Thu 2 Jan, 2014 12:14 pm
@bernsky,
just say good bye.
if you are in good position, everything will come back of you
0 Replies

Abishai100

Sun 12 Jan, 2014 02:06 pm
@bernsky,
You know, there's a chance she could be into polyandry (the taking on of many husbands simultaneously by one wife). I think the key here is to ascertain how to feel like you yourself are receiving adequate respect.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Wed 22 Jan, 2014 04:26 pm
Quote:
Bernsky said: She still loves me but is marrying someone else

I swear that's a line from a country/western song!
0 Replies

crayon851

Fri 4 Apr, 2014 03:38 am
sounds like this all happened in a span of a year or two? If so, I'd just be the best friend she can ever have.

However, you have to consider how IMMATURE she is also. First thing, she gets pregnant (not mature). Second, she marries someone she doesn't love. Third, she flirts with you while her husband is away. If anything, the husband is more mature than she is, despite what she says. He joined the marines so he could support them. What did she do? All she is doing is finding reasons to not like him .

She sounds like a case of the bad news bears to me.
0 Replies

Eliusa

Thu 17 Jul, 2014 09:25 am
@CoastalRat,
Because he said he loves ONLY her? And unable to fall in love with other woman? I understood it right away. Am I the only one?

I am not in position to advise anyone, I found this forum because I am a hot mess myself right now but I am happy mess and before I had made a mistake I think I have rights to say GO FOR IT! Wait for her. If while waiting you will not fall for anyone - you will know you are made for each other.

Good luck.
0 Replies

QueenCandy23

Sun 3 Aug, 2014 12:17 pm
@bernsky,
why oh why?? I mean I understand you love her and all but, honey, just look all around Gods green earth. There are nice women everywhere!
Leadfoot

Wed 12 Aug, 2015 07:28 am
@QueenCandy23,
Yeah, they're all just interchangeable pieces.

I'm kidding. Although she did sound a little too immature . If she can't say how she feels directly to you, I'd wait until or if she is divorced.

It's old news now anyway, that was so 2014...

OTOH, my 'only girl for me' episode had 23 years between our first meeting and us getting back together. It crashed and burned just like the first time. Ain't life a kick in the ass...
0 Replies

HesDeltanCaptain

Wed 12 Aug, 2015 07:39 am
@bernsky,
Having served in the Navy I know a lot of US Marines. I'd change my name and move if a US Marine might conceviably blame me for his failing marriage. Smile I usually have more to say about this sort of thing, but here not so much.
0 Replies

theartist

Thu 17 Sep, 2015 07:31 am
@bernsky,
she sounds young and confused and unfortunately the baby complicated things. Move on; you will get over this in time. She should not be your focus... you need to focus on you and getting your life together; moving forward.
0 Replies

Youthinkimdumb

Tue 10 Nov, 2015 12:17 pm
@bernsky,
I don't think she can give her marriage a real chance or her family if she is still telling you she loves you. And i don't think you are giving yourself much of a chance because your head has been in an obsession cloud.

Now you are not clear... This guy is your best friend? (Talk about a betrayal.) Sad But you too, because he dated her knowing how you felt about her... But so did she. She knew you loved her so she goes with your best friend?

In the end i don't think you fully realize how dysfunctional this woman is. She is a married WOMAN. and she is not conducting herself as such. Sorry, i know you love her, but she is not all that and a bag of chips. If its a bad marriage she can leave...but she choses to stay and complain about it. Not very attractive to me.

