Building the A2K Dream Home

nimh

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 07:04 pm
A skyblue room with an emperor-size bed (thats x-times a king bed) and a glass roof, to look at the stars through ...
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 07:07 pm
lol!

ok slappy, did you HAVE to post right in front of me and make me look like some pussy-whipped sissy poetboy?

dAMN! Very Happy
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 07:11 pm
Hell yea...sissy.

If it makes you feel any better, I've got a queen sized bed with a sky-roof thing.

So anyway...ladies? Who wants to get "Slap'd?"
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 07:47 pm
BBB
bookmark
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 07:51 pm
yeh, that too - the a2k dream home's gotta have some of the most exquisitely designed, hand-made paper bookmarks ... good point, that.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 07:55 pm
I'll umm.. be down in the wine cellar. *hic*

Wink
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 08:14 pm
Seems a little unwieldy. I think we need several smaller places in differant areas.

Drom, laughed about the wine attic. My design partner and I were looking at the newly arrived Architectual Digest today.
Actually, she was looking at that, I was tearing little cards out of my new New Yorker, and she came to the Tigerman McMurray apartment, some 5800 square feet quite a bit in the air; it had a wine cellar, among other features. I said, noooo, a wine attic...
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 09:08 pm
It must contain a movie theater. Movie stars would have to come to our theater to see their first run premier movie. After much notice it would eventually be dubbed "A2K Movie Festival" and become a place where Oscars are born.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2004 12:08 am
In our house? Nooo, I think we need a Village....
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2004 12:09 am
The A2K village sounds good.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2004 12:18 am
We'll probably need a little airport, perhaps a train depot..
not to mention garage, bicycle storage, kayak rack, or whatever you do with those..
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2004 12:19 am
How about Ossobuco Airport; Colorbook Music Emporium?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2004 12:37 am
Sounds good...
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2004 12:39 am
We'd need a top rate vegetable garden, a herb garden, a potting shed - barn size - to hold all the rider lawn mowers, a green house for the hydroponics, fruit trees with a 18 hole golf course winding through over looking the ocean.

And a wine cellar, a music room - recording studio.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2004 12:45 am
Listen, you work out the program, I'll help with the design layout...
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2004 01:48 am
You got a deal, Osso.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2004 02:24 am
Eva wrote:

SPECS: My suite should include a large bedroom and an attached sitting room/library with a window seat looking out on the courtyard and its fountain. Frescoed ceilings, of course, and Venetian chandeliers to match the mirrors and light fixtures in the bathroom. The bath should be Italian tile and marble. I want an extra-large whirlpool tub next to a see-thru fireplace on the wall shared by the bedroom, so I can enjoy the fire from either place. Extra-deep carpeting in the bedroom and sitting room/library, please. Oriental carpets in the bath over the marble floor. Please locate suite near the kitchen of the house for easy late-night access.

How did you know what my bedroom looks like Shocked I dont remember having you in there Wink

I want a nice chrome and leather well stocked bar - with large leather couches - and a couple of sexy barmen
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2004 05:33 am
colorbook wrote:
The A2K village sounds good.

Well, yanno it does take a village....

I say, forget the Oscars, we need our own Dorothy Chandler/Kodak Theatre-style pavilion. Sharon Stone and Jack Nicholson can help give out the Enabler Awards. Is that Angelina Jolie I see on the red carpet??
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2004 12:29 pm
BBB
Every room in the house should be "smart" wired for all high tech installations available now. A visionary could add additional installations for future improvements.

Also good doggie doors that really work well and are secure.

I would also like those all windows to be those that at the flick of a switch become opaque for privacy without excessive window coverings.
http://216.239.39.104/search?q=cache:l8ssOiVPR9oJ:www.glassonweb.com/articles/article/192/+electronic+opaque+window+glass+&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

All windows would be of adaptable UV and R rated glass so that they would react to the ambient outside light.

BBB
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2004 08:27 pm
Well, I'd like mine to do all that and still be made of early 1900's glass, which is sort of rippley...
0 Replies