What do you believe is true, but cannot prove?

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 16 Apr, 2017 06:22 pm
@think rethink,
Have you seen the study at Stanford and Yale on how "normal" people can torture others?

It doesn't take much knowledge of history, even American history, to see that democracy is an oxymoron.

Do you believe America has equality for all?

What is your opinion about president Trump? Do you understand why he was elected our president?

Quote:

Sunday, Apr 2, 2017 04:29 PM PDT
This piece originally appeared on BillMoyers.com.
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) released the first of its “name and shame” lists last week, intent upon intimidating 96 sanctuary cities — towns, cities and counties — that refused requests from Immigrations and Customs Enforcement (ICE) to detain undocumented immigrants in order for federal agents to pick them up. If states or cities refuse to comply, President Trump has threatened to cancel their federal funds, but thanks to the U.S. Constitution, it’s an empty threat. There is a little-used “anti-commandeering” doctrine that says using federal tax and spending powers to coerce state or local governments to enforce federal law violates states’ rights. For years, states’ rights and federalism have been a right-wing cause, but now the tables are turning.

Trump doesn't understand our Constitution. It's only a matter of time before he resigns or is impeached.
think rethink

Reply Sun 16 Apr, 2017 07:10 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Hi cicerone,

I'm not interested in politics and I haven't red that study you mentioned.

I believe that society the way I know it is a rotten **** pile.

Regardless of the format, the leaders are always curropt, or they would refuse to lead.

I'm here to transform myself as much as society would permit me, I know it's in my way, but I'm not here to change my circumstances,
I'm here to change myself.

If humans will ever become enlightened,
I assume, there would be no need for authority and government, as at this pure state, there is no evil, neither temptation.
All the wicked cruelty that takes place,
Is not the work of humans, but of a dysfunctional emotional ego within them, to Wich they are just as enslaved and manipulated, as the people exposed to their tyranny.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 16 Apr, 2017 07:26 pm
@think rethink,
Actually, I don't worry about politics at all. It doesn't matter who our president is in how my life is affected; mostly not.
The funny thing is, I have voted in every election since I was 18 years old. It didn't matter whether the president was the one I voted for or not.
I guess it's a matter of doing our civic duty.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Mon 17 Apr, 2017 03:15 am
1 - Thar there is Fate.
2 - That we live in a simulation.
3 - That there isn't any actual infinity.
4 - That the (Master) Universe (simulations aside) has a cyclic looping algorithm into its process and its essentially timeless.
5 - That belief systems of all kinds including organized Religions are as essential to society like sleeping and dreaming is essential to the individual.
0 Replies

think rethink

Reply Mon 17 Apr, 2017 01:40 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Yes, you are correct about this.
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Mon 17 Apr, 2017 01:49 pm
@rosborne979,
rosborne979 wrote:

I believe but cannot prove, that the Inertia of an object results from the resistance by space-time to asymmetrical distortions of the gravitational field. One implication of this is that space-time would have an inherent "elastic" quality to it.

There is a difference between an objects momentum within an atmosphere vs vacuum.

Gravity pressing the object in motion against another object, ie. the ground creating friction which causes a loss in energy. Time doesn't seem to restrict this in any way.

Acceleration of an object is easier in a vacuum as well. If time plays a role it should be clear.

Time just seems to be entropy of the system but I'm not even certain that this is the case. Time could just be a dimension that crosses through spacial dimensions.
rosborne979

Reply Mon 17 Apr, 2017 04:25 pm
@Krumple,
I'm not sure how that relates to my supposition.
farmerman

Reply Tue 18 Apr, 2017 06:39 am
@rosborne979,
It doesnt. Hes forgetting that inertia is the response of a body acting AGAINST its continual movement. Media is immaterial to thaat and we can calculate the force. We do this all the time in computing gravity acceleration
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 18 Apr, 2017 06:44 am
I am convinced that ARCHEA, of extreme simplicity, still exist in remote "hidy holes" of the planets environment and will, when found, provide evidence that "creation" occurred many more times than once on earth.
Leadfoot

Reply Tue 18 Apr, 2017 07:31 am
@farmerman,
I can understand the thinking that it might exist and we haven't found it yet, but if the simplicity is that extreme, you would think we could build it ourselves in the lab. It isn't for lack of trying..

