What in the Hell is going on with A2K???

izzythepush

Reply Wed 24 Apr, 2013 01:34 am
@roger,
It is, but what's the point? Spademaster almost went loopy trying to work out who was voting him down. It's not worth the time and effort, and if you could work it out, it'll only confirm what you already know.
roger

Reply Wed 24 Apr, 2013 02:15 am
@izzythepush,
I know of two who consistantly vote me down, but they are kind enough to wait till I disagree with their posts.
Lordyaswas

Reply Wed 24 Apr, 2013 02:50 am
@Lustig Andrei,
Scotch whisky.
Irish whiskey.

I think the scots exported their spelling over to Canada with their emigrants, and the Irish took their spelling over to the US.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 24 Apr, 2013 02:51 am
@roger,
That's not quite the same, we've all experienced that when certain subjects get heated. This is just personal, it doesn't really matter what I post. They post down stuff that's completely innocuous. I was voted down for wishing everyone a Happy St. George's Day. I'm reminded of Oscar Wilde's quotation about the only thing worse than being talked about, is not being talked about.

Not that I'm anything like Oscar Wilde of course.
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 24 Apr, 2013 04:10 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

It is, but what's the point? Spademaster almost went loopy trying to work out who was voting him down. It's not worth the time and effort, and if you could work it out, it'll only confirm what you already know.

I wish the powers that be would simply disable the "thumbs up/down" feature. It is absolutely worthless...and seems to be an unnecessary distraction.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 24 Apr, 2013 04:31 am
@Frank Apisa,
It has its value when someone like Hawkeye posts something incredibly insensitive, and can be voted off the thread. That's it though.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 24 Apr, 2013 06:46 am
@Lordyaswas,
Lordyaswas wrote:

Scotch whisky.
Irish whiskey.

I think the scots exported their spelling over to Canada with their emigrants, and the Irish took their spelling over to the US.

that almost works except Canada got a huge load of Irish immigrants. Memorial statues all over the place eh
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 24 Apr, 2013 06:49 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
le the "thumbs up/down" feature. It is absolutely worthless...

I'm happy to have it/use it til the once-talked about block feature arrives.

There are posts/threads I'm not interested in - the thumbs-down allows me to remove them from my view. I'd be happy if the numbers didn't appear - just make the posts/threads disappear. I'm not convinced it's any use to know that 3 more people liked your post than didn't like it (let alone the majority who didn't care one way or another).
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 24 Apr, 2013 03:14 pm
@izzythepush,
You're right. That's an important distinction.

For myself, I almost always reserve it for the occasions when someone posts a personal insult and tries to pass it off as an answer. There are many opportunities.
0 Replies