Building the A2K Dream Home

nimh

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2004 08:35 pm
Its gotta have its own coffeehouse, of course, with an unlimited choice of coffees, teas, cakes, cookies, bagels and sandwiches and comfortable, feel-at-ease-instantly chairs and couches as well as large, old-fashioned wooden reading tables; a space imperceptibly large enough to simultaneously create a cosy, homy enclosed style down one end and a porch-like, light, sunny effect on the other, where large, high windows in wooden frames offer a view to a luscious garden outside ... and of course, in summer, you can have your high tea outside, on wicker chairs or the like scattered discretely across the slightly hilly garden ...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2004 09:19 pm
Well, that certainly fits with my vision, nimh, but I would guess others want a softball field, a putting green, tennis courts, and even I want a series of swimming pools (did I ever mention I think swimming pools are a questionable use of space and water in a semiarid climate, but in this case..) pools for toddlers, waders, lap swimmers, in place exercisers, and so on. Plus spas and saunas. I suppose, uh, massage facilities. A juice bar, a cocktail bar, a sangria waterfall.. no, no, I made that up. Outdoor showers... oooh, an allee of outdoor showers.. kind of like the rain fountain at Mexico City's Museum of Anthropology, but much longer..
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2004 09:21 pm
On the second page of this thread, Slappy was giving a description of his bed. You could almost hear him sweating as he closed his paragraph with this sentence...

Quote:
So anyway...ladies? Who wants to get "Slap'd?"

The next response was from BumbleBeeBoogie who quickly typed...

Quote:
Bookmark

Was it just me, or did it seem like BBB was racing off to pack her suitcase? I think Slappy got her pretty excited.

(Make sure those two share a room)

As far as this A2K house goes: I like walking around in the nude, drinking a beer, and having several south american rodents on leashes.
The animals just kind of pull me around the house. It really is quite exciting.

If anyone objects to my nudity I will wear my burlap thong.

Oh, and I would request a room on the far side of the estate, a good distance away from kickycan and caprice's room. Those two make way too much noise.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2004 09:45 pm
Osso

lap swimmers ... do they do the same trick as lap dancers?

intresting ...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2004 09:53 pm
Not that I knew of, Nimh, but it is a point of conjecture, now that you bring it up...
I think the accomodations might vary, however, at least sometimes.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2004 01:09 am
In repsonse to gus's apparent needs, a swamp and another large barn to hold his assortment of special species would come in handy.
0 Replies

roverroad

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2004 01:14 am
The indoor olympic sized swimming pool will have a sand island in the middle with palm trees. The roof will roll back in the summer but in the winter there will be tanning lights suspended from the ceiling so that it will feel tropical all year long.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2004 03:15 am
Well, it'd better be a very wide pool as I don't want to hit an island as I flail toward 75 feet away, or whate'er it is.

I think we need to tuck the island in the corner nearer the spa, or else, yes, to widen the pool quite a bit. Though I don't mind doing that, it could enhance interest... for birds, for example...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2004 03:20 am
A swamp would be good, indeed a whole marsh, even a very large marsh, rather like where I live, which has bunches of them. We'd like that, though be aware, gussie, there are particulate rays for detection of intervening substantials, and you, you, you, might fit that description.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2004 06:53 am
Quote:
In repsonse to gus's apparent needs, a swamp and another large barn to hold his assortment of special species would come in handy.

Hey, Ceili, at first I didn't like your new avatar, but the more I looked, the more intriguing it became.

Let's see.... you're short, have big ears, and, unless I'm imagining things, your head is flat. A perfect surface to accommodate a beer.
0 Replies

kirsten

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2004 07:11 am
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Quote:

Hey, Ceili, at first I didn't like your new avatar, but the more I looked, the more intriguing it became.

Let's see.... you're short, have big ears, and, unless I'm imagining things, your head is flat. A perfect surface to accommodate a beer.