About you and school. You should focus on you and college. Get a career and a future that YOU want and then you will find someone who wants the same. Right now i think she is trying to do the right thing for everyone.... letting you go. Please do what she wants for you. Its the right thing. It hurts, but in a few months it will hurt less, and in a year or so you will have your focus back. Good luck!
tsarstepan

Tue 10 Nov, 2015 03:22 pm
@Youthinkimdumb,
It's kind of ... cute that you responded to a 2 and a half year old post from a user who hasn't been back since he first posted it. This thread is staler and moldier than most threads that came 5 or even 10 years before it.
Youthinkimdumb

Tue 10 Nov, 2015 03:38 pm
@tsarstepan,
Dude i know! I realized it moments after i responded. New here... Did not notice the dates. Felt pretty dumb. Haha.
pepsiperfect

Sat 26 Dec, 2015 12:09 pm
Re: She still loves me but is marrying someone else
>Love is ambiguous
Indeed she MAY still love U but is marrying someone else
>The somebody else, she IS in-love with
Notice the difference between love and in-love
It is a VERY BIG difference, with different meanings to different people
though the core definition remains the same.
I love my mom but, I am NOT in-love with my mom !!!
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Sat 26 Dec, 2015 02:49 pm
@Youthinkimdumb,
Dude, no need to feel dumb. If there is any good advice offered here, the benefit is probably not to the 'love blinded' soul who made the OP, but someone who stumbles onto it long after.

What passes for love most of the time, truly is blind.
0 Replies

jbeme

Sat 26 Dec, 2015 10:18 pm
@bernsky,
Harsh truth, sorry.
You're the safe guy, gals don't want to get pregnant by safe guys. You're safe, as in will always be there (in her mind anyways and you would have been, hopefully this forum will change your mind). She is willing to take a risk on the unsafe guy knowing the safe guy is still there - you are her back up plan.

She may even love you more then him, I don't know - my knowledge of the female brain is limited to seeing their actions. But their actions are as follows, they get pregnant by the unsafe guy and keep the safe guy in reserve.

Is that really the life you want? You can have more, it is possible to be both the safe and unsafe guy - that creates a relationship worth having. On one hand you keep them safe, on the other you are the chaos women crave.
Linda19

Mon 28 Dec, 2015 03:00 pm
@bernsky,
Great love story. Nothing bad but this is girl is lucky to have all these guys wanting her. Shes a dumb girl for fooling u around aka not being serious with you. If this girl is going to get married than you got to let her go she made her mind you either put up with it and kiss her feet or else move on and make a life for yourself and date. You need meet other girls and hope your new gf gives you attention and wants you and not decide maybe not or maybe yes. Move on. <3 gud luck.
0 Replies

GAOYAOLI

Tue 3 May, 2016 01:54 am
@engineer,
I don't think it's wise for you to wait.maybe you just love the feeling you love her ,if you keep on focusing the present life .And you will find maybe keep the love in bottom is the best way to both of you.
0 Replies

Cinderellie74

Tue 3 May, 2016 02:44 pm
@bernsky,
Well there is a lot of great advice here. No one can answer this though but you. I am not going to say she doesn't love you because she probably does but not the way you think. She treats you like a yo-yo. If she leaves her current husband - your best friend (or ex bf) then maybe explore you and her but at that point you are the rebound guy and that type of relationship rarely lasts. I say give things time and space. Go out an have fun, hang out with new friends an meet new people. If after a year or so you two find each other again and are both single than see where things go. But I would give each other space. Good luck.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Tue 3 May, 2016 04:15 pm
@jbeme,
Quote:
But their actions are as follows, they get pregnant by the unsafe guy and keep the safe guy in reserve.
True. But that's just one example jbeme. Even if pregnancy is not in the picture, she may hitch her wagon to the other guy (for many possible reasons) and keep her 'reserve' if she can.
0 Replies

Toadys Baggage

Tue 3 May, 2016 08:41 pm
@bernsky,
Just give it time. If it is meant to be, things will work out. Trust me, I understand the concern of others saying that you need to move on. You can do so, but again, if it is meant to be, love will find a way.

Trust me, I was madly in love with a person I met in college. We lost touch and I guess you can say we also had an on and off again relationship. We loved each other, yet she also married someone else. Years later, even after of my moving on, we crossed paths again and I learned that she was divorced. Things picked up soon after and it has been like we never separated (the love is still strong). Of course we had a lot to discuss about the past and how we hurt each other and I'm sure if you and Sara get back together, you will too. But I can't stress enough to let time take its course and be willing to work things out and move forward if that opportunity becomes available