What in the Hell is going on with A2K???

Ragman

Reply Mon 22 Apr, 2013 02:29 pm
@JPB,
that is the one to which I referred. I know of no other bug.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 22 Apr, 2013 02:33 pm
@JPB,
Quote:
Re: Frank Apisa (Post 5309647)
Oh --- you already have a quote button.

Ok, click Quote before clicking Reply and the entire post is quoted. You can edit out parts you don't want to quote.

Take this slow...assume I am an idiot.

What I did here was to click Reply...in order to get a Reply window.

When I tried clicking the Quote button with nothing in the reply window...the only thing that came up was the bracketed word quote and the bracketed back slash quote.

What am I doing wrong?
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 22 Apr, 2013 02:34 pm
Don't hit reply.

Start your response by clicking Quote in the message you want to quote. NOT in the reply window.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 22 Apr, 2013 02:40 pm
All I see is "Reply" "Select Answer" and "Report."

I do not see a quote button until after I hit the "Reply" button.
JPB

Reply Mon 22 Apr, 2013 02:43 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

All I see is "Reply" "Select Answer" and "Report."

I do not see a quote button until after I hit the "Reply" button.

oh..... it's your own thread and you asked a question vs starting a discussion. If you're want someone to answer a question then you start a question and give someone the prize (select answer). If you want to have a conversation (even if it starts out as a question) then you should "start a discussion" when you begin the thread.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 22 Apr, 2013 02:48 pm
I just went to one of my "discussion" threads...and the same thing holds.

ANYONE ELSE READING THIS: Can you help me here? I do not get a "quote" button until after hitting the reply button. Am I supposed to have one before I attempt to reply?
ossobuco

Reply Mon 22 Apr, 2013 02:52 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I seem to remember that you have to go to your preferences (bottom of page) and select enable quote button - in order to be able to lift a post verbatim and then deposit it in reply.

Though I do think you should still be able to do it by cutting and pasting and then clicking on the quote button over the reply box. Or, just say, So and so said...

edit - what it gives a choice on in preferences is Show Quote Button (yes or no)
JPB

Reply Mon 22 Apr, 2013 02:53 pm
@ossobuco,
You're right, osso. It is an option in the preferences!
0 Replies

igm

Reply Mon 22 Apr, 2013 02:53 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

I just went to one of my "discussion" threads...and the same thing holds.

ANYONE ELSE READING THIS: Can you help me here? I do not get a "quote" button until after hitting the reply button. Am I supposed to have one before I attempt to reply?

That's correct you are... the only reason I know that you don't get one is if it is 'not' a discussion thread.

Added later:

Osso is correct in his/her post above see 'My preferences' at the bottom of this page.
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Mon 22 Apr, 2013 03:13 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

With me it's even more extreme, everything H20Man posts is a load of bollocks. I don't seem to be able to fix it.

What? You haven't got that retardate on 'ignore' yet? I have no idea what the fool is posting these days and could not care less.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 22 Apr, 2013 03:20 pm
@Frank Apisa,

Frank, go to Your Preferences and change Show quote button to Yes...

http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x336/RegionPhilbis/quotebutton_zps1cd59322.jpg
roger

Reply Mon 22 Apr, 2013 03:20 pm
@JPB,
Not everyone has a quote button within the thread. For some odd reason, that is an option within "My Preferences". I have no idea why it is even an option.

Frank, I have always had the little arrow when I highlight something, but have experienced none of your other issues.
Region Philbis

Reply Mon 22 Apr, 2013 03:23 pm
@roger,

quote button should definitely be "opt out", not "opt in"...
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Mon 22 Apr, 2013 03:24 pm
What osso said. You should have a 'quote' button right next to the 'reply' button on the page you're reading and/or posting to. That way, if you want to quote from the post you're replying to, you hit 'quote' instead of 'reply' and it takes you to the reply window with quote already there. Then you can edit the quote w/o posting all of it. Go to the bottom of this page and click on 'my preferences' to enable the 'quote' button.
0 Replies

igm

Reply Mon 22 Apr, 2013 04:00 pm
@Region Philbis,
Region Philbis' photo library wrote:

http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x336/RegionPhilbis/v-clinic_zps1809479e.jpg

This is your account I guess it's public!? ( I was just checking where you got the screenshot for your advice to Frank).
Region Philbis

Reply Mon 22 Apr, 2013 05:01 pm
@igm,

yup, photobucket...
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 22 Apr, 2013 05:28 pm
Ok, I've got my own "what the hell"....

I started a thread that doesn't show up on New Posts when I hit it. I know it's there. I've got the post number. I'm logged in. It's not minus (whatever), but it doesn't show up on the new posts feed. Any guesses?
Region Philbis

Reply Mon 22 Apr, 2013 05:30 pm
@JPB,

what are you toggled on, Filter Noise or All Topics?
ehBeth

Reply Mon 22 Apr, 2013 05:31 pm
@JPB,
I can see it under new posts

http://able2know.org/topic/213048-1
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 22 Apr, 2013 05:34 pm
@Region Philbis,
All topics.

I can see it about every third or fourth refresh.

This isn't the first time that I can't see my own threads on new posts. In previous discussions Rob said that it shouldn't happen. It does.