What do you believe is true, but cannot prove?

Leadfoot

Reply Wed 19 Apr, 2017 07:25 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
Leadfoot Quote:
"That complicates the problem for abiogenesis a lot more than your comment would imply to most people. A single gene can have hundreds to millions of base pairs."

Youre being purposefully reticent to accept the point. Looking for simpler and simpler genetic structures in Archea and "linking" these functional dna complexes may lad us back to finding our most ancient ancestors and their environment o existence

No, I'm not. I am in agreement with what you said. I was simply pointing out that those Archea were way more complex than 100 DNA pairs. Those not familiar with cellular biology might think your statement implies that an organism with as few as 100 DNA base pairs could be a viable life form.

If you want to replace the term I used (gene) with 'DNA complex', that's fine with me. They are essentially the same thing.
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Wed 19 Apr, 2017 09:10 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Quote:
Pick length or height I don't give a shizz
Izzy keeps boasting about how you Brits are masters o irony. I think humor, and its appreciation resides on a bell shaped curve of attention, not intelligence as he seems to claim.
You just been ironized and it jut went over yer head.
Lets back up, what is up today?

You may well not believe it but I saw it...I just decided it was more important to press the point past humour in hopes you might get the idea.
You are a gray person in my view. Interesting and inteligent enough to engage but very stubborn. I felt like keeping at the topic while you digressed with humour because you thought there was nothing there worth attending...
What should I comment on high HIGH? Easy joke...
I wanted you to focus as I think I can recover you back to the importance of concept analysis, Philosophy that is...
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 19 Apr, 2017 09:32 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
You need to rewrite your last sentence.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Wed 19 Apr, 2017 09:35 am
@farmerman,
Speaking bout today I just had my coffee expresso outside with a nice sunny afternoon for background. How is the weather over your place?
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Wed 19 Apr, 2017 09:39 am
@cicerone imposter,
It was edited as I wasn't finished yet...(I never am) but now can't edit the thing anymore. By the way, what was wrong CI?
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Wed 19 Apr, 2017 10:03 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
I wanted you to focus as I think I can recover you back to the importance of concept analysis, Philosophy that is...

Back at my reply to you, I wanted you to focus as I still think I can recover you back to acknowledging the paramount importance of concept analysis, Philosophy that is...I know deep down you know it, but then turf war is funnier init?

That better CI? Wink
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 19 Apr, 2017 10:13 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Quote:

I wanted you to focus on the importance of concept analysis as in Philosophy.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Wed 19 Apr, 2017 10:19 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Quote:
c

I wanted you to focus on the importance of concept analysis as in Philosophy.

...oh no nop..It was meant as a casual final aside remark.

Perhaps then:

I wanted you to focus as I think I can recover you back to the importance of concept analysis...Philosophy that is!

Not "as in", Concept analysis IS Philosophy!
0 Replies