Ceili, the thought of being Gus's perfect woman ...... Shocked Drunk
You need to change that avatar today before he does something rash! (or gives you one Rolling Eyes )

Which reminds me, we might need a a first rate medical day-spa on the grounds, so that we can all grow old "gracefully."
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2004 10:52 am
Glad to come in handy gus.

Why so bitter, buddy? Did someone fail to get lucky last night. Are the ladies holdin' out, hmmmm.

I have noticed a marketable change towards me since I adopted the little fella's outlook on life. Apparently, there are quite a few people with less than favourable towards my little jack rabbit. I will endeavor to find a new avatar. One that will keep the masses happy.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2004 10:53 am
Does this work for you?

Edited - Double post.
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2004 11:21 am
my room should be:

17 ft from floor to ceiling, w/ vault going up an additional 6 ft (i need to be on the ground floor w/ my room sort of "jutting' out of the house...but i'm sure there's gonna be lots of jutting hahaha). I would like 2 bay windows and I want the windows to open fully - not with that panel of glass in the middle that doesn't open. I need a king sized bed that's super soft with the best boxspring we can get (i like to jump in the bed & bounce) and that needs to be four-poster with mini turrets at the tops of each post. i need japanese room dividers (3 of them) and I want a small hallway leading to the library directly from my room.

I'll need double shelves going across the top of my room w/ little enclaves thrown here and there beneath then room-round shelves. Full walk-in closet w/ revolving center clothes hanger rack.

thank you.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2004 11:23 am
Hee hee...!

Love the backyard amenities for A2klets. :-D
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2004 11:37 am
gotta look out for the wee ones soz. maybe they can room together?
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2004 11:58 am
Onyxelle's room sounds goood ...

Ceili, omg! Ehm ... what is that, exactly? Very Happy
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2004 01:14 pm
Quote:
Why so bitter, buddy?

I'm not bitter at all, Ceili. Or at least I wasn't when I mad that post.

Nah, I'm always a happy camper, never bitter. Life is good to me. I've never had problems, never worry about anything, always a good supply of cash in my pocket, travel when the urge dictates I do so.

So, I'm ok. Thanks for your concern. I was just havin' a little fun, that's all. I certainly didn't mean to get kirsten all riled up. But you handled the whole thing with grace and diplomacy. Kirsten ran around like a crazed banshee hen, overacting, and, sadly, making the suggestion that she would be in a shell- shocked and heavily intoxicated state if she were to engage in amorous activities with ol' Ratzenhofer. That bothered me a little bit. I hung my head and wept silently for several minutes, but I'm ok now,

Now, Ceili, about your new avatar. What the hell is that? It appears to me a shrunken monkey head sitting in front of an atrophied ostrich egg and pools of some sort of putrid gelatinous substance are forming around the monkey's ears.

Where the hell did you find that?

I'm be perfectly honest with you, Ceili. You are frightening me with that ghastly image. Please find something a little more pleasing to the eye.
0 Replies

kirsten

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2004 02:15 pm
Quote:

So, I'm ok. Thanks for your concern. I was just havin' a little fun, that's all. I certainly didn't mean to get kirsten all riled up. But you handled the whole thing with grace and diplomacy. Kirsten ran around like a crazed banshee hen, overacting, and, sadly, making the suggestion that she would be in a shell- shocked and heavily intoxicated state if she were to engage in amorous activities with ol' Ratzenhofer. That bothered me a little bit. I hung my head and wept silently for several minutes, but I'm ok now,

Gus, I thought you of all people, knew me for the evil, conniving woman that I am. Couldn't you see I was just trying to get Ceili out of the way??? As far as being shell-shocked and heavily intoxicated (on the elixir of lust) it was my understanding from talking to the other wimmins, that was how you always left them, addicted and longing for more. I'd think you'd be damn proud of that!
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2004 02:39 pm
It's a bunny sleeping, or hanging his head in shame - take your pick. I thought it worked with some of the posts I've taken flack for over the last few days.
Sorry to scare ya'll.

I look for something new soon....
0 Replies