What in the Hell is going on with A2K???

Reply Mon 22 Apr, 2013 01:27 pm
Why are so many of my responses being eliminated in the response box before they get posted?

What has changed.

I cannot quote without having stuff simply disappear from time to time.

And you cannot move your cursor anywhere without some goddam ad popping up and obscruing your view of what you are trying to read.

Has something recent happened to change things...or is this simply something I am experiencing because of a problem with my computer?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 10 • Views: 3,970 • Replies: 68

View best answer, chosen by Frank Apisa
jespah
  Selected Answer

Reply Mon 22 Apr, 2013 01:36 pm
@Frank Apisa,
It's you. We haven't changed anything on the software side, so far as I am aware, or can tell.
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 22 Apr, 2013 01:41 pm
@jespah,
Thanks, Jespah. I honestly was hoping that would not be the answer, but since it is coming from you, I will accept it as the case.

I removed something a few days ago...I got out of Google Chrome because of its constant crashes...and returned to Internet Explorer. Perhaps that is the problem. I'll work on it.

Damn!
ossobuco

Reply Mon 22 Apr, 2013 01:47 pm
@Frank Apisa,
On the ads, I rarely see them, but sometimes words in a post show up in green and if you are holding your cursor down as you go over them, they'll show up as ads.

On things disappearing, Frank, I don't remember if you know about some threads having to be bumped to turn a page, and you won't see your post until you or someone else posts. Sometimes that takes more than one 'bump'.
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 22 Apr, 2013 01:50 pm
@ossobuco,
I know about bumping, Ossobuco...and do a lot of bumping in the threads myself. The problem I am having is in the window for replies. If I cut and paste something from the poster to whom I am replying, the material suddenly disappears as I start typing my reponse after the cut-and-paste.

Just started happening...and it is driving me crazy. (Or at least it is putting me crazy) Wink
roger

Reply Mon 22 Apr, 2013 01:53 pm
@Frank Apisa,
For what it's worth, I have experienced none of this. I'm using IE something as a browser.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 22 Apr, 2013 01:53 pm
@Frank Apisa,
With me it's even more extreme, everything H20Man posts is a load of bollocks. I don't seem to be able to fix it.
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 22 Apr, 2013 01:54 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Re: Frank Apisa (Post 5309598)
With me it's even more extreme, everything H20Man posts is a load of bollocks. I don't seem to be able to fix it.

Different problem, Izzy. One I cannot help you fix!!!
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Mon 22 Apr, 2013 01:57 pm
@jespah,
perhaps it is a case of server (intermittant) issues?
ossobuco

Reply Mon 22 Apr, 2013 01:58 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Well, that would be annoying! I wonder what the problem is. My browser is safari, don't know if you can use that as a possibility. Some people use firefox. I remember reading negs about internet explorer, but may be mixing it up with something else.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 22 Apr, 2013 01:58 pm
@Ragman,
This is no server issue. Popups usually = spyware or other viruses/Trojans.

Server issues would mean slowness and more than one person would be reporting it.

I am speaking generally and there are exceptions, but I would lay my $$ on it being a Trojan.
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 22 Apr, 2013 02:14 pm
@jespah,
One thing I notice happens (as of just recently) is that when I highlight the material to cut and paste...and arrow shows up that never used to show up.

And when I paste it into the reply box...instead of the cursor blinking at the end of the material...the cursor cannot be seen. When I move the mouse...sometimes the cursor shows up...but sometimes (often) the material just disappears.

Screwed up problem of recent vintage.
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 22 Apr, 2013 02:15 pm
@Frank Apisa,
QUESTION:

Is nobody else experiencing this problem????
JPB

Reply Mon 22 Apr, 2013 02:19 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Not me.

You mention copying and pasting a post in the reply box. Does your quote button work?
JPB

Reply Mon 22 Apr, 2013 02:20 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I cannot quote without having stuff simply disappear from time to time.

Just copied and pasted ^^ from your opening post by selecting the text and pasting it into the reply window.

Sorry -- I think it's on your end.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Mon 22 Apr, 2013 02:21 pm
@jespah,
I have no problem now with needing to put in bumps but I did the other day. I reran my virus software and, coincidentally perhaps, I have had no problem since. Though my log reports no incidents or virii or pop-ups caught.
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 22 Apr, 2013 02:24 pm
@JPB,
Quote:
Re: Frank Apisa (Post 5309636)
Not me.

You mention copying and pasting a post in the reply box. Does your quote button work?

I almost hate to ask this question, but when you ask about a "quote button"...do you mean you can quote something without cutting and pasting it first.

After I cut and paste...I then re-highlight it in the reponse box...and hit the quote button. But that is the only quote button I know of.
JPB

Reply Mon 22 Apr, 2013 02:24 pm
@Ragman,
Unless it's a different problem I thought we identified the bump problems as occurring only on threads where the post count and the page count don't align correctly. Once the # of posts equal what would normally be a full page then they all show up.

Is there a different problem that requires bumping?
JPB

Reply Mon 22 Apr, 2013 02:26 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Open a reply window.

Above the window you'll see "Open BBCode Editor"

Click on Quote.

You'll love the new you!
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 22 Apr, 2013 02:28 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Oh --- you already have a quote button.

Ok, click Quote before clicking Reply and the entire post is quoted. You can edit out parts you don't want to quote.