversations with her because generally i would afterwhile not come up with anything to say. Next time i see her she is more flirty with me and was touching me a lot more coming up with nick names for me, more gigily. The last time i saw her she was giving me more compliments and even told me that i was handsome , twice as flirty with me and much more gigily and i mean she was like a completely different person than normal and i figured it must be sign that she is single and wants to go out and i asked her out again but she tells me that she still has a boyfriend after that moved on to schedule a time to get a haircut again as if nothing happened and ended on a laughing comment. and not once in all of our conversations she never mentions her boyfriend and she keeps on letting me get haircuts with her. Now i havent dated a few years so i am a little rusty to know if woman likes you or want to go out with you but i mean i am not stupid with the average girl i have asked out she always got awkward or if she had a boyfriend she would mention him in the conversation to let me know in some way she was with someone. I am really confused is this girl testing me and would i have to call her out on it to tell me the truth? or is she manipulating me and toying with me?"

Revised edition.......
Hello, I wonder if someone could help me with my problem?

I have my hair cut regularly by this same girl and cannot work out the mixed signals I keep getting from her.
From the start she has joked and sort of flirted with me, as most girls do when they cut a customer's hair, but after a few appointments I felt that we really clicked and took the decision to ask her out.
She told me that she had a boyfriend, so I told her that I thought he was a lucky guy and changed the subject before things got awkward.

At my next appointment with her, I was relieved to find that we got on really well and I made a mental note to remember what we'd talked about, so that I could think of more things to say when I saw her next.

Over the course of the next two or three appointments, I noticed that she was getting more and more flirtacious, touching me more often, telling me I am handsome, giving me nicknames and giggling a lot. A totally different person to how she normally is, I suppose.
I took all this as a sign that she was now single, so tried asking her out again. She once again informed me that she had a boyfriend.
I have since had several more appointments with her and not once has she ever talked about her boyfriend. I may be a bit rusty when it comes to asking girls out but I'm certainly not stupid, so I have several things to ask regarding all of this, as I am totally confused.

Is she testing me? If so, should I persist with this so I can eventually get to the truth?

Or is she just being manipulative and simply toying with me?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

URL: http://able2know.org/topic/214136-1
chai2

Reply Fri 10 May, 2013 06:07 am
@Lordyaswas,
I have no idea what you're saying in that revised edition.
0 Replies

cornelljdav

Reply Fri 10 May, 2013 08:50 am
@chai2,
It's cool, I understand now. Should have known better to use slang when making a post on the internet. It's always going to be people who have to put everything the right way, which is cool, but still if it means the same thing, nobody should care. Thank you for being a big help. I appreciate it a lot.
chai2

Reply Fri 10 May, 2013 06:45 pm
@cornelljdav,
Rolling Eyes
0 Replies