Of course when and if we do build it, it won't settle our argument. ID will obviously be involved.

I believe, but cannot prove, that such ARCHEA will never be created by natural causes.

I do find it ironic that Fil's view of 'conservation of complexity' and farmer's conjecture about the ease with which 'creation' occurs are so close.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Tue 18 Apr, 2017 07:54 am
@Leadfoot,
There is nothing odd when you take max or min entropy in a evolving system when time passing is considered.
The problem is ppl not understanding that time passing may not be fundamental ontology just like moving pictures in a film don't show up out of nowhere. The film is a full existing block already.
Leadfoot

Reply Tue 18 Apr, 2017 07:59 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Quote:
The film is a full existing block already.

And every good film has a director. How do you like this one?
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Tue 18 Apr, 2017 08:01 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Perhaps there is a film of all possible films...I ain't calling that block stone logos god anytime soon. At least not in the traditional sense.
Leadfoot

Reply Tue 18 Apr, 2017 08:03 am
@think rethink,
Quote:
I know of a beautiful positive life accessible to all,

Well damn! Don't keep us waiting, Spill man
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Tue 18 Apr, 2017 08:03 am
@Leadfoot,
You insist in separating creator and creation. The block film has all states of possible logos. That **** is an unmoving dead stone. Not your thinking feeling god...
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Tue 18 Apr, 2017 08:05 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Quote:
I ain't calling that block stone logos god anytime soon.

That is an available option in this film
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Tue 18 Apr, 2017 08:10 am
@Leadfoot,
Leadfoot wrote:

Quote:
I ain't calling that block stone logos god anytime soon.

That is an available option in this film

Its a state of affairs not an option. You call god perfect but I understand perfection in a way you will never will. For one perfection entails all possible states exist such that no actual computation/motion is ontologically Fundamental."God" does not need to think future states of affairs. THEY ALL ARE! (present tense)
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Tue 18 Apr, 2017 08:10 am
More Irony..

A2K's most ardent atheist promoting this song.

Quote:
"Pie Jesu" English Translation:

Merciful Jesus, merciful Jesus, merciful Jesus, merciful Jesus
Father, who takes away the sins of the world
Grant them rest, grant them rest
Merciful Jesus, merciful Jesus, merciful Jesus, merciful Jesus
Lamb of God, Lamb of God, Lamb of God, Lamb of God
everlasting
everlasting
Rest

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Tue 18 Apr, 2017 08:17 am
@Leadfoot,
Don't pot shot. Address the depth of the debate where I left it if you can...
farmerman

Reply Tue 18 Apr, 2017 08:28 am
@Leadfoot,
again , the "ease" by which chemicals bind is more a subject of the origins of the elements beyond Lithium. That took a several step process that could include a "Dark" period similar to genesis.
1. The big bang merely was a starting line in which the initial inflation was a burst of "creation of hydrogen"

2.For hundreds of millions of yers the universe expanded, cooled, and darkened in a growing , darkening, bubble.

3The big transformation was where the actual origins of the elements occured by (hypotheses is) a "knot of hydrogen begat some helium and the increasing intercations caused increasing density ions to appear.This occured in several hundred generations of proto -stars creating heavier and heavier elements ( with a concommitant percentage bulk increase of such elements as iron and aluminum and carbon). We now routinely analyze the spectra of stars to see those low in Fe because those are the very oldest.(Since Starmpper WE have ways to best map out the generational ages of the galaxies in the observable universe by means other than jut Leavitt or Hubble "candles)

4These ions were the heavy elements each with a pattern of bonding and surface reaction. Radioactive and stable isotopes of all elements were formed by increasing densification and explosions of what became known s stqrs and galaxies.

Genesis is a fairly simplistic but easily understood story of what is a much more complex growth pang. Science really has no argument to dissuade you. (However, science is really not in the business to make myths coincide with discipline).

When PENZIAS AND WILSON mapped the Cosmic Background Radiation over time after the big bang, it took a few years later to translate that this map is not seen in the visible spectrum, its a map of an increasingly darker void.Waiting for the "Big Trans"