Abortion--soley her body/choice, but not responsibility

RealityChecker

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2004 03:22 am
But your saying his only choice is to not have sex, whereas she gets more choices?
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2004 03:23 am
RealityChecker wrote:
But your saying his only choice is to not have sex, whereas she gets more choices?

Yes, more choices as far as it relates to her medical options.

The man has plenty of chocies that the woman doesn't have. He can quit work to avoid paying her, he can kill himself....

Your attempt to paint as unfair the fact that he has no say in her medical options is absurd even by your standards.

What you are circumventing is that the responsibility of the man starts with the conception and he has to live with what his act results in.

You are railing angainst biology, it's kinda like saying women have a bum deal because they have to carry a child. Railing against biology is futile.
0 Replies

RealityChecker

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2004 03:25 am
Ok, so far based upon this discussion, here is a summation of what has been admitted by my opposition:

She has sole choice in deciding to abort or have the child-His only choice is to not have sex

She has sole choice in deciding to abort or have the child, but she does not have sole responsibility for her sole choice.

Sorta sounds like my post topic, now doesn't it?! Dang this is entertaining.......
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2004 03:27 am
RealityChecker wrote:
Ok, so far based upon this discussion, here is a summation of what has been admitted by my opposition:

She has sole choice in deciding to abort or have the child-His only choice is to not have sex

She has sole choice in deciding to abort or have the child, but she does not have sole responsibility for her sole choice.

Sorta sounds like my post topic, now doesn't it?! Dang this is entertaining.......

Wrong, as I pointed out the man has many options. You are wilfully exluding them because of your own intellectual dishonesty.
0 Replies

willow tl

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2004 03:29 am
you suppose he has one...see your post craven of a troglodyte...lol
0 Replies

RealityChecker

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2004 03:31 am
Craven idea of a mans additional choices are to stop working, whuch he makes the claim that therefore he doesn't have to pay, demonstrating his utter ignorance of child support laws, and his next choice was the guy killing himself....

Boy, those sure are some really fair choices....I had no idea guys had such freedom to choose so many choices!
0 Replies

willow tl

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2004 03:33 am
what are the choices you want?
0 Replies

IronLionZion

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2004 03:38 am
Reality Checker, promise never to leave.

This forum needs you, although not for the reasons you think.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2004 03:47 am
RealityChecker wrote:
Craven idea of a mans additional choices are to stop working, whuch he makes the claim that therefore he doesn't have to pay, demonstrating his utter ignorance of child support laws, and his next choice was the guy killing himself....

Boy, those sure are some really fair choices....I had no idea guys had such freedom to choose so many choices!

I never said they were fair, they were adequate rebuttal for your falsehood quoted below:

RealityChecker wrote:
OkHis only choice is to not have sex.

I can't be faulted for your inability to maintain a consistent position RealityChecker.
0 Replies

caprice

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2004 03:51 am
RealityChecker: Either you're here to create an instigation or you're a whack job.

*wears her ad hominem proudly*

Oh and....according to you, in this thread you have a "matriarchal goverment"...yet in another thread you live in a "gynocentric, misandristic patriarchy". So which is it? Matriarchal or patriarchal?

I don't think misandristic is an actual word. (Prove me wrong. Razz)
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2004 03:53 am
caprice wrote:

*wears her ad hominem proudly*

It'd be kinda silly to let him make ya run afoul of the rules ya know (there's no primitive thinking exception clause).
0 Replies

caprice

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2004 04:08 am
Just where are these rules everyone keeps talkin' about?

Were they in the e-mail I didn't get and/or read?

Is there a rules page I'm not privy to?

Where? Where! Where?!?
0 Replies

Turner 727

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2004 04:10 am
check out this post.
0 Replies

caprice

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2004 04:15 am
I ain't namin' names, but....if you say "dumb ass" backwards, do you know what you get????

http://www.click-smilies.de/my_smileys/smileys1/54_3.gif
0 Replies

roverroad

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2004 04:23 am
I'm jumping in here a little late. But I want to give my opinion on the original post so that more people can hate me. Laughing

I do think that it should be woman's choice in the decision to have an abortion. It's a medical procedure and you just can't force a medical procedure on someone. But men should have some say in this.

It should be the man's right to give up all parental rights before the baby is born. If they don't want the baby they should have a way out of it just like women have a way out with abortions.

To the same extent, the man should have the right to deny the abortion. If the man wants the baby than the woman should have to carry it to term and than she should have the same option of giving up her parental rights.
0 Replies

willow tl

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2004 04:24 am
When they can transplant fetus' to a males body then i might agree with you..until then IT'S MY BODY!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2004 04:25 am
I was just typing a post about men trying to do that - which a few have tried here - and I thought I wouldn't introduce that into an already murky thread!
0 Replies

caprice

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2004 04:25 am
roverroad wrote:
If the man wants the baby than the woman should have to carry it to term ...

On the other parts of your post, no comment.

On this part of your post I strongly disagree.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2004 04:34 am
I was responding to Roverroad, btw

Life sets up a basic unfairness here - thing is, carrying a baby to term and giving birth is a huge thing. It is not something that somebody ought to be able to force on another human being.

Also, this is not something that someone can just throw away. There are huge emotional impacts to giving birth and surrendering a child. Surrendering lega parental rights? Huh! Ain't that simple. And what about the child? How might a child feel about such a thing? Well, I know how they feel - but more commonly it is the dad who has just disappeared.

I guess guys who feel so strongly re these things should be EXTREMELY sure re contraception every time they have sex, eh?
0 Replies

roverroad

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2004 04:45 am
dlowan wrote:
I guess guys who feel so strongly re these things should be EXTREMELY sure re contraception every time they have sex, eh?

That actually goes both ways! If a woman is afraid that she is going to have to carry it to term than she shouldn't have sex.

If the man can't have a say over the pregnancy part than he should definitely have a say over the fatherhood and financial portion of it. There should be a legal procedure where if the woman refuses an abortion at the mans request he should be absolved of all child support in the future. If she wants it so bad she can pay for it.
0 Replies