Building the A2K Dream Home

kirsten

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 10:34 am
Join me in building the A2K Dream House. Suggest any outrageous amenities you would include if money were no object. I'm starting with a gift wrapping room, stocked with rolls of paper and ribbons in every color, and a big counter-high worktable with cubbies and bins for storage underneath.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 6,105 • Replies: 81
No top replies

Dartagnan

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 10:39 am
I'd want my own bedroom, that's for sure!
0 Replies

kirsten

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 10:46 am
D'artagnan wrote:
I'd want my own bedroom, that's for sure!

And probably with a lock on the door if A2Kers reside there!

We will probably need bunny doors (like doggie doors) too!
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 10:52 am
Yes, a lock would be a good idea. And yes, too, about pet doors. All sorts of them, I think.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 10:57 am
Pet doors would be a necessity.
I would like a wonderful patio with misters for the hot dry weather we have out here and plenty of room for a naturalized garden to attract wildlife--a2kers included.
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 10:57 am
I'd like a feature that automatically announced who was at the front door (retna scanning feature i guess) so that visitor screening would be allowable.

Thank you.

also, we'll need a "gustav alert" installed...
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 10:59 am
also,

a great big fenced in backyard complete w/ ulta-special swingset/jungle gym for the

a2kerlets (the wee ones need accommadation too)
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 11:01 am
A huge galley kitchen with separate full size stainless steel fridge and freezer, walk in pantry, three sinks, one on each end of the center counter, three gas ovens with electric broilers and a professional gas range, super capacity dishwasher, microwave, Cuisinart, Kitchenaide mixer, bread rising "room", counters covered in Corian except for one large piece of marble for candy making, lots and lots of storage space filled with All Clad stainless cookware and plenty of wood and stainless utensils. To compliment this I would like two outdoor grills, one large gas grill and another charcoal/smoker unit.

Am I missing anything?
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 11:01 am
Shelving space--lots and lots and lots of bookshelves. Housemates who put books away according to my system would also be a highly desirable feature.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 11:02 am
I think it has to have a rooftop deck, suitable for watching the skies and the rest of the world go by.

http://www.cloture-oasis.com/english/images/11F.jpg
0 Replies

Eva

I want a ground floor suite with its own courtyard entrance and three dedicated parking spaces for guests.

SPECS: My suite should include a large bedroom and an attached sitting room/library with a window seat looking out on the courtyard and its fountain. Frescoed ceilings, of course, and Venetian chandeliers to match the mirrors and light fixtures in the bathroom. The bath should be Italian tile and marble. I want an extra-large whirlpool tub next to a see-thru fireplace on the wall shared by the bedroom, so I can enjoy the fire from either place. Extra-deep carpeting in the bedroom and sitting room/library, please. Oriental carpets in the bath over the marble floor. Please locate suite near the kitchen of the house for easy late-night access.
0 Replies

cjhsa

I know what I'm missing, a large vegetable and herb garden out back, and some fruit trees to boot. Sorta like my house now, only lots BIGGER and newer.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 11:04 am
Personally, I'd like dsl, a mac, a great chair, small fridge... in my computer room. Oh, yeh, dog cushion...
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 11:07 am
Eva wrote:
I want a ground floor suite with its own courtyard entrance and three dedicated parking spaces for guests.

SPECS: My suite should include a large bedroom and an attached sitting room/library with a window seat looking out on the courtyard and its fountain. Frescoed ceilings, of course, and Venetian chandeliers to match the mirrors and light fixtures in the bathroom. The bath should be Italian tile and marble. I want an extra-large whirlpool tub next to a see-thru fireplace on the wall shared by the bedroom, so I can enjoy the fire from either place. Extra-deep carpeting in the bedroom and sitting room/library, please. Oriental carpets in the bath over the marble floor. Please locate suite near the kitchen of the house for easy late-night access.

Uh, me too! In pale green and cream tones, please with fragrant flowers in the courtyard.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 11:10 am
Just give me the keys.
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 11:11 am
Ocean front...
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 11:12 am
To hell with DSL, I want dark fiber, a Cisco switch router and GBE to every room.
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 11:14 am
speaking as a floridian...

oceanfront? house this huge?

we'll have to have some major storm protection....
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 11:27 am
I'll share a bedroom, but I want my own bathroom.

A workshop with all the drills, and routers, and saws ...

A sunrise view over the bay.
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 11:34 am
Who said anything about Florida, dear?

Who said anything about USA for that matter?

One of the tiny Greek Islands would be nice.
0 Replies